Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Iphone 8 Issues

Iphone 8 Issues

i went to power down and reboot my iphone 8 (verizon) last night...it goes into a black screen white apple loop and won't boot up...hard restart doesn't work just stays in the same loop...i can get it into recovery mode but i try researching on the internet to see if i can figure it out...it finally comes on and i figure i should probably update ios since i haven't done that since i got it at the end of 2017...didn't think to try to back it up beforehand since the last time i backed it up was at the same time i got it...try to update to the new ios 11.3.1...goes into a "press home to upgrade" loop and still won't start...didn't want to wipe it just due to photos from then to now but ran out of better options...restored to factory settings with the new ios...only thing i was able to keep was my contacts (which i think is saved through my verizon wireless online account)...tried to restore back to the december save point and it goes back into the same loop...restored to factory again...ear speaker doesn't work, mic doesn't work, can't depress home button (but it does work), doesn't ring when i get a call, no sounds of any kind...only thing i can do is text

have insurance on it so i'll probably be going to an apple store which i feel like is going to be like going to comcast...hopefully they give me a loaner or a brand new phone cause this is bs...even if i hadn't updated ios in a while the update shouldn't brick my phone!!!...pissed at myself for not backing up and pissed that it failed

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 05-23-18 at 02:08 PM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Re: Iphone 8 Issues

i guess my question is i have insurance on the phone but i also have an upgrade available...does the apple store deal with the insurance end or do i have to deal directly with the insurance (asurion)?...since the ios upgrade killed my phone i figure that's more on apple than the insurance right?...not sure which will be cheaper...at this point i feel like they should just give me a new phone

0 Not allowed!

I've filed claims with Asurion before... VZW will likely just tell you to go directly through them. I think my deductable was like $200?

You can do it on their website here: claims - Asurion

Being an 8 it might still be under warranty though no?

0 Not allowed!

thanks...yea i had to bring it to apple...it's under warranty...got a brand new one...they said the problems that my phone had was something they have seen with the iphone 7 but mine was the first iphone 8 they have seen with the same issues...they ran a diagnostic on it and determined it had to be replaced...the tech was great but the whole place wreaks of douche...they said it was an hour wait so i went into the mall walking around...they text me (since the text still worked) to say that they were ready for me and to check in...so i start to walk back...then i get another text saying that they had to give my spot to someone else cause i didn't check in fast enough so i had to wait longer which i understand but they should have told me there was a time limit...then they take what your wearing and the tech has to come up and find you...hope i never have to go back there again

0 Not allowed!