Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jeep Gladiator vs The World

Re: Jeep Gladiator vs The World

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    All the full size trucks look a lot a like these days, and the mid size are 90% replicas.
    Yup! I noticed this recently with the new flocks hitting the market. Not that I DON'T like my Realtree Silverado, but I've been keeping my eyes open just in case something strikes me. Truth be told, while I NEED a full size pick-up truck, the Realtree is a bit too nice for me. Too many bells & whistles that I'll never use and just too flashy. And our new Keystone Cops squad up here has a huge hard-on for it. As in, they pull me over for any ridiculous thing they can think of and have even followed me home a number of times, and have yet to get one ticket. Can you say stereotyping & fishing?

And what the fuck is it with putting 20" SUV highway tires on half-tons? Fuckin' things are questionable in RAIN, never mind mud or snow! Yeah, I get the mileage thing (I get 22-24mpg currently). But put tires on there off the floor that belong on a pick-up!

Anywho ~ I've noticed just what you said: most half-tons now all look alike. The midsizes are out for me though - again, I need a full size. But it's kind of disheartening when all major players are starting to look the same.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

why do the cops hate you so bad?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Ive driven in a car before. Never once have I thought to myself that it would be so much better if I could stick my left leg and foot out where it doesn't belong. It screams the kind of look at me douchebaggery that is so prevalent in todays world.
    Kind of like those DBs that ride around on motorcycles.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    why do the cops hate you so bad?
    The truck stands out in a small town with an overabundance of black half-tons. That and the fact that I know a lot of people in town and I'm always running to & from. I also used to frequent the one & only watering hole in town. They see me go by and they latch on. They've followed so close once, I thought we were getting rear-ended when I made my turn. I got out and gave him a wrath of shit. They've also literally waited & watched as we walk into our house a couple times to make sure we weren't trying to dodge them. I've had to do road side sobriety tests & even consented to road side breathalyzer tests. I've been told I didn't stop long enough (no ticket), I didn't put my directional on soon enough (I asked them to come measure with me - no ticket), and I've even been told I crossed the white line when there weren't any due to paving (no ticket)! Again, none of the above resulted in a ticket. They just have a HUGE hard-on for the truck & myself, even though I've yet to do anything technically wrong.

It's like clockwork: if they're roadside and they see me a comin', you can bet your ass they'll be following me - especially after dark.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    The truck stands out in a small town with an overabundance of black half-tons. That and the fact that I know a lot of people in town and I'm always running to & from. I also used to frequent the one & only watering hole in town. They see me go by and they latch on. They've followed so close once, I thought we were getting rear-ended when I made my turn. I got out and gave him a wrath of shit. They've also literally waited & watched as we walk into our house a couple times to make sure we weren't trying to dodge them. I've had to do road side sobriety tests & even consented to road side breathalyzer tests. I've been told I didn't stop long enough (no ticket), I didn't put my directional on soon enough (I asked them to come measure with me - no ticket), and I've even been told I crossed the white line when there weren't any due to paving (no ticket)! Again, none of the above resulted in a ticket. They just have a HUGE hard-on for the truck & myself, even though I've yet to do anything technically wrong.

It's like clockwork: if they're roadside and they see me a comin', you can bet your ass they'll be following me - especially after dark.
    Oh man, sounds like how I was treated 18-28 yrs old, then it finally stopped!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Kind of like those DBs that ride around on motorcycles.
    Some of them, yes.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Oh man, sounds like how I was treated 18-28 yrs old, then it finally stopped!
    That's exactly how it feels. I'm fuckin' 50, have kids aged 13, 19, 28, and two grandkids. It's not like I'm some young punk blowing coal out of some silly stacks. Stock exhaust, no lift, stock truck.

FWIW - there's a few others around town that they seem to like too. Just not as much as they like mine. LOL!

0 Not allowed!

This is just down the street from me. You see it and cannot NOT look at it. Pictures don't do it justice. BUT the thing is a toy for those with lots of disposable income and their Corvette is in the shop.

0 Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123