I go through jobs.........

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Yup, I gave my notice today, sick of working weekends, holidays etc... for a guy who is an ass, and cares for no one but himself. He works like 2 days a week while the rest of us work or asses off for him. You would think he would take care of his employees seeing as he only has 3 of them. Well now only 1 of them seeing as how the other guy quit on friday and I quit today leaving the owner and the manager.
    I go through jobs like tully goes through bikes
    seriously though, I finally get a steady schedule 7:30 to 4:00 M thru F . holidays off
    I wish I knew that my current boss was such an asshole before I wasted my time working for him.

0 Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Do you have a new job yet? I don't work weekends to often but have this past month. Lemme tell ya, it suxs On the plus side, it has been mostly double time so i don't mind it so much when the eagle shits on wednesdays You should join a union my friend

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

iTrader Score

Unions Breed mediocrity, Only worked well for the textile industry! Bwaaaaa Haaaa Haaa!

Double time..Geeeez! And I make Million dollar Machine gun parts for the F22 stealth fighter! LOL! I don't get double time on saturdays.....What a Fucking Life!

0 Not allowed!
    Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Yeh, actually I do have a job lined up. Same place 1/2 squid works. i start the 24th of june. I gave a 3week notice, and am off for bike week for one of them.

I have only had one job in my life time where I have had weekends off and I miss it.

0 Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

iTrader Score

I have great hours I work m-f 8:30-5 with a one hour lunch, but.... my boss is a complete ass! First off when he heard about Ken and Cooter's accident, he told me that bikes are dangerous and people who ride them get what they deserve! What the fuck is wrong with him! One day after I almost lose my husband and a friend! It goes on but I won't bore anyone. Long story short, I am thinking of quitting. I don't care if I have to go waitress at hooters, this place is unbearable!

0 Not allowed!
    Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Hmmmmm...let's see, Sean. Leah got her degree and you're between jobs. I do believe you were waiting on such an opportunity so's you guys could move up near us. It would seem this is that opportunity...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Unions Breed mediocrity, Only worked well for the textile industry! Bwaaaaa Haaaa Haaa!
    Ha! Unions RUINED the American workforce and also breeds laziness. Yeah, it was a good idea back when it was common practice to force people to work in slave-like conditions and hire children. But unions today have effectively destroyed the hard working American workforce that was so admired worldwide decades ago. It's a damn shame, but they're a big part of why Americans are losing jobs to overseas workers and it's what makes NAFTA such a shitty deal for a lot of Americans...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Self employment

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

....................... PinHead's Avatar
    iTrader Score

Ha ha ha ha ha..... I am in the works of getting my Electrical Lic. back, and I hope to get a union job after I do. Still need those outlets replaced Stone?

0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I can't speak for other unions but speaking for the unions dealing with construction, pretty much everything Jay said is untrue

The union is surely not the cause of the lazy american worker. Poor workforce management and supervision by the contractor is the cause. If you're on a job, union or not, and you have an opertunity to fuck off, you do. It's all in the management which the union itself has nothing to do with.

Do a little economy research, you'll see the states with strong unions have a strong economy, those with weak unions have weak economys. Can't be to bad can it?

Having worked for "scab" (can i call them that here without causing trouble?) companies (non union) in the past, i can say i'll never go back to working non union again. I like being a worker and not just another number!!

I'm done with my little rant:o

Mark
    PROUD member, local 94

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Ha ha ha ha ha..... I am in the works of getting my Electrical Lic. back, and I hope to get a union job after I do. Still need those outlets replaced Stone?
    Yip! I need some wiring done in the garage too. Shoot me an email and I'll clue ya in...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I can't speak for other unions but speaking for the unions dealing with construction, pretty much everything Jay said is untrue

The union is surely not the cause of the lazy american worker. Poor workforce management and supervision by the contractor is the cause. If you're on a job, union or not, and you have an opertunity to fuck off, you do. It's all in the management which the union itself has nothing to do with.

Do a little economy research, you'll see the states with strong unions have a strong economy, those with weak unions have weak economys. Can't be to bad can it?

Having worked for "scab" (can i call them that here without causing trouble?) companies (non union) in the past, i can say i'll never go back to working non union again. I like being a worker and not just another number!!

I'm done with my little rant:o

Mark
    PROUD member, local 94
    That's all a crock. I'm not trashing the quality of work they get done, don't get me wrong. But unions have made the American workforce a joke!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

worked at the caf in college... most employees were in the union, and it totally hogtied the place. an employee could jack off into the salad bar w/ the whole place watching, and not even get a fucking reprimand unless one of the managers caaught them red-han... err... white-handed.
    total bullshit.

'nother friend of mine had an internship at a ford factory... he picked up a component from the reject bin to look at it.
    and got written up and yelled at by some guy who said it was a union job.

so i may be a little biased.
    -t

0 Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

I was in a union. Interestingly in that situation I felt more like "a number" than in any other job situiation I've been in.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

I dunno, maybe I'm catagorizing here. But it fuckin' kills me to no end watching these union road crews around here (this is just an example). You'll have NINE guys get to the site at 8:00. First, they gotta stand around for an hour LOOKING at the pothole & drinking their coffee. Then ya got one guy holding the shovel, one guy holding the tar rake, one guy holding the oil mop, one guy holding the broom, one guy shoveling the tar into the pot hole, another guy tamping it, one guy standing there talking on the two-way, and two flag-men. All the while one guys doing his part, the others just stand around watching him. It's a fuckin' joke...

0 Not allowed!