just got back......

just got back......

i just got back from Ohio...my son was home for christmas, from college in ohio.....his friends that were supposed to get him back had to "flake" out with the travel arrangements at the last minute......we drove out there on Monday...the roads were a horror show...we drove by lots of bad wrecks (on interstate 80)...and narrowly avoided getting creamed in a pile up,,,,...we noticed a tractor trailor stopped in the middle of the road,...so...i stopped just in time from rear ending him...somehow got past him and noticed about 5-6 cars all in the ditch one or 2 upside down and a tractor cab up side down on the other side of the road.......we were going by slowly and a pickup truck pulling a u haul jack knifes right behind us hitting the parked semi we first avoided......im telling u that it was pretty nasty....we kept going since there were plenty of people there and some had cell phones...wasnt much we could do anyway......took us 17 hrs to make it to Ohio......we saw at least 20 bad accidents.....i hate that ride!!!.....i got 5 hrs sleep and came back last night.....im still burned out......i hope i dont have to make that drive again anytime soon.......i wasnt TOO impressed with the Pa dept of highways....never even saw a cop either.....guess they were busy eating donuts or something.........my question...has anyone else had the ride from HELL???..........seems like a good topic...meanwhile im having a brewski....

0 Not allowed!

Guilt a USELESS emotion SEVENSGT's Avatar

just got back......

Last March I drove from Orlando up to RI 19 hours straight no breaks cause the wifey doesn't drive standard. Stopped off at south of the border, it is fuckin nasty!!!!! I hit the CT border and took a quick nap. When we got home it was 45 degrees kinda sucked cause we left FLA it was 90 at 5am

0 Not allowed!

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

just got back......

Oh man...sounds like quite a stress drive...don't think I can top that story.

Hey...Sugar Hill, huh?...gotta love that Polly's...

0 Not allowed!

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

just got back......

man, I know how that sux... done a few long hauls thru ugly wx myself, over the years. back in the winter of '78, drove straight thru from Rochester, NY to Biloxi, MS... by way of Erie, Pittsburgh, Cincinnatti & Warren, OH. same as above: only one who could drive a standard. they shut down the NY State Thruway around us 'cuz of the snow, but after we got to PA it got easier. dunno how long it took... I was, uh, chemically enhanced at the time.

last Sunday, drove the g/f down to her sister's surprise party in Philly... hung out for a coupla hours... then drove back. only about 350 mi / 7 hours each way, but I was wiped out by the time we got back... guess I ain't such a young feller any more . 'course, the shitty plowing of the CT roads made it a lot worse... once I made it back to the 'Pike, it was alright... still, don't think I'm gonna repeat that trick any time soon

0 Not allowed!
    WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R