Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

All the lame asses of rock support kerry...

Springsteen, "It's our duty to challenge the government," Mellencamp said. "Recently, if you challenged the government you've been called a traitor, and I think that's wrong."

Who has been called a "traitor"? Too bad these clowns exert so much influence over the youth. I think messages like Springsteen's are irresponsible and foster unqualified mistrust in the government.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Littering and........

Originally posted by bentbryan
    Springsteen, "It's our duty to challenge the government," Mellencamp said. "Recently, if you challenged the government you've been called a traitor, and I think that's wrong."

Who has been called a "traitor"? Too bad these clowns exert so much influence over the youth. I think messages like Springsteen's are irresponsible and foster unqualified mistrust in the government.
    LOL...or, perhaps he is quoting the sentiments of our founding fathers.

Originally posted by highsider
    LOL...or, perhaps he is quoting the sentiments of our founding fathers.
    the circumstances are just aleeetle bit different.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Anyone who votes the way a band tells them to deserves to be shot. Then again, I was called a traitor on several occassions for protesting the war, and was called a "Saddam Sympathiser" even HERE on this site, so don't tell me you won't be called these things for expressing your opinion.

I don't go calling y'all murderous hate mongers now do I?

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Yup, sure as shit I was called a "Saddam Sympathizer" here... not by you... either bigred, lrrs, or one of the usual suspects Ahhh, the beloved deceased CT forum

I'm a big boy, and this is a web forum, so I don't take it personally, and I certainly don't take it as seriously as I do if it were said to my face. After all, loads of things are said here that wouldn't likely come to surface in a "real life" discussion, but, I certainly have been called a traitor to my face for my anti war views. I've even had someone sucker punch me for it at the big Boston march... it happens.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    like seriously SERIOUS? not in a ball busting/jovial mocking fashion? wow... i think most of us who argue politics here have an understanding that there's a lot of stupid ball busting... kinda like a bunch of guys talking trash politics in the back room of some nice restaurant milking brandy's and smoking cigars, that sort of thing...
    No, like I said, I don't take anything said here as seriously SERIOUS

Unless of course you start talkin shit about my momma, then the shits on!

Littering and........

the circumstances are just aleeetle bit different.
    I respectfully disagree. When we stop challenging the government, we invite the loss of freedoms. Bruce Springsteen is voicing an opinion that echoes the ideas that the writers of the constitution had in mind. The minute we stop being critical of the government is the minute we being being lulled away from democracy; it has been proven many times over throughout history.

hohum,

I can say that I was not the one to call you a Saddam-sympathizer.

On topic:I agree with you that anyone who gets their politics from a rockstar ought to be shot. However, as I'm sure you are aware, rockstars have tremendous influence over a great number of really stupid people. The sad thing is that they express their views knowing that their fans will not question or investigate for themselves.

LRRS#167

Littering and........

Originally posted by lrrs167
    hohum,

I can say that I was not the one to call you a Saddam-sympathizer.

On topic:I agree with you that anyone who gets their politics from a rockstar ought to be shot. However, as I'm sure you are aware, rockstars have tremendous influence over a great number of really stupid people. The sad thing is that they express their views knowing that their fans will not question or investigate for themselves.
    I also agree that anyone who bases their voting opinions on some rock star's rantings should be violated with a railroad tie. But, we cant blame the stupidity of the masses on rock stars for voicing their opinions. It isn't their fault that *some* of their fans are retarded.

I respectfully disagree. When we stop challenging the government, we invite the loss of freedoms. Bruce Springsteen is voicing an opinion that echoes the ideas that the writers of the constitution had in mind. The minute we stop being critical of the government is the minute we being being lulled away from democracy; it has been proven many times over throughout history.

Hang on one second. I'm all for challenging the gov't, I'm a republican duh! But Springsteen and their cohorts have absolutely no idea of what they're talking about, and they're up there on stage saying the war was bad, Bush lies and Cheney is evil. I'm pretty sure our Founding Fathers were not making accomodations for famous people to shoot their mouths off. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I feel you should exercise responsibility by knowing just what the fuck you are talking about.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Littering and........

Hang on one second. I'm all for challenging the gov't, I'm a republican duh! But Springsteen and their cohorts have absolutely no idea of what they're talking about, and they're up there on stage saying the war was bad, Bush lies and Cheney is evil. I'm pretty sure our Founding Fathers were not making accomodations for famous people to shoot their mouths off. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I feel you should exercise responsibility by knowing just what the fuck you are talking about.
    So, let me get this straight - because you dont agree with their political beliefs, they dont know what the fuck they're talking about??

Okay, Dictator bentbryan

Actually, the right to shoot one's mouth off is EXACTLY what the authors of the Constitution had in mind, and that is why the Supreme Court has upheld the First Amendment for as long as they have. Its what makes America the nation that it is.

Not to bust your balls, but you are looking at history and the constitution through politically shaded glasses.

Littering and........

Problem with rocks stars are:

1. they're usually not very bright when it comes to anything other than music.

and,

2. they're so insulated from the real world, they don't have a clue

Unless, of course, you're Bono from U2....
    Which is why anyone with more than 7 brain cells takes anyting they say with a grain of salt.

Lifer

Unless, of course, you're Bono from U2....

????

Bono seems as stupid as the rest of them. He is just more active than most.

I agree most people will take what they say with a grain of salt, yet stupid people may just listen to them.

Yet that doesn't change the fact that they have every right to say anything they want.

Ben

Littering and........

Originally posted by benVFR
    ????

Bono seems as stupid as the rest of them. He is just more active than most.

I agree most people will take what they say with a grain of salt, yet stupid people may just listen to them.

Yet that doesn't change the fact that they have every right to say anything they want.

Ben
    Now we agree....excellent!!

I think MrE was being sarcastic about Bono.....Bono irritates even me, and I'm usually ok with that sort of bitching from rock stars. I watched a U2 concert once on PPV, and he interrupted a song to whine about some political BS - I turned it off and vowed not to give him any more of my money.

So, let me get this straight - because you dont agree with their political beliefs, they dont know what the fuck they're talking about??

Okay, Dictator bentbryan

Actually, the right to shoot one's mouth off is EXACTLY what the authors of the Constitution had in mind, and that is why the Supreme Court has upheld the First Amendment for as long as they have. Its what makes America the nation that it is.

Not to bust your balls, but you are looking at history and the constitution through politically shaded glasses.
    I might actually have some respect for your arguments except for the fact that you keep twisting what I have said. When did I say they shouldn't be allowed to shoot their mouths off? I never did, and I would never seek to silence someone, no matter how outrageous I might perceive their statements. The one who's looking through a shaded anything would have to be you. I'd bet that you have no idea of some of the things that have come out of Springsteen's mouth, do you? But you're there immediately to defend him, saying that because I don't agree with him is why I would state he doesn't know what he's talking about.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Littering and........

I'm not twisting your words, I'm repeating them.

You started by saying that - and this is a quote - "I think messages like Springsteen's are irresponsible and foster unqualified mistrust in the government."

I argued that point with you, and you said that wasn't what our 'Founding Fathers' had in mind. I feel its pretty obvious that that is EXACTLY what they had in mind.

I dont know everything Springsteen, or any of those other fucktards said, but I DO agree that Bush is a liar and Cheney is evil. I don't think that makes me unpatriotic at all.

And also - OF COURSE you say he doesn't know what hes talking about because you dont agree....that argument doesn't make any sense. I'm confused.

Now calm down, you seem to be getting upset. Theres no need, I respect your opinion, I'm just trying to have a discussion with a like minded (motorcyclist) person.