Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Land survey questions

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Re: Land survey questions

curious, facing your house...left or right?

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    I agree on all counts. My texts requested to speak with him directly about this and I have been exceptionally patient given the berating phone call. On two occasions now I've sat back (and for the most part silent) while he vents. I am and will continue to be the bigger person however the way I see it right now is I am in a pretty good position to tell him to go fuck himself then make this entire thing complete hell for him. Between the illegal or homemade explosives and the shooting coyotes from what sounds like his deck, I'd like to think he'd be more interested in self control.

Falko - I think he stews on things for some amount of time then at whatever point it becomes convenient, it all spills over and his real message becomes diluted with unrelated factors once the floodgates open. During his phone call I heard something about him needing to plow for 14hrs, I heard about the cars I own that sit in my driveway...followed by him instantly justifying his two dilapidated rock crawlers that currently sit in his yard all the while my cars are complete, have all their doors (ahem!) and run...I heard about me not being his dad so I don't call him bud, I'm not a hotshot, no, I don't get to reply to anything he is saying. It got to a point where I wasn't listening as a result of the state of shock I was in.

I believe my message to him has been clear the entire time....talk to me if there's an issue or if he needs help, has a question, etc. I am an open person and practice a community mindset.

Perhaps I'll mail the letter. I feel I'd be risking another issue by walking onto his property.
    Is this neighbor a drinker? I've dealt with crap like this in the past, everything would be fine with a neighbor then one day it was like a different person, yelling about all sorts of crap, barely making sense.

0 Not allowed!

you should erect a fence that looks like your boat

1 Not allowed!
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

i had a neighbor that has since moved.
    he bitched about our barking dogs. i apologized and assured him it would get better once they grew accustomed to their new surroundings.
    then we put up a fence so our dogs could use the whole yard.
    then...
    he got a dog...that barked....incessantly
    then he got another...that also barked incessantly.
    he would be out there at all hours yelling at his dogs and yelling on the phone. he was crazy.
    dogs were constantly running into the street

i went over politely one day when his dogs were out being crazy. i asked him nicely to control his dogs and to keep the noise down. he told me that he tries but they dont listen. i told him to try harder.

things were ok for a few weeks but then one day i was in the yard working and his dogs were barking ALL DAY. i got fed up and yelled over the fence something like "seriously man, all day?". he started squawking and i marched over there.
    "you got something to say?, i couldnt quite hear you way over there"
    he yammered something about my dogs barking and a fence
    i told him to shut it and control his dogs or his next visitor was gonna be the police.
    2 weeks later him and his dogs disappeared.

current resident got a visit from the NH state police fugitive task force looking for him a couple months ago lol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    pine stumps turned on their side mades a nice "stump fence"

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Is this neighbor a drinker? I've dealt with crap like this in the past, everything would be fine with a neighbor then one day it was like a different person, yelling about all sorts of crap, barely making sense.
    I don't believe he is a drinker in the sense that it would affect his personality. I know exactly what you describe, though, and I just don't see it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    I'm solving this problem with a bigger boat.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post

I'm solving this problem with a bigger boat.
    Or more boats!

0 Not allowed!

Decrepit old travel trailers are dirt cheap and a REALLY big eyesore. Perhaps a few printed out CL ads of real gems in his mailbox will remind him of what could be.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    Or more boats!
    Or a boat made from fence?

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

you could try a custom cover with a picture of him shooting coyotes...

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    you could try a custom cover with a picture of him shooting coyotes...
    I forgot I had a shitty neighbor a few years ago, I signed him up for every free magazine i could find online.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    good fences make good neighbors
    1/4 mile of wooded land makes for great neighbors. I wish I could get back out into the country....

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Got a text earlier today:

Bud - "Trees out back with yellow paint...plan on cutting those?"

Me - Depends on which ones but yes eventually

B - "I measured out the property line. I'm not a surveyor but by my measurement the line falls down the middle of the stream/ pond. There's a big hardwood that's questionably on my side. Survey may become necessary for us."

M - Those were marked a while ago so I'm sure some of those are on your property. No problem if you'd prefer I select other trees.

M - I'd really like for us to have a civil conversation about all this. I realize you aren't crazy about me but no matter what I am always willing to talk things through

B - "No further conversation necessary. Pulling ordinances from the town to check on some things and when my surveyor friend and I get some time I'll distinguish a line. But dropping trees is no better than building a stone wall or a fence. If it's close get a survey"

I haven't replied yet but if I do I believe my reply says "Thanks for the advice".

0 Not allowed!

Is he trying to claim some of those trees are his and you can't cut them?

0 Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

I'm not sure what he's going for with this one. I marked some trees under a verbal agreement from the previous owners 4 years ago. (This is not me saying I am "owed" the trees)

I did not get over there before they sold the house and I believe this is his reaction to me being out back dropping lumber over the last couple weekends.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Is he trying to claim some of those trees are his and you can't cut them?
    New Hampshire's forestry laws highly frown on cutting other people's trees without their permission. You can be held liable for triple the value of the illegally harvested wood amongst other penalties. It's best to be careful!

1 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    New Hampshire's forestry laws highly frown on cutting other people's trees without their permission. You can be held liable for triple the value of the illegally harvested wood amongst other penalties. It's best to be careful!

I have seen courts award 10x stumpage, had a client once, neighbor cut 3 acres of veneer oak, and chunked into firewood, that was a costly mistake

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Ouch.

0 Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Ouch.
    It was blatant theft. My client was just owner of vacant land, and driving past you wouldn't notice. Once you got out of sight from road, neighbor cleared diagonally across lot to wrong property marker, including a 1000 ft line of blazed and painted trees on the correct property line that was well marked

Luckily he had a forest inventory that was done by a professional forester. who came back to compare inventory after timber trespass, and estimate stumpage cut

Now that I think more about it, the judge may have awarded 15x the forester's stumpage valuation. And the value was up there, the assumption was highest possible value just looking at stumps, was it really a veneer oak ? or cordwood like it was used for

in the end, the firewood guy couldn't pay, my client ended up owning the property next door, and another unassociated property

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 03-24-18 at 01:43 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Went out to move my boat up a few feet today in an attempt to alleviate the concern about the placement. As I'm connecting the trailer and removing the chocks my good ole neighbor decides, at that moment, to shoot some guns for ~5 minutes then proceeds to watch every move I am making for the next 45 minutes. Best part in all this is that the boat placement was sorted out in 15 minutes so he basically took time out of his day to watch me dig out my cars.

It's kinda sad and laughable all at the same time.

0 Not allowed!

Sounds like you need to start raising roosters.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I have seen courts award 10x stumpage, had a client once, neighbor cut 3 acres of veneer oak, and chunked into firewood, that was a costly mistake
    A good majority of my work is consulting jobs for neighbors cutting down other neighbors trees. It's crazy what people do.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    On the other side of this coin is the notion of adverse possession. If your neighbor is using your land or property for an extended period of time, and treating it as his or her own, and you know about it but don't do anything about it, he or she can ultimately make a legal claim that the land is now his or hers, and not yours.

My former in-laws went through this. It wasn't pretty.

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

adverse possession in NH is hard to prove, it must be open (with the owners knowledge), notorious (without the owners permission), exclusive (you are the only person using the property) and continuous for a period of 20 years or more, no 10 years, a week off then another 10 years. Also, you cannot claim adverse possession against the sovereignty. (municipality, state or any other form of government)

prescriptive easements are much easier to prove

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Just had an interesting thing occur....

About 3hrs after the boat and cars were moved, I get a text from my neighbor basically saying that if I want to talk, let's talk but he's not interested in playing my little games. Of course for me I want nothing more than to avoid texting on a topic like this. So after a bit of back and forth as far as arranging a place to meet, we agree to just he an I talking out front. I admit I was not exactly into a one on one and I was concerned if this might turn into something a bit more serious.

What happened in the next 35 minutes of discussion was nothing short of amazing. We cleared up so many things that took place in the last few weeks that we both left with a complete understanding of the other side.

I don't recall if I said it in this thread but he really isn't a bad guy....just a little quick to hit level 11. He admits this and even went on to thank me for being patient with him. For me, I get it....I get where he is coming from and I know now, straight from his mouth, that I am not on his bad side. The timing of things and the loss of the true message in the text string are where things went wrong. He knows this and I definitely know this.

So, the property line has been discussed (I actually have a lot of information regarding the line, including the location of a pin that was sunk into some ledge years ago), I will be acquiring the wood pile and we will both be working to drop the pine next to my shed where I really want my boat to go.

Incredible the things that happen when technology isn't in the way.

11 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 03-25-18 at 08:19 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast