Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

LASIK Rules

Re: LASIK Rules

^^^NOT cool man. Not cool. ^^^

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That cutty part is indeed freaky. Sorry.

They don't do the credit card swipe anymore. Wife just got it done and it's entirely laser now, even the flap cut.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2007 Kawasaki EX650

Had this done Friday...nothing to it. They gave me a Valium, which didn't do shit for me, but the whole thing is so quick it didn't matter. Eyes were totally numbed up so all you feel is pressure. The worst part was the rest of the day, your eyes really feel like shit, like they are full of sand or something, but you just try to keep them closed as much as you can. But by the next morning, perfect vision, minor discomfort that's about gone now (Monday). The weirdest part, no pain afterwards. I expected something, like soreness or something. Cost was about 3300$ after a 15% insurance discount, which covers correction within 2 years, and 50% off correction within 10 years. If you're thinking about doing it, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Had this done Friday...nothing to it. They gave me a Valium, which didn't do shit for me, but the whole thing is so quick it didn't matter. Eyes were totally numbed up so all you feel is pressure. The worst part was the rest of the day, your eyes really feel like shit, like they are full of sand or something, but you just try to keep them closed as much as you can. But by the next morning, perfect vision, minor discomfort that's about gone now (Monday). The weirdest part, no pain afterwards. I expected something, like soreness or something. Cost was about 3300$ after a 15% insurance discount, which covers correction within 2 years, and 50% off correction within 10 years. If you're thinking about doing it, do it.
    Can you tell me a bit more about the insurance discount? Glad to hear it went well, I've worn glasses since the 4th grade and I hate it.

'08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

With the place I used, Eye Health in Dartmouth, they give you 15% off if you have Davis Vision as your vision provider. Might be others, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Can you tell me a bit more about the insurance discount? Glad to hear it went well, I've worn glasses since the 4th grade and I hate it.
    It seems to depend on the provider performing the operation. Mine (LasikPlus, in 2008) merely asked whether I had insurance. I told them "Yes, Cigna," and LP took something like $500 off the price. Never asked for my insurance card. Cigna didn't cover lasik anyway at the time!

Bill Cool --- LRRS/CCS EX #47 --- 2018 and 2019 LRRS Double Backup Champion GTL and ULSB, 2012 LRRS Champion AM Thunderbike --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts / GMD CompuTrack

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345