Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Legality of cameras in the work place?

Ok im gona try to make it short and simple.
    Im very fucking pissed off about this.My boss put cameras in the shop and there all over the fucking place.He has 2 monitors in the office and 1 upstairs.He hangs out upstairs most the time.The cameras are both video and sound.He is recording both video and sound upstairs on a timelapse recorder.He also has no signs anywhere at all a stating he is recording.I guess Im not so pissed that hes recording its the fact that the 2 assholes in the office have nothing better to do but to listen in on our private conversations and then make stupid fucking comments later on.I don`t like it when ppl listen in on others conversations and I feel really fucking violated.One of the "kids" in the office is a real fucking dickhead and im holding myself back from knocking him the fuck out!Im not joking here,its only time befor I slam his ass.I don`t want to take it this far.This little fucking dork has pushed my buttons for the last time.I need help and any suggestions at all.Should I mention,the kid in the office,His mother is fucking the boss?

Tommoro morning im gona set up a table in front of the monitors with a package of ju ju beads,popcorn,and a bottle of soda.

Sorry about the rant I just have to vent and really need some profesional help.
    Omg Im looking here for profesional help?!?! j/k

[Edited on 5/14/02 by Stihl]

0 Not allowed!
    If it aint broke,break it!

That's bullshit! I would be pissed too I am not sure that is entirely legal. I can understand recording visual, but why the hell do they have to have sound? I would look into that.

0 Not allowed!
    Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

this sounds like a job for....

SUPERLAWYER!
    seriously... i'm pretty sure there are some civil liberties issues here. doesn't there have to be notice of such surveillance, and perhaps consent given?
    -t

0 Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Video taping with out consent is legal, but audio is not. I would call the local P.D. and ask them, if they can't help perhaps they can leed you to someone that can.
    Oh and pay attention to the fact that when you call them, they say right up front, " this line is being recorded" even before you say anything.

0 Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Oh and pay attention to the fact that when you call them, they say right up front, " this line is being recorded" even before you say anything.
    Sean is absolutely correct, recording audio is NOT legal without prior notice. This is exactly why they say "this call is being recorded" when you call the police. I'm in agreement, call the PD and see what they say...after all they're supposed to be knowledgable on issues like the law and all that jive (supposed to be...yeah, that's what I said lol).

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Bikeless Prick

How about a dissenting opinion? Ya fuck me, I know, but....

It sounds like you work at some sort of store where there is customer traffic coming in and out. My understanding of NH R.S.A. is that a business open to the public can be monitored with both visual and audio. As long as somewhere near the entrance it is posted that cameras and audio are being used. Short of a camera in the changing room or bathroom you should have no expectation of privacy... even in a break room. If I were the owner of a business where the public was present or cash/merchandise were being handled, you better believe I would be installing surveillance.

It sounds more like you have a direct case of harassment by your coworker. While the monitoring is probably legal, your coworkers actions are not.

I'd either beat the fuck out of the little shit. Or if you want to keep your job I'd mention your issue to the boss. If he gives you a hard time... then seek some legal advice.

Just another opinion...

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

....................... PinHead's Avatar

I think the others are right about called the local PD and find out about the laws. I think I would be as pissed as you are right now man. Give em one of these

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Update

It was bought to my boss`s attention that his GFs kid was listening in our private conversations and he pulled a bit of a nutty.Which is very kool...I give the man highest props for these actions.He also said that hes not gona record voice just image.He removed the voice option on the cameras"disabled it"

Rant
    This kid fucking sucks!Hes a cocky little 19 year old that just got out of high school.He weighs all of 120 pounds.I got 100 pounds on his ass.I will crush this little fucking piss ant like a grape.He knows I wont touch him cuz I fear jail.So he keeps his picking at me.I have called him on multiple times outside and he just wont follow.Im not gona quit my job.Theres only 5 of us there and 4 are real good friends.This kid aint going anywhere either.My boss wont fire him.This kid needs a beaten from a kid his own age or younger.Anyone have anyideas on what I should do here?

No offene to you younger ppl on the board.Realy....I know all teenagers are not like this and im not trying to stero type any groups.

0 Not allowed!
    If it aint broke,break it!

Bikeless Prick

Glad to hear your boss took care of some of this issue. I didn't mean to hold the only dissenting opinion. I knew you were pissed, as would I, I just felt like there wasn't a lot of legal ground regarding the actual recording.

I know the type of kid you're talking about... I used to be that way when I was his age, many years ago. I took and gave my share of beatings.. but it never changed my attitude. Not that I'm saying NOT to beat the little fuck... cause certainly that will make ya feel better, just don't expect him to change. Especially if he doesn't know that you were involved.

Why don't ya try to make his life at work just as miserable?

0 Not allowed!
    Rich