Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A whole new level of cold (for me, anyway)

Re: A whole new level of cold (for me, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    Most modern railways in North America are no longer jointed in favor of continuously welded rails that allow for higher speeds and less friction.
    Did not know that, thank you.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

I'm working outside today

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I'm working outside today
    Same here, was -6 when I left for work yesterday, and -2 this morning when I left. Western RI, Iím in a valley and when the wind is calm, itís usually 3-4 degrees colder.

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

I work outside everyday. Yesterday was chilly, and this morning was just as bad, but it’s better now at 1 degree, sunny and the wind isn’t too bad. The wind has a big effect at my job because we are usually 100’ in the air and above the trees all day.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    coldest temps in my memory are -48 when I lived in Milan, NH, and -52 when I was in college at Paul Smith's,NY, and several -35 mornings growing up in northern Vermont

fwiw, I run 70/30 antifreeze/water rather than 50/50
    My coldest was -45 and that should be illegal. I don't want to experience it again.

This was late 80's in Pittsburg NH. I went up there to go snowmobiling. I went out even though it was that cold and I ended up with some frostbite on my face, neck and arm.
    We were trying to leave and the truck wouldn't start. Some nice people there towed us to their house and put it in their garage. It still took a few hours to get it running.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
    My coldest was -45 and that should be illegal. I don't want to experience it again.

This was late 80's in Pittsburg NH. I went up there to go snowmobiling. I went out even though it was that cold and I ended up with some frostbite on my face, neck and arm.
    We were trying to leave and the truck wouldn't start. Some nice people there towed us to their house and put it in their garage. It still took a few hours to get it running.
    we started a campfire under the log skidder to warm it up before even attempting to start it. My VW bug would start in neutral with the clutch pushed in, but even letting the clutch out in neutral would stall the engine till I got it warmed up, then I had to warm the transmission up in neutral a while before I could drive it down the road. At least being air cooled, I didn't pop freeze plugs like everyone with 50/50 coolant

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12