Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Macan vs. Cayenne

Re: Macan vs. Cayenne

It's almost time to move on from the Infiniti. It's pretty much paid for and in true Big Shirl fashion, it's almost time to kick it down the road. She always loved it, I was never a big fan. Performance was awesome. Acceleration, braking, handling and snow going capabilities were incredible. I was also a big fan of the overall look of it - not at first, but it really grew on me.

That's pretty much where the love affair ended with me though. The quality of the features & technology was 'meh' at best. Cheapish looking buttons & rocker switches that looked straight out of the Murano, monochrome in-dash information, lame/dull/hard to read infotainment interface, overabundance of redundant controls, etc. The vented seats got lukewarm in the winter and slightly cool in the summer. The sound system was great though, I'll give it that. But I was never all that impressed beyond the performance.

The service department was great when we needed them, but that really wasn't all that much. Besides the basic preventative maintenance stuff, not one single issue. She really only used them for the free services that came with the deal, recalls, and when they were offering specials for certain preventative-type stuff.

She's so all over the fuckin' place right now with vehicles, I can't wrap my head around what she's going to go with. But with daughter #1 long out of the house, daughter #2 now off to basic training then advance training and plans to move out when she graduates, and the boy not really wanting to do ANYTHING with us unless it involves girls/dirtbikes/ATV's/snowmobiles/shooting, her want for an SUV may have subsided. Although she HAS mentioned she's hot for the Jag again. But we'll see where this goes...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Test drive a Tesla. Seriously.

Even if it's not your thing, it's something to experience for sure.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Test drive a Tesla. Seriously.

Even if it's not your thing, it's something to experience for sure.
    Ya know? That actually sounds like a great idea. Not something either of us would pursue. But I think we'll do just that. Regardless of what she wants or when, I think this will be a priority some slow Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Ya know? That actually sounds like a great idea. Not something either of us would pursue. But I think we'll do just that. Regardless of what she wants or when, I think this will be a priority some slow Saturday.
    It's eye opening. Make sure you hit a few on ramps and stop lights. Heh.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

GT500

I test drove a Jaguar F-Pace last year, I was impressed. It was a sharp looking suv and I forgot the engine it had, but it was pretty stout. Interior was kinda cheap feeling and seemed dated, tho I thought the sales women said it was due for an update in 2021.
    I really liked the Mercedes Benz GLC300 Andrew had prior to buying the Range Rover toilet he has now. Most Functional, most comfortable, and most stylish interior by far, and plenty of grunt with 2.0T engine and 9spd

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

We got a Hyundai Palisade a couple of months ago now. Wife loves it, I love it. Would highly recommend.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I’ve got a Macan. Base model. Had X3 before. This is sportier. Similar power but feels quicker. Maybe due to the transmission shifting quickly. Only downside so far is mine doesn’t have the sport exhaust and you have to put the actual key in. First world problems I guess. Other than that rides nice and has many options . Good looks and sporty enough ride. Also had a fully loaded Kia Sorento or two actually. Lot of SUV for the money.

2013 ZX6R-636

My wife went from high end German cars X5, A4, S4 then to a Lexus. almost went with a Porsche Macon ... She now has a Hyundai Tucson and loves it. Its also a 1/3 the price. As long as it has a heated seat and wheel plus all wheel. it fits her needs....

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    prior to buying the Range Rover toilet he has now. Most Functional, most comfortable, and most stylish interior by far, and plenty of grunt with 2.0T engine and 9spd
    Surprised to see positive noted towards the Range Rover, rare sight nowadays. I have my eyes set on a new Defender in a 6 year plan, something CPO with a warranty. It strikes all the right notes.

Between already having another Brit and a Volvo now I'm somewhat of a glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Surprised to see positive noted towards the Range Rover, rare sight nowadays. I have my eyes set on a new Defender in a 6 year plan, something CPO with a warranty. It strikes all the right notes.

Between already having another Brit and a Volvo now I'm somewhat of a glutton for punishment.
    The positive was towards the Benz lol.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    The positive was towards the Benz lol.
    Big whoosh.

As you were. Things are as expected.

Hellcat Durango. When you need one vehicle to do everything.

3.5 sec 0-60 run
    180 mph top speed
    8,700 towing
    Room for 6 passengers

You can totally slip that past the wife.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I test drove a Jaguar F-Pace last year, I was impressed. It was a sharp looking suv and I forgot the engine it had, but it was pretty stout. Interior was kinda cheap feeling and seemed dated, tho I thought the sales women said it was due for an update in 2021.
    I really liked the Mercedes Benz GLC300 Andrew had prior to buying the Range Rover toilet he has now. Most Functional, most comfortable, and most stylish interior by far, and plenty of grunt with 2.0T engine and 9spd
    Good to know. She has been mentioning those again as well as the Macan. But she's also mentioned some sedans lately too. Mercedes may be back in the mix too. You never know with her.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    We got a Hyundai Palisade a couple of months ago now. Wife loves it, I love it. Would highly recommend.
    Highly doubtful we'd ever see Big Shirl in a Hyundai again. Besides being an unreasonable car snob (it truly is unreasonable), she once had an Elantra and swore Hyndai off for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    I’ve got a Macan. Base model. Had X3 before. This is sportier. Similar power but feels quicker. Maybe due to the transmission shifting quickly. Only downside so far is mine doesn’t have the sport exhaust and you have to put the actual key in. First world problems I guess. Other than that rides nice and has many options . Good looks and sporty enough ride. Also had a fully loaded Kia Sorento or two actually. Lot of SUV for the money.
    I'd like to hear more about your experiences with the Macan.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    My wife went from high end German cars X5, A4, S4 then to a Lexus. almost went with a Porsche Macon ... She now has a Hyundai Tucson and loves it. Its also a 1/3 the price. As long as it has a heated seat and wheel plus all wheel. it fits her needs....
    See above re: unreasonable car snob. Although I tried to turn her to at least looking at Lexus last go 'round and she had no interest. Not my dog, not my fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Hellcat Durango. When you need one vehicle to do everything.

3.5 sec 0-60 run
    180 mph top speed
    8,700 towing
    Room for 6 passengers

You can totally slip that past the wife.
    Ha ha! Unfortunately, I have very little to do with her purchase. It wouldn't be slipping it past her, I'd have to buy the damn thing myself!

She may shoot it down based on brand, but the '21 Explorer ST is worth a test drive. It's pretty awesome*.

*for a Ford.

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

Ford really screwed the pooch with the relase of the current gen explorer
    https://jalopnik.com/the-launch-of-t...ess-1839224574
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ry/2292795001/

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    She may shoot it down based on brand, but the '21 Explorer ST is worth a test drive. It's pretty awesome*.

*for a Ford.
    You know her dude. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...ANY mainstream brand is below her.

I'm STILL trying to get her to AT LEAST take a Acadia Denali for a test run!

You know her dude. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...ANY mainstream brand is below her.

I was really close to getting an Acadia Denali before we ended up with the Palisade. Both are very nice.. Acadia is noticeably cheaper though

I feel your pain.. although I enjoyed her taste for high end vehicles. She finely decided the expense was not worth it.. The Hyundai has all the bells and whistles she's looking for and its not a bad looking ride. it also drives ok for a small SUV. but you can tell its of lower quality, not bad but you do get what you pay for.. the funny thing is she asked me to start looking for a replacement this morning.. because her daughter just picked up a Volvo CX40R ....

Last edited by MUZ720; 02-24-21 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post

*for a Ford.
    We are replacing the current '16 Explorer sport with one.

First dealer wanted MSRP for the '21 ST and then give us low book for the sport, not a great deal

Second dealer seemed to be doing okay on price.... Then just before we go down to get it, it comes up that it is a demo with......OVER 3,000 MILES ON IT.

So we are looking again....

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I feel your pain.. although I enjoyed her taste for high end vehicles. She finely decided the expense was not worth it.. The Hyundai has all the bells and whistles she's looking for and its not a bad looking ride. it also drives ok for a small SUV. but you can tell its of lower quality, not bad but you do get what you pay for.. the funny thing is she asked me to start looking for a replacement this morning.. because her daughter just picked up a Volvo CX40R ....

The biggest turn-off with the Hyundai is even the dealership had no interest in a trade. At the time they said the resale value was too low on used Hyundais. We were floored to say the least. She ended up getting a decent trade that time towards, wait for it...the Volvo she ended up getting.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    We are replacing the current '16 Explorer sport with one.

First dealer wanted MSRP for the '21 ST and then give us low book for the sport, not a great deal

Second dealer seemed to be doing okay on price.... Then just before we go down to get it, it comes up that it is a demo with......OVER 3,000 MILES ON IT.

So we are looking again....
    I have a '16 Sport and a '21 ST and while I still really love the Sport, the ST is in a different league.

-Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

I like that there's a bit of eurosnobbery in your family...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I like that there's a bit of eurosnobbery in your family...
    I'd like to laugh at this. But I don't get it.

The biggest turn-off with the Hyundai is even the dealership had no interest in a trade. At the time they said the resale value was too low on used Hyundais. We were floored to say the least. She ended up getting a decent trade that time towards, wait for it...the Volvo she ended up getting.
    The worst part about buying (well, leasing) the Palisade was certainly the dealer experience. It was bad enough that Mrs number9 wrote a letter to the dealer principal and complained -- it was just shit.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast