Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

MASS RMV Title Division

MASS RMV Title Division

Without going into the gory details, be sure to check any title you recieve, every aspect, spell out the names outloud, check the VIN and mileage thrice. If they fuck up, they will do very little in expediting the fix of the title, even if your new truck has been sitting on a lot for two weeks paid for just waiting to get the correct title for your trade. And if they ask for your phone number to call you back, give them any number, they aren't calling. Same goes for emails, they aren't sending one, ever. That is all, happy Friday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Re: MASS RMV Title Division

Sounds like quite the clusterfuck.

Sorry man.

Welcome to MA..................glad i left

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

We had a loan on a company car. Went to pay it off before we traded it in: bank couldn’t find the title. Turns out they never sent it. Took a week or so.

Just went to the RMV with a trailer built in 1971, in Canada. Heads exploded. But the owner filled out the registration transfer wrong, in the end I had to send him an affidavit to fix it. Can’t really blame them for that one.

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

I've had multiple run-ins and errors with the title div. They aren't accurate and their record keeping is limited at best. This one though is driving me freakin' nuts. I'm stuck between a dealership wanting to close out the deal, and the title div that isn't interested in helping me out. All I need from them is an email stating they are correcting the issue and the new title will be issued. The dealership would take that as it being corrected and I can take delivery and send them the title when it comes in. Do you think they can do that?? It's extremely tiring.

MA RMV entered too many 0's for mileage on one of my motorcycles then wanted me to pay to fix it. When I moved states it got corrected but I wonder if it will show up on a carfax report (do bikes have those?) as incorrect odometer - Not that I'm concerned.

Exactly what they did to me. Don't think my old truck would get to 500,000 miles.

Lifer

Ive walked away from plenty of deals for simple mistakes like a stray mark on the title or even messy handwriting. Last thing in the world i want is to try to get a title corrected at the dmv.

Hit or miss. I bought a 1981 bike with a Connecticut registration that was expired over a year, and no title, just a signature on the back of the reg where it belonged. Brought it to the Worcester RMV, they took it and ticked away at the computer a minute or two. I walked away with a valid registration and 3 weeks later a shiny new MA title for the bike showed up in the mail. No drama.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

I'm now going on two weeks of this ordeal. My new (to me) truck is sitting in a car lot while I wait for the RMV to figure out how to fix a title. I'm on the border of losing my deposit due to time lapse. I can't believe they will not even send me an email stating they are working on a resolution. I've tried to escalate the ordeal up the food chain there and they will not transfer me up, and I know better than "give us your phone number and someone will call you right back" routine.

I just got off the phone with the title dept., again. They never printed or sent the title. They confused it with someone else's and thought it was already complete. The are "expediting" it now, whatever the fuck that means. Two weeks passed, umpteen phone calls, 742 ya-yas, and zero returned calls. If they had just paid attention last week, when I tried to tell them they had me confused with some other poor soul, this would have been resolved now. I'm not even going to get into the conversation I had concerning the correct mileage, it actually brought a sad tear to my eye. And because of that, I am not convinced the title will be correct when I do recieve it.