Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mayan Riviera?

Question Mayan Riviera?

Looking for info on places to stay. Been looking for a couple of days and can't decide. Looking at the all-inclusives, Occidental looks nice but just can't make up our minds.

Any help would be great

Jamie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Mayan Riviera?

We went there for our honeymoon, stayed on Playa Del Carmen. It was called the Viva Windham Maya, and its sister location (down the street) is the Viva Windham Azteca. Both were nice resorts, but the best part was that it was inexpensive AND you get to use the facilities at both resorts. We found out that nice perk at the end of our trip. If you're looking for hot nightlife, the Playa probably isn't your place, but it is nice and quiet and beautiful, and cheaper than some of the other areas. Oh,a nd all-inclusive

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

yeah, what she said, I can upload some pics we have from our trip if you want.

Lisa and I spent a great week there by avoiding the all inclusives and just traveling from spot to spot. Isla de las mujeres is great, Cozumel is great, Tulum is fantastic. Definitely go for a swim in front of the ruins! We stayed in some really cool circular, thatch roofed cabanas near there with lots of topless euros. That was nice. I don't remember any names, so I know this wasn't helpful.

To me, the all inclusives really limit your options!

Paul_E_D

What a coincidence, I am looking to take the wife to a resort in Feb!

I was looking at places called Temptation and El Dorado Royal. Loooking at a week for about $2300 plus air fare.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What a coincidence, I am looking to take the wife to a resort in Feb!

I was looking at places called Temptation and El Dorado Royal. Loooking at a week for about $2300 plus air fare.
    We are finding all inclusive prices with airfares in the low 2k range to mid 3's, without the extras like the zip line, atv or horseback rides. I think we are leaning towards the Occidental x'caret, which includes tickets to the xcaret eco-park next door. When are thinking of going, we are looking towards the end of February.

Paul,

We were thinking of doing the hit a few spots as my wife has done a lot of traveling but she really wants to take it easy this round and spend some quality time together relaxing. I do think a day trip to Cozumel is in order as well as some of the above tours.

Jamie

I didn't feel limited by the all inclusive at all, we went on day trips and still had plenty of time to do the relaxing and drinking and such at night and if we had a day to relax we could and not worry about finding a place to do it.

Some of the on-line travel agents have some good deals (Travel Zoo is one that comes to mind). They buy large numbers of "rooms" over a set period of weeks. I've seen all-exclusives for under $600/wk including air-fare.

The deal is that when it gets close to their set period of time, anything not sold is lost, so they virtually give them away compared to what they normally go for.

Look into the Iberostar Parasio LIndo or Maya. I have never heard a bad thing about the place and the service was top notch. Food was excellent with plenty of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by skiierx View Post
    We are finding all inclusive prices with airfares in the low 2k range to mid 3's, without the extras like the zip line, atv or horseback rides. I think we are leaning towards the Occidental x'caret, which includes tickets to the xcaret eco-park next door. When are thinking of going, we are looking towards the end of February.

Paul,

We were thinking of doing the hit a few spots as my wife has done a lot of traveling but she really wants to take it easy this round and spend some quality time together relaxing. I do think a day trip to Cozumel is in order as well as some of the above tours.

Jamie
    We are most likely gonna go down Valentines day week.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X