Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mayweather/McGregor

Re: Mayweather/McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Personal opinion. There has not been a top professional sporting event that wasn't staged in the last 20 years.
    Including MotoGP? WSBK? F1?

Tennis? MMA? Super Bowls? All of it??

Lebron didn't get another ring, somebody must have gone off script..

I'm not saying it never happens, but all of them for the last 20? What changed 20 years ago?

I'll agree that the WWF is fake as fuck, but most 8 year olds know that (amazing how many adults actually take offense to that!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yes. IMO NFL MBA F1 GP and anything else that it's revenue is based on viewers, exposure and drama is corrupt and set up as hell.
    Roughly 20 years ago what changed is the ability to reach more viewers. As years progressed drama sells more than athletism. Maybe that was the case before. Idk. But I believe it's way worse in the last 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Yes. IMO NFL MBA F1 GP and anything else that it's revenue is based on viewers, exposure and drama is corrupt and set up as hell.
    Roughly 20 years ago what changed is the ability to reach more viewers. As years progressed drama sells more than athletism. Maybe that was the case before. Idk. But I believe it's way worse in the last 5-10 years.
    Ok, I understand where you're coming from. I don't agree, but I acknowledge some level of corruption is possible, likely in isolated instances, and proven to have happened in the past.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Too much money too many powers involved. It's a good conversation for sure. Thank you for respecting the dialogue and my opinion. It's mutual

Mayweather/McGregor

The moment the proven information is leaked about the sporting event being staged that sport is dead. It will become a caricature like the wwe. Too much money involved to risk that. Your post above mine contradicts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Probably won't watch this. I'll just read the headline about how Mayweather countered his way to another decision. Snoozefest.
    Pretty much.

Not sure how I'd feel about being labeled the "best defensive fighter ever".

I think Sav is overstating "staged", but if you honestly believe results arent influenced in a way, youre out of your mind. The NFL/NBA assign refs based on who they want to win (if the home team needs to win, assign a new ref that will err to the side of giving them calls, and vice versa), heck in racing, team orders can absolutely play a part, and that is blatant staging results. Its definitely not like the WWF where we know who will win after, but its not always just about the 2 teams on the field.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Macgregor has tremendous timing. If you watch his knock outs, its because he is very good at timing his punch. He does have knock out power. If he uses his head and hopes for a mistake or a counter attack, he has a chance. Mayweather doesn't make many mistakes and I know that but never count Macgregor out. He is a very skilled fighter.

Steven

Hypertarded

The entertainment starts 7/11, I'm betting the pressers will be more entertaining than the fight the way these two throw language:

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor full world tour schedule announced - MMA Fighting

NSFW***NSFW*** due to the FOOKIN language you bunch a mutha fookas****NSFW**** but funny as hell, so watch at home

also NSFW, language, also funny as FOOK

LMAO at these clips. The hype tour IS likely to be better than the fight. And free!

so just watch the reddit stream links?

watched some of mayweather stuff...dang that guy is ridiculously fast...hooks come out of nowhere...and he finds the rhythm of his opponent and times his hits nearly perfectly.

watched McGregor stuff - his "boxing footage" on youtube is amateur...his ufc fighting punches (left) are okay, but not sure how it holds up in boxing technique. He drops his hands a lot and boxing is big on stance/guarding yourself.

Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-26-17 at 10:50 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    so just watch the reddit stream links?

cough,cough,acestream,cough,cough app been very very good to me for last 12-15 PPV events.

Yeah the speed diff is astronomical, I know some think McNuggets unorthodox style will throw Mayweather off but I don't see it. The other aspect that drives me crazy is all the McNuggets fans act like EVERY left he throws is a K.O. He went 8 rounds with Diaz, landed plenty of punches, lost the 1st fight and barely ekked out a decision in the 2nd. and Diaz is a slow/plodding white dude with next to NO defense.

Not a fan of either, so just hope it's entertaining, love to see one of them hit the canvas. Or McNuggets lose his mind and throw an elbow/kick

I think it goes the distance with Mayweather winning the decision UNLESS Conor gets bored and tries to push the pace, then I think Mayweather KOs him.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I think it goes the distance with Mayweather winning the decision UNLESS Conor gets bored and tries to push the pace, then I think Mayweather KOs him.
    I put 0% of a KO on this fight.

Are there any streaming links safe enough to use without a VPN? Im guessing not.

Zip Tie Alley #505

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

im also looking for a place to stream for free. let me know if you find something.

Theres some spanish ones on youtube, I don't know if they're legit or not though. Probably will cut out at the start or something.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Main Thread: Mayweather vs McGregor : BoxingStreams

the *cough*cough* suggestion in VLC is HD/no clipping smooth on android

all the other links suck balls...1 second of video, 15 mins of buffering...tons of ads

Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-26-17 at 09:30 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I actually dislike McGregor more than Mayweather...but my dislike for both is really really close. I'm concerned that the whole thing is going to be staged. Can they give incentives to the fighters for the fight going more rounds just like they do for knockouts? On paper, Mayweather should win this hands down. If the fight is anything less than a calculated, dominating performance by Mayweather, then I think it is safe to say it was staged. Perhaps a slight chance that McGregor could like a lucky shot, but Mayweather has never lost a fight to the best boxers in the world. I haven't watched any boxing, but I would have to guess that at some point his boxing opponents (the best boxers in the world) have slipped a haymaker by and it didn't knock him down. I don't know why McGregor's punch would.
    Serious question... Floyd hits women... What about McGregor makes you dislike him more?

cutting out a bit now...not sure if it's me or not

instagram @veshlife

portuguese content ID smooth for now...

reddit post said if it cuts out, pause it, and it will just a few extra seconds behind real time but smoother play

Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-26-17 at 10:25 PM.
    instagram @veshlife

i think i got a working link, i got davis and fonseca fighting now.

HBO Boxing Live Stream | Mayweather vs McGregor Showtime | Sportival

The first one is a good solid stream, at least for me. I'm sure ill end up with either a cease and desist from the ISP or a virus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast