Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any Mazda CX-5 / 9 owners here?

Re: Any Mazda CX-5 / 9 owners here?

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Looks like you made the right call.... There won't be a Mazdaspeed 3.
    I wasn't really insinuating that I wanted another ~260HP Mazdaspeed 3. My GTI has more than enough power at 220HP, the 263HP of my previous 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 was fun but really unnecessary.

But I do feel like the fact that the biggest engine in the past 2 generations of the Mazda 3 was limited to 180HP was pretty weak and left a lot to be desired. They need something more powerful to compete with other "decently quick" cars in the segment. They don't have to go all out bonkers, though.

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    I wasn't really insinuating that I wanted another ~260HP Mazdaspeed 3. My GTI has more than enough power at 220HP, the 263HP of my previous 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 was fun but really unnecessary.

But I do feel like the fact that the biggest engine in the past 2 generations of the Mazda 3 was limited to 180HP was pretty weak and left a lot to be desired. They need something more powerful to compete with other "decently quick" cars in the segment. They don't have to go all out bonkers, though.
    I just think they are not going for that market. I don’t disagree with you I’m just saying I think mazda doesn’t see the value in that.

0 Not allowed!

My only complaint of my 2008 Mazda 6 V6 was that it was down on power relative to other cars in the segment. Mazda has always made cars with excellent driving dynamics but save for the Speed cars, they've always been anemic when it comes to power. After I poached a deer with my Mazda, I really wanted to get another one but the new turbo wasn't available yet and the NA engines all made less power than my 10 year old model.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by ZX-12R; 11-30-18 at 09:56 AM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Well only a day later and I'll have to eat my words.

2019 Mazda3 engine, suspension, AWD details - Autoblog

2.5L engine remains basically the same, with Skyactiv-X to follow later in the year with essentially the same power figures. Right now those are slated to be the only two engines available in NA. So much for a quick Mazda 3, glad I didn't wait.

On the upside, AWD will be an option, potentially available with a stick as well!

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

i do miss my '10 mazda3S GT hatch. it was a solid fucking car. i was not kind to it for those 97k miles and it never had a hiccup.

as for the OP's post, basically if you need a big three row suv and you enjoy driving just buy the mazda. end thread.

incoming rant:
    i hate most of these new turbo engines. they have these tiny ass turbos that are tuned to get max torque just off idle and they fall on their fucking face in the upper ranges. I get the reasoning behind it and the masses that are buying this car will never know, but as a car guy, that shit fucking sucks.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12