Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Truck Tires

Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Truck Tires

Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Truck Tires-screen-shot-2019-08-30-a

With tax and new member card it comes to $830. It is a new tire to the market. A lot cheaper than tirera ck.com Going on a two wheel drive diesel F350 that often carries a slide in camper. Going to travel to Utah and spend the winter in the mountains. I have new chains. Opinions?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 08-30-19 at 02:15 PM.
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Re: Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Truck Tires

I would only use them in the winter. Warm pavement will most likely eat them up.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I would only use them in the winter. Warm pavement will most likely eat them up.
    Looks like they are just basic all seasons.

At $830 you are close to the price of BFG all terrain ko2. I think I spent $1100 on mine and they are LT rated of course and I have around a 34inch tire on the stock 18s on my F150 (My trim F150 was equipped with LT tires stock)

0 Not allowed!

They look good to me. Might try them on my van next. KO2s just get too damned loud after a few k miles.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    They look good to me. Might try them on my van next. KO2s just get too damned loud after a few k miles.
    They make a LT and a C Metric. The C Metric seems to be designed for those popular Euro type vans. I made the purchase yesterday. BJ's ordered them. I will put up a report.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

I'd check to see if that weight rating is on the LT or C metric version. If it's on the LTs they sound like a good upgrade for Class C RVs...

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by cdseven95 View Post
    Looks like they are just basic all seasons.

At $830 you are close to the price of BFG all terrain ko2. I think I spent $1100 on mine and they are LT rated of course and I have around a 34inch tire on the stock 18s on my F150 (My trim F150 was equipped with LT tires stock)
    Anytime I hear "good wet and cold" traction, I think high silicon amount making the tire soft. But the standard (non-com) ones have a 600UTG rating, so they must be set up to wear well.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Anytime I hear "good wet and cold" traction, I think high silicon amount making the tire soft. But the standard (non-com) ones have a 600UTG rating, so they must be set up to wear well.
    "Good" is a relative term

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

My RV has BFGoodridge Commercial TAs mostly, save for one Commercial Traction (M&S rated version) and it doesn't seem to wear noticeably different from the non M&S units.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    My RV has BFGoodridge Commercial TAs mostly, save for one Commercial Traction (M&S rated version) and it doesn't seem to wear noticeably different from the non M&S units.
    it's the snowflake and mountain symbol you want to look for, M&S is meaningless, there is no standard in the industry for imprinting it on a tire

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Posting Freak

These do have the 3-peak snowflake designation. they are true all-weather, not all season tires. I had them on the rental Citroen van in Europe (spacetourer) and they handled well in dry, wet and hot weather. I was in Europe in August so can't comment on winter performance. The car equivalent crossclimate michelin is tested in tirerack and got good reviews. Seems like a good compromise for those who don't want to switch tires twice a year.

1 Not allowed!
    Street Triple R, Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

Took off the Firestone Transforce AT and and installed the new Michelins. Loving them so far. Handling seems grippier. On the old tires I was running 50 PSI except when towing. Michelin recommends 70 front and 80 rear so that is what I am running and the ride feels softer. Less harsh. Odd. Defies logic. In 5 weeks I will be taking a long highway trip followed by a harsh winter. Liking them very much so far. . . . The guy mounting put his jack under my body and starting jacking but I caught him in time. He chipped the paint and bent sheet metal underneath but oh well. Truck couldn't get lifted on a typical lift because of camper tie downs.

0 Not allowed!

4000 miles now. I traveled to Utah. No issues on the highway. I felt them a few times and they run cool while carrying a Lance slide in camper loaded. Then I went on a trip to the 5 big national parks. I did go on ice and they pulled uphill. I went in about 6 inches of snow out on the highway in very blizzard conditions. The tires were perfect. I am totally satisfied and recommend them. The only thing left to evaluate is how long they last. No visual wear yet.

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    it's the snowflake and mountain symbol you want to look for, M&S is meaningless, there is no standard in the industry for imprinting it on a tire
    There is actually a standard (25% open tread) but it’s not a performance standard.

Most K02’s have the Severe Snow rating.

There are two CC users on the Sprinter forum. One says OK in snow, lousy on ice. Other didn’t use them in snow.

0 Not allowed!