Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Montreal F1

Montreal F1

The lovely lady and I were thinking about going to the Montreal F1 this coming June and I was wondering if anyone knew of a better way to get tickets. Carla has been finding 3 day passes for roughly 400-500. I'd be happier with a 1 day for less rape.

Any info would be great so post up!

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Re: Montreal F1

Go for one day then scalp your ticket stub.

0 Not allowed!

We want to go for Sunday.

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex

I may go for the weekend, is it really that much for crappy tickets?

0 Not allowed!
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

97' Ducati 900SS

I think that's for pretty alright tickets, but I'm not sure. She'll probably post up when she she's this.

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex

Attachment 18626

so there's seats for 505 for three days, these are in the A and B locations, the C, D, and E locations are 410 for the three days, and F and G are so expensive I won't bother with pricing it.
    http://www.gptours.com/index.php?com...ckets&which=f1 this is the link for the ticket info. The A and B deals seem the best, but I wouldn't mind getting in that corner either.... hotel info is next to see if it's even close to being in my budget for this year

0 Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

Hotels are priced for the race too, some are cheap out there, found a room w/ two doubles for $500 for thursday to monday, but it's not too pretty at all.... going to continue the search!

0 Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

1500 plus gas and food... Eeeeeeeeeeeegad.

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    1500 plus gas and food... Eeeeeeeeeeeegad.
    it's less than punta cana......

0 Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex

0 Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

Listen, I'm picking tropics in the dead of winter over Canada in the summer any day. Plus you in a bikini all day for a week is a kick ass bonus. :-)

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex

Listen, I'm picking tropics in the dead of winter over Canada in the summer any day. Plus you in a bikini all day for a week is a kick ass bonus. :-)
    well if I could do both I would. damn it I want to. maybe next year that'll be the big vaca.........

0 Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

A suggestion...you could look for a cottage to rent in Mont-Tremblant or Mont St-Sauveur (google it). You will not be far from the races and if other people go with you, you split the cost fo the rental. A few years ago a small gang from NESR went to a motorcycle trip to Mont Tremblant. Renting a chalet was less than $100/night per couple (less than $50/night per person), if I remember right. Much less than any room you will find next to the races. Cozy and so much more comfortable than any hotel room. We had a full kitchen, dining area, living room with small fireplace, ingroud pool (secluded in the backyard for complete privacy), 3 bedrooms, etc. plus you have lakes, ski resort with shopping sport boutiques and cool restaurants (it's fun in the summer too), etc.

Keep in mind that rates are different for summer and winter season in these areas. Usually more expensive in winter, as these places are very popular ski resorts.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MissTwisties; 01-11-10 at 10:07 PM.
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

We are going this year after a 2 year hiatus. We stayed out near St Richelieu.(sp). Same hotel for 5 years. About 35 minutes to the track.

We sit in Turn 6. Great seats plus you get the big TV screen right there. With everything, the weekend is about a grand for a real nice 4 day vacation.

Drive up Thursday on Rt.100. Cross over in Canada near Newport. Three days at the track, and drive home Sunday night by 89-91.

Only downside is the hike from the train station to the track. And each year it seems to be 100 degrees out.

V8's at 20K RPM = AWESOME!

0 Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

I would love to go, and started making plans to in 08... then realized it was going to be cheaper to buy 3 day passes to the Indy MotoGP race and the flattrack, fly out there, rent a car, and hotel, and fly home.

Of course that was the year Ike came through mid race. Oh well haha.

0 Not allowed!

I'm going with a friend and my brother in June. As of now we are planning on riding up Friday and coming back on Monday. Looking for scenic route suggestions leaving from Boston, MA so we're not on the highway the whole time. We won't be riding around once we get to Montreal. Searching NESR I found the following:

• Drive up RT 100, cross over in Canada near Newport.

• VT 102 is super-scenic and takes you to Canada. The crossing is at Canaan VT I think, VT 114.

• 112 to 118
      118 to 25, onto 25c/25
      Picked up 302 off 25 into Barre VT
      slab ride up 89 through Burlington
      Picked up route 2 through the islands of Lake Champlain
      Bang a left in Alburg, into NY
      Picked up 15 at the border and highway into downtown Montreal

I also found this thread from 2008 which has me a little nervous about theft. Warning about Montreal. I found this article from 2016 listing the top 10 spots where cars were stolen in Montreal Where not to park: Top ten hotspots for car theft in Montreal | CTV News Montreal. So we will not being staying at any of the hotels around there. Right now the plan is to use a few different locks and chain it them to a fixed object if possible. If not possible then we might try to chain the 3 motorcycles together so it's at least harder to throw them into a van. If the thieves want it they'll get it, just got to make it a huge PITA for them.

0 Not allowed!
    I have a spare set of EX-500 wheels with rains I'm trying to sell. Send me a PM if interested or do a search in for sale section.

Hypertarded

Spoiler alert, Hamilton wins, Bottas 2nd

this season has been less than competitive so far.....

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

I've never had a problem with theft in Montreal and I go there a lot. I bought another house just so I could be closer to there I was going to frequently. If your worried about street parking just put the bikes in an underground car park. The city is littered with them.

I've been to a few of the f1 races and they are a circus but fun. If your just going to see f1 it's usually cheaper to fly to like Spain or the UK and see it there. Montreal really cranks up the prices. Monaco is the only one that I can think of that is more money that I have been to. I haven't been this year so things maybe different but I don't think so.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Spoiler alert, Hamilton wins, Bottas 2nd

this season has been less than competitive so far.....
    It's always Mercedes 1-2 but it should be cool to see it person. Although nothing like the non-hybrid era I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I've never had a problem with theft in Montreal and I go there a lot. I bought another house just so I could be closer to there I was going to frequently. If your worried about street parking just put the bikes in an underground car park. The city is littered with them.

I've been to a few of the f1 races and they are a circus but fun. If your just going to see f1 it's usually cheaper to fly to like Spain or the UK and see it there. Montreal really cranks up the prices. Monaco is the only one that I can think of that is more money that I have been to. I haven't been this year so things maybe different but I don't think so.
    That's good to hear in regards to the theft. I'd almost rather take my car up so I could bring a cooler and some other things, as I'm pretty sure they let you bring outside food/drink in. I think my tail-bag converts into a sort of backpack, so that'll probably suffice.

0 Not allowed!
    I have a spare set of EX-500 wheels with rains I'm trying to sell. Send me a PM if interested or do a search in for sale section.