Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Which MP3 player

Which MP3 player

Which MP3 player do I want to purchase. Something small for running, skiing, and biking but able to hold a large mount of mp3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~ FTrain

Which MP3 player

And for under $200.00?

I need one for a christmas present!

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Everybody to the limit!

Which MP3 player

I enjoyed my rio carbon. Small (about half the thickness and 2/3 the height of an ipod mini), sleek looking with a strong metal case and sturdy, intuitive buttons. Nice backlight, good battery life (16 hours on a charge of the internal li battery), and it held what I considered to be an enormous amount of mp3s (5gb, bear in mind I'm used to the old days where 192mb of mp3 storage was considered luxurious, not this 30gb ipod carry-around-every-song-you've-ever-considered-listening-to-but-don't crap). MSRP of $250 but if you poke around the net you should be able to find one for 200 no problem, I did and that was several months ago.

Only issue I had was with the metal shell, it is weakly grounded so if you plug a pair of headphones in with a metal base (my er4p's are like this) you end up with a ground loop and get pops and clicks. This can easily be solved with a small piece of tape over the headphone jack, but it's a pretty obvious design flaw and I'm a bit disappointed they didn't catch it before releasing the device.

Mine is, regrettably, in pieces now; I took it apart and sold the 5gb seagate microdrive inside with the intent of replacing it with a 1gb solid state drive to increase durability and battery life (and also because at the time the 5gb microdrives were selling on ebay for more than the player cost) but unlike the muvo this player as of yet does not work properly with solid state compact flash. I'm still hoping someone figures out why and releases a firmware update, but for now, I have a shiny piece of junk. Might buy another one if I can't figure out how to use CF in it, I really liked this player