MSF Course results

MSF Course results

Ok i officially can *legally* drive out of the state now. hehehe. So the course was really good. I have learned/picked up a lot of the stuff they taught us in my past year of riding, but only subliminally. To actually hear things presented in completion is much more useful. It was quite excellent to have Drill Sargent Bob tell us about defense drivign and street strategies too, that guy could scare a tick off a dog's ass, but he made a lot of sense and presented some very good ideas for defensive techniques.

I tell you what i learned a ton about... is turning. and i dont think i would have apreciated/learned as much about turning if i didn't have a year of riding already under my belt. I am pretty sure i wont be making corrections through turns now and i trust a lot of my perceptions more than i ever would have on my own.
    There were some people there that had never even sat on a bike before and i am sure they learned enough to not kill themselves, but some of them are going to be subject to Darwinism real soon. (this one older guy dropped four different bikes over the course of two days of riding practice)

Anyways, i want to get out there now and try some of the low speed excercises on my 600 rather than on their little bitch bikes and see how much easier it is now.

Yesterday was by far the most miserable riding conditions i could have ever imagined. The excercises and practice were good so i stuck with it... but how bout a little recap...
    show up at 6:30 A.M.!!!!! hung over like a son of a bitch.. then ride whiny little 250's real slow...
    oooh stop the parking lot i wanna get off!!!!
    But i took some hangover candy on my way out the door in the a.m. and started feeling better after a bit... i had the tourmaster cortech riding gear.. supposed to be water proof adn warm.. and it was for about 2 hours. then it just kept seeping in everywhere... and the rain just kept pounding and it was cold and we were just sitting there a lot... and yea, i do like whining.

It was good to practice riding and braking in the rain, i have been pretty shy about doing anything in poor weather so far. and with teh closed track i got to push things a bit to find the limits.

oh yea.. rain ruins leather racing gloves too.

any questions?

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Mrs. Frankenstein

MSF Course results

Glad you had a good time even though u got rained on! It rained during my msf class last yr too - but luckily we were inside doing the classroom stuff and the other class had to ride in the rain hehehe.
    So you didn't do anything goofy that made the instructors laugh? I'm so disapointed Brent I was hoping for a funny story lol...
    Which guy was Bob - I don't remember the guys names that I had... The president or owner(?) of Ironstone ventures was at mine and a tall skinny guy - both incredibly nice though!!!

0 Not allowed!

MSF Course results

oh you want stories too... well i did get yelled at a few times for being too fast. they were impressed that i could get the 250's to scrape the pegs in the turning excersises, but they were kinda upset too cause they didn't want me being a bad influence on the other beginners. i was nominated the offical "Racer" of the course. And they frowned when i asked if they would teach us how to do Wheelies safely so i could ride by the elementary schools and impress the youngins!

hmmm... what else, we had Joe, the owner, for friday night, but this other guy.. the drill sargeant just got back from Bosnia.. and man he was right outta Full Metal Jacket. He seemed to be a retired tough guy of sorts. He had all kinds of stories about motorists doing stupid things while he was on his bike.. and trying to pull them over (while he was on his bike) to have fist fights and things.

i wasn't on top of my game yesterday for entertainment, the hangover stuff makes the "funnny" part of the brain slow and cloudy.. i guess you could say i was suffering from a case of the "Stupids"

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Mrs. Frankenstein

MSF Course results

Haha woohoo!!! Someone else got yelled at finally - I was waiting for that! I was the speedy one of my class - constantly getting told to slow down while at the same time they were laughing - I guess I just have a problem following instructions sometimes ... 15-20 mph turns into 30 or more and u get yelled at pfff lol oh well!
    Joe's cool shit! Did you guys get to talk much?

0 Not allowed!