Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mtn bike....... anyone got some insight for my next one

Re: Mtn bike....... anyone got some insight for my next one

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    any feedback onthe Kona lines??
    https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountai...rocess-153-29/
    This caught my eye.. saw one on pinkbike.
    The Process 153 is an enduro bike, heavier than a trail bike; long, low, slack. Process 134 is the droid you're looking for.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Devinci Django, Trek Fuel EX8 or 9.whatever.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

looking at this puppy tomorrow

is a womens M the same as a Male M?
    online i'm getting different info
    I"m thinking i might pass

thoughts?
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...41058887146271
    2020 Specialize Stump Jumper
    aluminum
    29 inch size medium
    Fox 34 shocks
    Front fender
    Upgraded grips
    Bike post seat that is adjustable with a push of a button
    Hardy used
    Brand new $3200 asking $2200
    I will reject all low ball offers
    No trades
    Must pickup in Pelham

Last edited by black; Yesterday at 08:18 PM.
    hmmmm......

Lifer

I don't think that's a women's frame. Occasionally bike brands offer a couple frames specific to women, but most are gender-ambiguous and/or default men's. If it's a women's frame, then you'll need the bike's size chart or geo chart to know if their medium is the same or close.

Pretty sure this is it:
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...ext=93319-5202
    A 2020 - and I don't think Specialized has any women-specific frames in the line up this year. They have in the past though.

Is it just the sizing that's got you thinking about passing on it? Because this seems like what you were looking for.

nedirtriders.com

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I don't think that's a women's frame. Occasionally bike brands offer a couple frames specific to women, but most are gender-ambiguous and/or default men's. If it's a women's frame, then you'll need the bike's size chart or geo chart to know if their medium is the same or close.

Pretty sure this is it:
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...ext=93319-5202
    A 2020 - and I don't think Specialized has any women-specific frames in the line up this year. They have in the past though.

Is it just the sizing that's got you thinking about passing on it? Because this seems like what you were looking for.
    I saw a reddit thread saying a W frame would be fine for a lighter guy but valving adjustment would be neeeded for um a heavier guy

Gal just wrote back, selling for husband. So its on

Seems like a good deal. only 20min from me.

Anything to wathc out for? smooth shifts, no squeking in the rear suspension, smooth fork rebound, no leaking seals
    I expect it needing a tune up etc....depening on hard its ridden but its seems from her profile etc....nothing too crazy.

hmmmm......

Lifer

I saw a reddit thread saying a W frame would be fine for a lighter guy but valving adjustment would be neeeded for um a heavier guy
    Ah, I suppose that's possibly true although I'd be surprised if it was a big difference unless the sizings aren't close to each other.
    Anything to wathc out for? smooth shifts, no squeking in the rear suspension, smooth fork rebound, no leaking seals
    I expect it needing a tune up etc....depening on hard its ridden but its seems from her profile etc....nothing too crazy.
    For mileage, look for pedal strikes, crank strikes, wear marks on the lower rear triangle / crank from the shoe rubbing on it, crank teeth and rear tire wear. From what I can see, that bike's had very little and light use.

I'd expect it to ride like new. If anything, maybe a little dirt gritting up the RD, or the cable has stretched a bit. Usually a half turn of the barrel adjuster at the shifter will cure it.

If those still have press-fit bottom brackets, they were infamous for creaking. Be sure to stand up and mash, put a little lateral load in too. Don't worry about the spongy lever feel - that's a SRAM factory feature. Check if the rear wheel's way out of true by watching it relative to the chainstay. It's air shocks on both ends, so they don't usually get leaky seals the way a spring-based motorcycle fork will. Shouldn't be a problem this 'young' anyway. Run your finger on the stanchion to feel for nicks though as they matter more with air. Spin the pedals backwards and feel/listen for signs of a failing freehub.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12