MXZ 700, gear and stuff

iTrader Score

MXZ 700, gear and stuff

Never had a sled before, she's old but clean and plenty fast for me, supposedly gets decent mpg.

Any clever ideas on hauling gear for day trips or possible overnights? Overkill scenario would be a 70L Hyperlite pack, tools/straps, snowshoes, maybe a gun case (AR-style).

Anyone familiar with the MXZ I'm open to advice on setup - just looking to ride mostly groomed trails, decent mpg/handling but still fecking tear it up a little bit. Pretty much stock sled right now.

1 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

iTrader Score

Re: MXZ 700, gear and stuff

Nice looking sled. Congrats!
    I rode a ZX chassis 800 for several years.
    MXZ 700, gear and stuff-img_5906-jpg
    I'm guessing the seller told you it gets good mpg, lol. You'll average about 12.
    A backpack should be just fine for your gear if you're simply trailriding...it's worked fine for us on short local rides and overnighters deep into Canada.
    If only we could have last week's arctic temps and another dumping of snow...soon!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Thanks! Nice 800. Haha, actually I was reading about mileage on Hardcore Sledder. 12mpg does sound more realistic. Got it on trade along with heated helmet, well cared-for. Took some serious convincing with the wife, and she still insists I'm not allowed on the lake.

If this rain freezes up and we see more powder soon I'll be VERY happy.

Got a YuTrax extra long tri-fold ramp at Cabelas and added 3 x 1/4" plywood sections to load in the truck. Hopefully just enough to do the job. The included straps are pretty weak for securing the ramp to the tailgate so I'll probably chuck those and use real ratchet straps. Should work good for the bikes too.

2 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

iTrader Score

Sound advice from your wife.
    In all seriousness, be sure to know the lake's ice thickness. Some areas can be 12"+ while another spot can be open water.
    Tragically, several sledders went through the ice during last year's fishing derby. Two dead, one missing after falling through ice in Lake Winnipesaukee

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Scary stuff. I’ll be sticking to the trails for now.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

MXZ 700, gear and stuff-01212_cserwj6nycd_600x450-jpg
    My toy.

Not much of a spot to put a bag on those but if going overnight u may want to drag an old sledding sled or just a backpack. This warm weather and rain killed a ton of local places (Not that there are a ton) I was going to hit The trails near Raymond/Epping NH today but we know how that went. Where r u loc?

2 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Nice! Like the gear setup too. I can fit my full winter overnight kit in my hyperlite pack, but might want to do some extra tools/fuel/snowshoes/etc so I’ll have to experiment a bit.

I’m in Falmouth right outside Portland Maine. Yeah we lost almost all our snow cover last night and today.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350