Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nasty NH MTB Trails?

Re: Nasty NH MTB Trails?

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    so when?

I'm down
    If it's dry when I leave the house tomorrow morning I'll be there by 530

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

ok.. 5:30

am?

0 Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

ok.. 5:30

am?
    LoL!!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Sounds eerily similar. I was pretty much incapacitated for most of the winter. I couldn't ride the snow machines, could only plow standing up on the wheeler, was unable to use the snowblower, couldn't get the bobhouse out, and did ZERO ice fishing this winter. I needed a cane just to get to work. I knew something was dreadfully wrong, so after a three years hiatus I finally saw a doctor. Once we got my "call 911" blood pressure under control (+/- 215/120), we also went to work on a massive dietary overhaul (watch the damn purine, sodium, sugar, fructose, etc.). All that and two knee drains has me to the point where I can get on the MB again. I can't fuckin' wait to start hammering that thing again!
    Wow, really similar. He couldn't touch sugar, wheat, corn, 99% of food in general and was barely walking. Few years later he occasionally cheats on sugar but usually pays the price. Hang in there brother!

I can't do anything BUT flats. I've tried the clipless, I just couldn't set in with them. I got a decent set of Answer flats with metal studs that work great with the 5-10's I wear. I'll stick with those. No pedal scars since I switched.
    I just started using these New Balance 574's - basically walking shoes but they are super gummy and scored them for $30. Feel pretty good with Origin8 pedals + studs.

I don't do good beer, but enjoy shitty beer and good schmoke. But as I said, if you make it out my way let me know!
    Not a bad combo either. You know anything about Hopkington-Everett lake area? Looking at family camping options and it's one of the places our national park pass covers.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

so when?

I'm down

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Is vietnam in the franklin area still a thing?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Wow, really similar. He couldn't touch sugar, wheat, corn, 99% of food in general and was barely walking. Few years later he occasionally cheats on sugar but usually pays the price. Hang in there brother!
    Yup, just about any food that made my life enjoyable: shellfish, haddock, trout, red meat, game, organs, turkey, even certain vegetables & nuts. Beer is a big shouldn't do either, but it's something I'm not willing to give up yet - even the shitty beer I drink! A lot of the other stuff to avoid, I don't really partake in anyway. I'm getting there!

I just started using these New Balance 574's - basically walking shoes but they are super gummy and scored them for $30. Feel pretty good with Origin8 pedals + studs.
    Yup, pretty much the same thing.

Not a bad combo either. You know anything about Hopkington-Everett lake area? Looking at family camping options and it's one of the places our national park pass covers.
    I've never camped nor MB'd there. But I've ridden dirtbike & wheelers out there. Same thing as Bear Brook - you can get yourself into trouble, but there's plenty of easy trails. If you make it there, shout out. It's only 30-40 minutes from me.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Is vietnam in the franklin area still a thing?
    Yes.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

NEMBA bought a part of the land, and it is pretty active. I've only been a couple times, but I believe it's one of the more active spots in that area.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

In addition to everything already mentioned, Fort Rock in Exeter, NH is a lot of fun. It's somehow pretty technical while still having plenty of flow. Lots of rock, as the name would imply. Some fun bridges. Couple neat jumps, but nothing crazy. Google image search of "fort rock Exeter mountain bike" gives you a good idea of what to expect. There is a tunnel under 101, the riding is pretty different on each side.

0 Not allowed!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

i maybe headed to LLF, Billerica or Harold parker tomorrow. Early say 8am

If anyone wants to join an intermediate skill rider who is still working on the stamina

LMK

0 Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Well I hooked up with some guys Saturday who are building a DH flow track on 75 acres w/ about 250ft of drop. Did a little trail work and took some runs. Very early stages but lofty plans - jumps, walls, etc. All super neat and quick. They already cleared about 1/2 the trail and have a tractor to drag a giant blade and haul sand from the on-site pit. Tons of wood and planning to set up a mill to produce most of the boards. If it actually comes together it should be a lot of fun! Might try to pull a little crew together to do some work on it next month.

Everyone I talk to is telling me to go to Highlands. I think I *might* have one free weekend in July.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12