Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Nu Wave oven

  1. #1
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,650

    Nu Wave oven


    A few years ago, I got one of these table-top convection ovens for Christmas. The person who gave it to me bought a bunch on QVC and gave them to everyone that year so there was clearly not a lot of thought involved, thus my initial reaction was not positive. A few months later I decide to try the thing out. Holy crap, that thing makes the best whole roasted chicken I've ever had. Been using it all the time for the last few years and everyone that's tried the roasted chicken says it's the best they ever had. It does a great job with other stuff too, we especially like to make roasted home-fry-style potatoes in it. Anyone else have one of these?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    No, but I have a countertop convection oven that works just as well. It's all about moving the air.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  3. #3
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,224

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    No, but I do have a popeye's right down the street. They do a mean chicken or chicken-like product.

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

  4. #4
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,032

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    I once had diarrhea.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  5. #5
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    5,105

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    No, but I do have a popeye's right down the street. They do a mean chicken or chicken-like product.
    I've heard they have a really good sauce...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  6. #6
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    5,105

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    A few years ago, I got one of these table-top convection ovens for Christmas. The person who gave it to me bought a bunch on QVC and gave them to everyone that year so there was clearly not a lot of thought involved, thus my initial reaction was not positive. A few months later I decide to try the thing out. Holy crap, that thing makes the best whole roasted chicken I've ever had. Been using it all the time for the last few years and everyone that's tried the roasted chicken says it's the best they ever had. It does a great job with other stuff too, we especially like to make roasted home-fry-style potatoes in it. Anyone else have one of these?
    Is it one with the built in rotisserie or just circulated air?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bstnsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Douglas Ma
    Age
    51
    Posts
    501

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Love my nu-wave! My brother in-law gave it to us as a christmas gift and I was more than skeptical.... Honestly the thing works great!!! We use it a couple times a week now!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Hypertarded
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    we especially like to make roasted home-fry-style potatoes in it. Anyone else have one of these?
    yum, i may pick one up just for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I once had diarrhea.
    popeyes or Nu wave induced?? I'm guessing popeyes

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Hmm...so this isn't something I would use in a rental that doesn't have an oven?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

  10. #10
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Hmm...so this isn't something I would use in a rental that doesn't have an oven?
    Would be perfect for that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    yum, i may pick one up just for this.

    If you like sweet potatoes and Mexican spices, try cutting some sweet potato into 1/2"ish cubes, coat the cubes in olive oil and a shit-load (use more than you think you should) of taco seasoning (I do this in a covered bowl with vigorous shaking), then roast them or pan fry them until they are a burnt and crispy on the outside. We do them in the nu-wave at home, or in a big cast iron frying pan on our boat. Add onion if you fry them. They are outstanding.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    I was working away from home and split a house with some other workers. One of them brought one of these, and after some skepticism about the infomercial junk, we all used it. It's real good and cooking meat crispy without burning it, even when frozen. If you're short on space it's worth a try.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

  13. #13
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,224

    Re: Nu Wave oven

    I just crushed some Popeyes. That is the shit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •