Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 216181919293949596979899100101
Results 2,501 to 2,514 of 2514

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

we got some decent press off the opening.
    Local riders celebrate opening of Fairhaven pump track - Special - southcoasttoday.com - New Bedford, MA
    And I went to the middle school today and interrupted 7th grade lunch to give the winner of the essay contest the bike that one of our old friends donated.
    Then I managed to get 1:45 minutes of meandering around on my own. After I pick RTR up at school, it's pump track time until we tarp it before the monsoon thats headed our way.
    It is indeed a great time for bikes.

4 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

That project and the end result is so great. Good for you Chip, and the rest of the folks who organized. Really glad there are people such as yourselves out there doing the good work.

1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

For a bunch of fat old dudes we did alright. We aren't done with the bigger jump line yet, but we certainly met the "riding something by October" goal. I really couldn't be any happier with how it's going.

2 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Having the itch for some winter projects. Anyone have any older mountain bikes looking for a little cash or to make space let me know. Preferably in the 17”, 18”, M, M/L range. Thanks!

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Thats awesome. I dont think i knew this was being built. Really nice that people have the interest and i dont know how you all handled the town meetings without bursting a blood vessel.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Well, the board of public works was nothing short of amazing to work with. They logically had some questions, but we came with it in the end, and they’ve been really supportive and extremely helpful dropping off full upon request (we’re buying clay for the top coat, to pack with), and anything else we’ve needed, signage and the like.
    After it was approved and the neighbors caught wind of it they started a petition and put up a stink (and faced some pretty harsh backlash on social media), there was one meeting for them to air their grievances that was tense. I actually missed that one because I was at work, which is probably for the better.
    But since we’ve got going at the site there’s been nothing but positive feedback from every passer by, including some that fought it to begin with.
    We were steered towards this spot, out of the way, and did our best to tuck it in behind a pump house so it wouldn’t be an eyesore. We want to make it awesome, without disrupting anyone’s day to day in the neighborhood, and certainly without it being seen as anything less than a positive thing for the community.

5 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    (we’re buying clay for the top coat, to pack with)
    Not knowing anything about pump tracks does the clay get slick on humid days? Guessing riding/playing when it is raining isn't a good idea? Would it damage the track, or is it packed so well that it isn't a big deal?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Not knowing anything about pump tracks does the clay get slick on humid days? Guessing riding/playing when it is raining isn't a good idea? Would it damage the track, or is it packed so well that it isn't a big deal?
    The short answer is: depends. It doesn’t really get slick on humid days, but it can get sloppy when it’s wet. Yeah, riding when the place is waterlogged is a big no-no. We’ve done some drainage work so the water has someplace to go, in addition to tarping the thing when we know it’s going to rain.
    We’ll see how well we did by late Friday or Saturday once this next pour goes by. There were some low spots left that we raised, but that only means that water has to go someplace else. It’ll take some fine tuning to get right, but at the end of this we hope to have everything running off to either the sump that we dug, or to the borders, and no standing water left that can’t just be swept out with a push broom. That’s optimistic right now, but we’ll get there in time.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
    Having the itch for some winter projects. Anyone have any older mountain bikes looking for a little cash or to make space let me know. Preferably in the 17”, 18”, M, M/L range. Thanks!
    I have an old Marin aluminum frame hard tail and solid forks bike that needs gone. It is nothing to be proud of, never ridden and was cheap buy 20 years ago. Chrome frame, super cheapo components, etc. You are really only getting a frame and forks and bars, maybe wheels are good?? It's yours if you want it. I think the size is L or M. I've tried to get in contact with some of these bike donation programs but they seem to be flooded with old bikes already.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
    i have a 1991 Cannondale SM700 i've had since new. can't seem to part with it because i still love it... but don't think my Phase2 life-plan for it will ever be realized.

if interested, let me know.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

For a bunch of fat old dudes we did alright. We aren't done with the bigger jump line yet, but we certainly met the "riding something by October" goal. I really couldn't be any happier with how it's going.
    what a great project, track looks awesome ! you guys done real good

did you look into any of those top-coat options that you can paint on? always wondered if those hold up over the years.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Yeah, we’ll be looking into a product called soil-tac as well as some home brew type stuff dirtjump dudes use after we’re all done. No promises there.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

The short answer is: depends. It doesn’t really get slick on humid days, but it can get sloppy when it’s wet. Yeah, riding when the place is waterlogged is a big no-no. We’ve done some drainage work so the water has someplace to go, in addition to tarping the thing when we know it’s going to rain.
    We’ll see how well we did by late Friday or Saturday once this next pour goes by. There were some low spots left that we raised, but that only means that water has to go someplace else. It’ll take some fine tuning to get right, but at the end of this we hope to have everything running off to either the sump that we dug, or to the borders, and no standing water left that can’t just be swept out with a push broom. That’s optimistic right now, but we’ll get there in time.
    will there be a shutdown/startup date where the track gets tarped for the winter or is the tarping going to be on and off all the time based on the rain?...also just curious as to what type of clay was put down?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 10-11-18 at 03:17 PM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

we'll do the on/off thing with short term weather, and put it to bed for the winter at some point. Re-opening seasonally will depend on thaw and all that happy horse-hay.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet