Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337393103104105106107108109110111112113
Results 2,801 to 2,803 of 2803

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Even on (relatively) short rides I’m having some weird discomfort. I get tingling in feet and hands and my seat is miserable. I don’t remember being so uncomfortable years ago when I rode more regularly. Is this something that will go away with time? I don’t think a new seat would hurt but how does one go about finding what works without throwing away a bunch of money on saddles you don’t like or maybe getting lucky and loving the first one?

Attachment 51157
    Spend a couple bucks on a proper "fit" at a lbs. Made a big difference with me on a few problems I was having. They let you try different saddles etc while you're there on the trainer.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Even on (relatively) short rides I’m having some weird discomfort. I get tingling in feet and hands and my seat is miserable. I don’t remember being so uncomfortable years ago when I rode more regularly. Is this something that will go away with time? I don’t think a new seat would hurt but how does one go about finding what works without throwing away a bunch of money on saddles you don’t like or maybe getting lucky and loving the first one?

Attachment 51157

I had the same problem when I started riding again last year. I hoped it would go away with time but in my case it didn't, it kept getting worse. After a few months I bought a new seat based on Fizik's website fitting info and it was even more uncomfortable, so I scheduled a "seat fitting" at Wheelworks in Belmont rather than throwing more money at new seats.

The guy who did the fitting, Ed Sassler (?), told me that most of the seat issues that they see are really fit issues. They put my bike on a trainer with me clipped in and had me pedal while he looked everything over. He ended up lowering my seat and pushing it forward even though my hips weren't rocking on the seat while pedaling, and he sold me a new seat which I could exchange if it didn't work out. He took the Fizik seat that I bought in exchange for the fitting. The new seat position is working fine for me and the new seat itself is definitely better than the stock one.

0 Not allowed!

I ordered a new sale that should work this morning. If that doesn't work out I'll certainly try to get fit while trying new saddles. I'm afraid that might bike is just a little too small for me and if I try to fit it professionally, I'll end up on a new ride. Pricing out some upgrades on my bike currently puts me into new bike prices already.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube