Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

  1. #2901
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.


    Apparently all my friends are tall. I asked for 58 or 61 road/cx bikes under 2k and the following are selling:

    Purple 61cm Allez Sprint rim brake with Shimano 105 groupset. Scratches on frame but no damage. He is also selling etap, bontrager race wheels, and a power meter if someone wanted to build a better bike. "I'm looking to get rid of all of that stuff more than getting every penny it's worth"

    61 Crux, cantilever brakes, shimano groupset (likely 105), 10 speed.

    Blurple 58 Allez Sprint rim brake with ultregra group set. He was thinking around 2k but, "at the end of the day, if the guy can pick it up and pay in cash, then its worth me selling it below market, cause I don't have to ship it or lose 13% to fucking ebay and paypal"

    Also a 54cm sworks tarmac with etap. More than $2k.
    Also a 56cm sworks tarmac with etap. More than $2k.
    Also a 52cm sworks tarmac with Sram Force. Not much more than $2k.
    ^^ All these are like 2016-2017 rim brake versions.


    All are in/around Boston.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 08-06-19 at 12:15 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

  2. #2902
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,770

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Wow. Apparently friends don’t let friends not ride Specialized

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  3. #2903
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Wow. Apparently friends don’t let friends not ride Specialized
    Its a legitimate sponsorship. The facts the bikes are incredible is a huge plus. They're like the r6 of cycling. Sure there are other great bikes out there of very similar flavors. And yeah, there are rare unique custom thing-a-ma-bobs that cost a lot more and probably don't add anything in performance. But if you're gonna just go race your bike, why fight what works?

    1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 08-06-19 at 12:22 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

  4. #2904
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post

    Blurple 58 Allez Sprint rim brake with ultregra group set. He was thinking around 2k but, "at the end of the day, if the guy can pick it up and pay in cash, then its worth me selling it below market, cause I don't have to ship it or lose 13% to fucking ebay and paypal”
    All are in/around Boston.
    So that seems about right. Any more details on it?

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

  5. #2905
    Lifer isaac_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    I've had a sht week cycling. A combination of a decent bit of traveling on the weekends, little sleep, not eating well... how do you guys will yourself to ride when you simply don't want to?

    0 Not allowed!
    Isaac LRRS/CCS #871 ECK Racing | Spears Enterprises | GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media
    Bike: SV650, Bride of Frankenstein

  6. #2906
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by isaac_ View Post
    I've had a sht week cycling. A combination of a decent bit of traveling on the weekends, little sleep, not eating well... how do you guys will yourself to ride when you simply don't want to?
    If I really don’t want to there is nothing I can think to self motivate. If I’m on the edge of wanting to ride, I think of not being able to pass you in lwsb and it helps me get out there.

    1 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

  7. #2907
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    For me it’s the cause that I run/ride for. Knowing that everything I do helps fight ICMAO helps me on the low motivation days.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #2908
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,369

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by isaac_ View Post
    I've had a sht week cycling. A combination of a decent bit of traveling on the weekends, little sleep, not eating well... how do you guys will yourself to ride when you simply don't want to?
    I always want to ride. It's my reason for doing everything else in life. I guess it helps to have friends that ride. Joining a cycling club or finding friends that ride could make it easier as long as they are reliable.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  9. #2909
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,898

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Step 1: get fat
    Step 2: get fatter
    Step 17: ahhh, there it is, the desire to get fit again

    Otherwise, I’m just out pedaling around when it’s convenient.

    1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  10. #2910
    Administrator Frankenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Danville, NH
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,744

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Step 1: get fat
    Step 2: get fatter
    Step 17: ahhh, there it is, the desire to get fit again

    Otherwise, I’m just out pedaling around when it’s convenient.
    You and I are on the same training plan.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

    "I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

  11. #2911
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Step 1: get fat
    Step 2: get fatter
    Step 17: ahhh, there it is, the desire to get fit again

    Otherwise, I’m just out pedaling around when it’s convenient.
    Chipper, you’re another brave individual supporting the fight to end ICMAO. ICMAO, idleness caused middle aged obesity, is a condition that affects many Americans. Many are unaware that they have it, continuing to dress and live as if they do not look like they are seven months pregnant.

    Some of the symptoms include; a predilection for slip on shoes, wearing crocs out in public, disappearing body parts (waist, ankles, etc.), moobs, extra chins, and in severe cases the development of front-butt. They can also claim that they have a slow metabolism, bad genes or a thyroid imbalance. In some of the most severe conditions, the victim often talks about sports they played in high school, recounting their 30 year old triumphs while wheezing their way through the buffet.

    Victims who also are motorcyclists can also suffer from elephant riding a bicycle - itis or an unusually strong attraction to ride only American built motorcycles and fully farkled Gold Wings.

    There is little that can be done to help them, but the condition can be contagious and people who come in contact with the ICMAO sufferers are advised to begin a strict regimen of ELMMDA (eat less move more dumbass) to avoid potential contamination.

    2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by SteveM; 08-07-19 at 06:05 AM.

  12. #2912
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,770

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Well I've had a shit 7 days of riding, or lack of it. Was traveling Wednesday-Sunday AM, planned to ride Sunday evening but 10 hours of homework had other ideas. Wife is out of town M-W this week so I've been on solo Dad duty. Had a sitter setup and planned to ride yesterday after work but I got held up in a meeting and didn't get to leave until too late. *AND* I've eaten like shit, so a bit frustrated. Wife travels 3 more times this month for 3-4 days each, I've got to find a way to maintain some normalcy while she's gone.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  13. #2913
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,898

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Chipper, you’re another brave individual supporting the fight to end ICMAO. ICMAO, idleness caused middle aged obesity, is a condition that affects many Americans. Many are unaware that they have it, continuing to dress and live as if they do not look like they are seven months pregnant.

    Some of the symptoms include; a predilection for slip on shoes, wearing crocs out in public, disappearing body parts (waist, ankles, etc.), moobs, extra chins, and in severe cases the development of front-butt. They can also claim that they have a slow metabolism, bad genes or a thyroid imbalance. In some of the most severe conditions, the victim often talks about sports they played in high school, recounting their 30 year old triumphs while wheezing their way through the buffet.

    Victims who also are motorcyclists can also suffer from elephant riding a bicycle - itis or an unusually strong attraction to ride only American built motorcycles and fully farkled Gold Wings.

    There is little that can be done to help them, but the condition can be contagious and people who come in contact with the ICMAO sufferers are advised to begin a strict regimen of ELMMDA (eat less move more dumbass) to avoid potential contamination.
    I went out this morning.
    I’m not THAT fat, but I’m not that fit either.
    I just want to go out and have some fun.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  14. #2914
    Lifer isaac_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    ... what is ICMAO?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Isaac LRRS/CCS #871 ECK Racing | Spears Enterprises | GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media
    Bike: SV650, Bride of Frankenstein

  15. #2915
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,033

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    I didn't follow either. Google was no help. He finally spelled it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    ICMAO, idleness caused middle aged obesity, is a condition...

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #2916
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,898

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    “You can’t out-train a bad diet” is the thing that’s always gotten me.
    When I’m on my regular riding routine I still have always failed to get a handle on the other, significantly more important aspect, my diet. I’m back to tracking calories, but I have a real difficult time with anything ever sticking, as my lifestyle enables loads of built in excuses.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  17. #2917
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    “You can’t out-train a bad diet” is the thing that’s always gotten me.
    When I’m on my regular riding routine I still have always failed to get a handle on the other, significantly more important aspect, my diet. I’m back to tracking calories, but I have a real difficult time with anything ever sticking, as my lifestyle enables loads of built in excuses.
    Same here, I am not counting calories, but am trying to avoid eating too many carbs, “white stuff” and watch the sugar.

    The biggest change has been to just drink a lot more water instead of thing with calories.

    Went from 217 in May to 198 this morning. Breaking back into the 1’s was a big milestone and has given me a motivation bump.

    0 Not allowed!

  18. #2918
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,898

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Same here, I am not counting calories, but am trying to avoid eating too many carbs, “white stuff” and watch the sugar.

    The biggest change has been to just drink a lot more water instead of thing with calories.

    Went from 217 in May to 198 this morning. Breaking back into the 1’s was a big milestone and has given me a motivation bump.
    I’ve never gotten that far. My heaviest was 197 a few years ago (at 5-8).
    Currently waffling around 185, which is pretty standard. 170-175 is ideal for me, and I know that I really feel the best around there, but getting there is the real bitch.
    This is some first world bullshit, I totally acknowledge that too.
    Anyways, rage on. Congrats on your progress so far.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  19. #2919
    Lifer SteveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwell, MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Definitely FWP’s

    I’m at 5’11” and would like to get to 185 and be able to crank out a 10k at sub 8:00 miles.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #2920
    Get Weird! maxim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fairhaven, Ma
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    I was 273 last October 2018. I’m about 228(or thereabouts) right now. I got as low as 216 this spring but that was after a broken leg and a lot of couch time, where I lost muscle mass. Hard dieting for months was the only way to do it. I’m a glutton so it’s hard but whatever. Goal is 205, but it’s probably going to take another 6 months of never being satisfied with any meal to get there. As far as cycling I want to maintain 20mph solo for my loop of 23 miles.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 08-07-19 at 11:48 AM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

    JCBernier -- You-tube

  21. #2921
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,770

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    I gained back 5 lbs of the 10 I lost in the last week, so that's great.

    I'll be interested to see how close I'll be able to get to the 20 mph line in our area. I feel like 16 mph is going to come fairly easy, the early gainz always come big and often. After that it's going to take some real discipline.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  22. #2922
    Lifer isaac_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I gained back 5 lbs of the 10 I lost in the last week, so that's great.

    I'll be interested to see how close I'll be able to get to the 20 mph line in our area. I feel like 16 mph is going to come fairly easy, the early gainz always come big and often. After that it's going to take some real discipline.
    Donít know what your workout habits are, but Iíve found if the only form of exercise is cardio my weight tends to fluctuate more and itís possible a good chunk (maybe all) of that 10 lbs is water weight. I bet if you were to get on the bike today youíd see half of the 5 lost tomorrow. The body is weird.

    0 Not allowed!
    Isaac LRRS/CCS #871 ECK Racing | Spears Enterprises | GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media
    Bike: SV650, Bride of Frankenstein

  23. #2923
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,770

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by isaac_ View Post
    Don’t know what your workout habits are, but I’ve found if the only form of exercise is cardio my weight tends to fluctuate more and it’s possible a good chunk (maybe all) of that 10 lbs is water weight. I bet if you were to get on the bike today you’d see half of the 5 lost tomorrow. The body is weird.
    This is definitely 5 pounds of floof.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  24. #2924
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,898

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I gained back 5 lbs of the 10 I lost in the last week, so that's great.

    I'll be interested to see how close I'll be able to get to the 20 mph line in our area. I feel like 16 mph is going to come fairly easy, the early gainz always come big and often. After that it's going to take some real discipline.
    it's going to be pretty difficult on a set of 30c (or bigger) tires.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  25. #2925
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,770

    Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    it's going to be pretty difficult on a set of 30c (or bigger) tires.
    I figured that was the case. Plan was to get myself to a decent fitness level and start playing around with different rubber, let the chips fall where they may. I expect if this continues well, there will be a racier set of wheels in my future I can dedicate to road-only if I want to go ride with the LBS, and keep the current ones for dual-sporting.

    Wife gets back this evening, I'm going to do a bit of close-by exploring. The Upper Warren Reservoir is about 2 miles from my house, in the southwest corner there is a wooded area that I see multiple trail heads into when I ride by. Plan is to pedal the MTB over and see what's in there. I know it's "safe" to ride, plenty of evidence of public use. If it's kosher then I can plot a route through that I can incorporate into some dual-sporting.

    1 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •