Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1151718182838485868788899091
Results 2,251 to 2,256 of 2256

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Used to know a thing or 2 eboos's Avatar

Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Why would you go and do 42miles of hills the day before a race? That’s supposed to be an easy day.
    Because I am absolutely stupid. Haven't you seen my other reports? I even attempted a 20 minute power test on Saturday.

0 Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Because I am absolutely stupid. Haven't you seen my other reports? I even attempted a 20 minute power test on Saturday.
    you aren't stupid, lawyery guy. Do this right. Not like racing a tube framed Buell.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Used to know a thing or 2 eboos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    you aren't stupid, lawyery guy. Do this right. Not like racing a tube framed Buell.
    66 mile race Saturday. Will try to keep my fitness up and form to about -15 or better.

0 Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Cycling's weird. It takes a while to realize you're not made of glass and you can do this day after day after day. If Monson wasn't a "target" race, good for you for training through it. If you wanted to "peak" or train for this race, then probably should have followed Chip's plan. I miss the days of being able to double up on races (race the cat 3 and the cat 1/2/3) and do it back to back Saturday/Sunday. That was the best.

You can't be fast all the time. Not as big of a deal in the earlier stages of your bike racing, but as you get faster, it becomes harder and harder to maintain a high level of fitness. Racing fatigued is excellent training, but you just need to set expectations going into the race.

Monson is a hard race, sounds like you had a pretty good ride. On to the next one.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Thank you, I'll check into that. It's disappointing to say the least. It was getting so bad it felt like I was riding up hill even when I was going down hill.

for whatever reason trying to thumbs up the post was doing a thumbs down. I fail the internet for the day

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 08zxcpb View Post
    Thank you, I'll check into that. It's disappointing to say the least. It was getting so bad it felt like I was riding up hill even when I was going down hill.

for whatever reason trying to thumbs up the post was doing a thumbs down. I fail the internet for the day
    SRAM is really good at designing mostly good products with a critical design flaw. Luckily their warranty is very good. The plastic piston in the levers swells over time, presumably with exposure to DOT fluid, and starts sticking. It is worse when the levers heat up too. They have a revised piston so I'm not sure if it will happen again.

0 Not allowed!