Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1454748485868788899091929394
Results 2,326 to 2,328 of 2328

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    DK is on the list of epics should I ever become a real cyclist.

I spent some time on the surly doing some trimming for the netra enduro coming up. I think I swear pure bacon grease. I’m so disgusting. And sexy at the same time.
    Its so dumb. I get it, but I don't get it. That is in regards to DK and your sweat.

I think I'm going to drive out there. We gotta bring a shit ton of bikes, we need places to stay, and we need a support vehicle to carry all of this stuff. I'll have fun. Its easy to convince myself I won't, but I will.

If JetBlue flew out there, I'd be flying.

However, next van trip is this weekend. CCAP Kermis in Hartford Friday night then Wilmington Gran Prix on Saturday.
    https://www.bikereg.com/7th-annual-ccns-kermis
    https://www.bikereg.com/wilmington-grand-prix

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 05-16-18 at 11:54 AM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Its so dumb. I get it, but I don't get it. That is in regards to DK and your sweat.

I think I'm going to drive out there. We gotta bring a shit ton of bikes, we need places to stay, and we need a support vehicle to carry all of this stuff. I'll have fun. Its easy to convince myself I won't, but I will.

If JetBlue flew out there, I'd be flying.

However, next van trip is this weekend. CCAP Kermis in Hartford Friday night then Wilmington Gran Prix on Saturday.
    https://www.bikereg.com/7th-annual-ccns-kermis
    https://www.bikereg.com/wilmington-grand-prix
    "I get it, I just don't get it" is a recurring theme amongst enthusiasts of the same thing with slightly different disciplines.
    If you're going to Eastern NC, make sure to eat all the BBQ.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I’m flying pretty high right now. Race report from the weekend I wrote for the team:

AJ and I headed out Friday afternoon to the CCNS Kermis for a 9:10pm race. Gina, Tara and Meredith headed down earlier. The plan was drive two hours to CT to race the Kermis, then get in the van and just drive on to Jersey and meet the girls at a Marriott, then continue to Deleware in the morning. We got to the hotel at 2am. Before I dive into actual bike racing, a key part of this story was a text I sent to AJ earlier in the morning:

Gerry: Second guessing Wilmington, convince me otherwise.
    AJ: I already signed up and need a ride
    AJ: This is the last big check off the box for your 1
    AJ: Harden the fuck up
    AJ: Anything else?

The forecast was full on rain for a race 6.5 hours away. A race with 8 corners and a lot of elevation. But AJ won me over, and we rolled out of Boston around 5:30.

The Kermis was excellent and AJ and Gina owe you a race reports for their huge wins. I played a supporting roll in that show attacking and trading turns with AJ following everything that went after Cole, who was up the road for half the race. Eventually it all came together and I limped my way to 10th. Legs felt pretty heavy after that one, but oh well, that stopped bother me a couple years ago.

We leave the hotel in Jersey around 9:45 in search of breakfast, we found a baller spot but at a pretty significant cost of time. Don’t worry, AJ confirmed the feedback trainer fits in the van and I got in 15 minutes of Z1 on the way to the race. Get there, pin up, course is soaked and it’s tighter and faster than I thought. Oh well, I’m here and I historically race well in the rain. I line up in the back knowing it was a mistake. I spend the first few laps closing gaps and getting to the front. Made it, all is well. Kelly Benefit had about 7 guys in the race and were GLVing the shit out of it. They’d attack and as soon as they got caught they’d send the next guy. All race. The race was fast especially considering the rain and all the corners: 25.5mph average. My plan was to not see the wind until late In the race. I wanted to try to finish in a small group and not have to pack sprint in these conditions. With 20 minutes left in a 60 minute race, I attacked and no one came with me. I stayed out there a lap, took a prime, then went back to the field to recover. Looks like I’m sprinting from the pack...or so I thought. Kelly keeps on playing their game up until 2 laps to go then take over the front. They’re not going fast enough, but their organized. I recognize the lack of speed immediately. We’ve done it so many tines: attack all race for a break and then have nothing left for the lead out. I attack over them into the third corner on the final lap. It’s a 90 degree right into a steep downhill which bottoms out with another 90 degree right. I’m fully committed at this point. Next is another 90 degree right, a steep kicker, then a 90 degree left at the top. This is it. Kelly’s gassed and I have the legs to fly up this. The field is going to look at Kelly to do the work. Get to the top, take the left, then it’s a long long slightly downhill drag into another 90 degree right, the sketchiest corner on the course for sure. I keep the gap all the way to the corner and then sprint up the next kicker. At the top of that kicker is the final 90 degree right onto the long uphill finishing straight. I give everything’s that’s left, take a look back with 200m to go, Not.Even.Close. I bury my head for another 100m and then post up for way way too long. Honestly, I posted up so early because my legs couldnt pedal anymore...and selfish reasons of course. Hearing them yell “It’s Zipcar!” on the mic will never get old.

It’s 11:23pm, 2 more hours until we’re home. We stopped in Philly for some damn good grub on the way home and I just finished a McDonalds hot fudge sundae at the rest stop. We also cleaned up with over $1k in prize money, collectively. This trip was so worth it.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.