Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone here own an EV car?

Re: Anyone here own an EV car?

Wife sucks, had a long talk about the wagon, and shes not keen on the idea of buying a 2ish year old car and paying more monthly than leasing whatever the fuck new suv is out there and having a way cheaper payment and the whole being brand new. I mean at least shes scaling back what she wants in options so keep the lease cheaper. but damnit i wanted a wagon.

I've spoiled this chick to good

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Wife sucks, had a long talk about the wagon, and shes not keen on the idea of buying a 2ish year old car and paying more monthly than leasing whatever the fuck new suv is out there and having a way cheaper payment and the whole being brand new. I mean at least shes scaling back what she wants in options so keep the lease cheaper. but damnit i wanted a wagon.

I've spoiled this chick to good
    my wife called me a loser when she saw a picture of a tourx...but we're in the market for a 3rd row suv first anyway so i won't be getting a new car until i drive her 14 maxima into the ground...by then maybe there will be an even better wagon out from a more reliable manufacturer

Last edited by Point37; 10-27-20 at 09:06 AM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    my wife called me a loser when she saw a picture of a tourx...but we're in the market for a 3rd row suv first anyway so i won't be getting a new car until i drive her 14 maxima into the ground...by then maybe there will be an even better wagon out from a more reliable manufacturer
    mine said the exact same thing when i made here test a vw golf all track. why do women hate wagons so much?

mine said the exact same thing when i made here test a vw golf all track. why do women hate wagons so much?
    going on edmunds there aren't really many wagon models out there...they include stuff like mini coopers and kia souls in the wagon category...i wonder how a toyota venza stacks up against a tourx...they stopped making the acura tsx sport wagon which seemed pretty nice...mazda had a wagon version of the mazda 6 as well...wouldn't mind seeing a new version of those or maybe a acura tl wagon...i don't think they sold well though...even the outback wagon instead of the crossover version was sweet...i wanted more storage but better gas mileage...i even liked one of those ugly subaru bajas too...seemed like it would work for what i need with a bed cover

Last edited by Point37; 10-27-20 at 10:43 AM.

I had a kia soul as a work car for the last year, wouldnt call it a wagon, but it was pretty practical. there is a brand new venza that came out and its basically the JDM version of lexus rx, but its hybrid only.
    the tsx was brilliant but them marketing team fucked that one up by not building any wagons with sticks and the tech packages, so no young kids with money wanted a base wagon. the mazda was was promised when i worked for them in 2011-13 and we never got it in America.
    I loved the 2005ish subaru legacy wagon in 2.5 GT trim. amazing dad car.

although i got an email from an dealer about the tourx its a left over 18, and the color i really want and they are discounting it to where its cheaper than the used ones around here. I like the one is boston but the car fax shows an odd accident with a guardrail before the car was sold, and then it was repossed... but it has all the safety options i wanted.... same with the one someone posted from carmax. this is cheaper and brand new.

edit: it has no sunroof fuuck.

Last edited by jhawley; 10-27-20 at 11:39 AM.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

They are disillusioned, they don't hate wagons. Actually by all of the sales trends they love wagons they just only seem to like the ones that come with a lift kit/elevated ride height from the factory.

That someone came up with the very successful marketing campaign to call lifted/elevated ride height wagons SUVs/Crossovers/Sport Utes is pure genius. Bottom line is they are still wagons but they call them something the masses will accept and willingly spend thousands of dollars to purchase and keep up with the Joneses in.

Last edited by tls25rs; 10-27-20 at 01:05 PM.

I had a kia soul as a work car for the last year, wouldnt call it a wagon, but it was pretty practical. there is a brand new venza that came out and its basically the JDM version of lexus rx, but its hybrid only.
    the tsx was brilliant but them marketing team fucked that one up by not building any wagons with sticks and the tech packages, so no young kids with money wanted a base wagon. the mazda was was promised when i worked for them in 2011-13 and we never got it in America.
    I loved the 2005ish subaru legacy wagon in 2.5 GT trim. amazing dad car.

although i got an email from an dealer about the tourx its a left over 18, and the color i really want and they are discounting it to where its cheaper than the used ones around here. I like the one is boston but the car fax shows an odd accident with a guardrail before the car was sold, and then it was repossed... but it has all the safety options i wanted.... same with the one someone posted from carmax. this is cheaper and brand new.
    not many close used...
    https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...217255465.html
    https://www.edmunds.com/buick/regal-...039/?radius=50
    https://www.edmunds.com/buick/regal-...744/?radius=50
    https://www.edmunds.com/buick/regal-...061/?radius=50

https://www.gmcertified.com/vsr#?mak...=Regal%20TourX

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 10-27-20 at 11:49 AM.

Who needs a sunroof? Just a place for future leaks. If you ever resell you can harp on the rarity of it being a slicktop (performance!).

I tried to get my sister to buy a TourX before she moved west for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread. Her words: “I’m not buying a Buick.”

Want a woman who likes a wagon? Get a woman who has a wagon

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Thanks, i'll dig though this later!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petro View Post
    Who needs a sunroof? Just a place for future leaks. If you ever resell you can harp on the rarity of it being a slicktop (performance!).

I tried to get my sister to buy a TourX before she moved west for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread. Her words: “I’m not buying a Buick.”
    Oh Kimmy. Her jeep is pretty sweet though, I still have my disdain of CUV's but the ones that can legit go of road get a pass,(makes me feel better about blowing though the median/hopping a curb on the highway to get out of a traffic jam) but my wife wont do a GC because of the mpgs. my wife also thinks that i like "stupid" odd things that no one likes and we can get fucked on them, namely my old VFR1200

Joe's wife is smaaaaat.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You shut your mouth, That vfr was amazing and you loved it too.

Quote Originally Posted by petro View Post
    Her words: “I’m not buying a Buick.”
    That's part of what I love about it. When people say "that's a Buick?!", thinking it's another Euro wagon (i.e. Allroad).
    Not really, but sure. It's got an Opel build sticker in the glove box.
    It doesn't look like your grandma's Buick, so I'm certainly not ashamed by it. Change the badge out if you want.

my wife also thinks that i like "stupid" odd things that no one likes
    That's one of the things, too. We tend to buy cars and keep them til they're dead. The only reason we sold her Civic (with 190k+ miles), was that we needed a bigger car to fit the family.
    I don't plan to sell this one til it's dead dead, but you never know. I would expect to have a hard time finding a buyer at a good/high price, because people know nothing about them. Then again, the discounts from the dealer were big enough that I don't think we were ever upside down on it.
    As far as quirky and being able to repair it, like I said before, there are enough in Europe that I could probably find parts there if needed. It helps I work on most everything myself, instead of getting screwed by the dealer because it's "special".

Anyone own a Ford CMax? It was a smallish Crossover hybrid with plug-in capability. About the size of a Subaru Impreza.

https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/c-max

If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Anyone own a Ford CMax? It was a smallish Crossover hybrid with plug-in capability. About the size of a Subaru Impreza.

There is no reason to buy one of those over a Prius if you want a hatchback hybrid.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    There is no reason to buy one of those over a Prius if you want a hatchback hybrid.
    Prius are all plug ins? Didn’t think so.

Prius are all plug ins? Didn’t think so.
    No, not all, but they have had plug in versions since 2012 if that's what you're chasing. Kills the Cmax on mpg and has Toyota pedigree to boot. So again, why a limited volume Ford version over a Yota? No good reason in that segment unless you're chasing cheapest acquisition cost, which you know is only part of the equation.

Edit: The only hybrid capable of giving a Prius a run for its money is the Hyundai Ioniq in either form. It doesn't have the long term rep yet though.

Last edited by e30addict; 10-29-20 at 06:46 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

An out of production ford hybrid. wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. would buy a prius V and have a regular hybrid with 45ish mpg

So, despite my best efforts for trying to live the wagon life. I am the proud new owner of a 2020 Bolt EV.

So, despite my best efforts for trying to live the wagon life. I am the proud new owner of a 2020 Bolt EV.
    Do you actually own a lease?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Oh man that's funny. I thought you meant Volt. haha

We are looking at 2nd Gen Prius as our new “kids car” for two teen drivers. They work well in city use and lots of them around.

Prefer the V [wagon] version but they are still over $10K used.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Oh man that's funny. I thought you meant Volt. haha
    I Miss my Volt It was an annoyingly great car.

Wife named it Carmen Electric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Two friends in Boston have second Gen Volts. Because they live in the city and recharge every night, they only use gas when the engine comes on as a maintenance cycle, or when it’s cold. Too bad everyone hates on wagons because as a wagon it would be pretty amazing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast