Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Paint question

Paint question

I'm having the hard-top on my fathers corvette painted. The car has been re-painted, and I don't have a paint code to match the finish on the car. I know you can go to some suppliers have a digital shot of the paint (I think), and have it mixed there. Anybody know somewhere I can get this done?
    The guy doing the painting is just starting his own business, and is new to the area. He's painting my race bodywork next. I'll put up some pics of it when it's done, along with what he charges me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Paint question

I dunno bout auto paint much, but with house paint I would never trust a digital photo to match. We have computer matching and they're only even passably close maybe 1 out of every 5 times. Usually it gets you in the ball park and we have to adjust it manually after. And thats only with a hard sample of the paint we're trying to match. Things look so different with digital shots than actual samples, but like I say thats just for house paint maybe things are different for automotive paint.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Paint question

Thanks. I think it's pretty common to match auto paint this way, I just don't know where to go.

Re: Paint question

I got the paint matched at an autobody supplier in Fitchburg, the hard top came out great. The 'body man has my plastics in primer now and he's just waiting for me to bring him the rest of the bike so he can come up with a design and tape off the lines. I'll post pics when it's done. In the mean time, this guy is hungry for work, and he likes to do custom art work. If anybody is in need of paint work I'll be happy to get you in touch with him. He's an honest guy who charges a very reasonable rate. He does collision work as well, but just prefers to do custom bikes and restorations. My Aprilia is getting done up like John Hopkins '06 moto GP Suzuki

edit: fuck that, I meant the '05 bike.

Last edited by burnham; 01-25-08 at 05:59 PM.