Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Patriots

Patriots

I really like how this team plays football. Tough old school mash your face stuff. Not the most talented team but they show up and fight. Might even make the playoffs at 9-7?
    What ya all think?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Patriot's

i'm interested to see what they can do with what they have (which isn't much)...i like to see the newer guys playing well...Harris and Jackson are playing well...hopefully Meyers and Byrd can keep it up...hopefully Newton can improve his throwing accuracy...i'd be interested to see his throwing mechanics in slow motion...something seems off there but i don't know what i'm looking at, just curious

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Like the Celtics last year I have absolutely 0 expectations for this team.

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

same here...it's a rebuild year but if they can do something it would be great to see...belichick vs brady to see who can win the superbowl first trying to prove who was the more instrumental piece in all the pats superbowls...after all this covid stuff i'm just happy there still is football to watch

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Like the Celtics last year I have absolutely 0 expectations for this team.
    That's my take no expectations at all. Nice seeing them play hard every game . With a few breaks they could easily be 6-3 instead of 4-5 And again its truly nice to have football to watch....

Hypertarded

I do wish they were at least mediocre......this was a pretty bad loss to a 2-7 team, with both of the Texans wins against the lowly Jaguars(1-9)....

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I do wish they were at least mediocre......this was a pretty bad loss to a 2-7 team, with both of the Texans wins against the lowly Jaguars(1-9)....
    Yes that one hurt...!

That D tho

Why the fuck McDaniels didn't run right down there fuckin' throat all day is beyond me. One of the best running O's against one of the worst D's on the rush. What the fuck was he possibly thinking?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Why the fuck McDaniels didn't run right down there fuckin' throat all day is beyond me. One of the best running O's against one of the worst D's on the rush. What the fuck was he possibly thinking?
    They definitely over think things! You gatta wonder? Not a fan of McDaniel's Plus now Rex is gone! looking like 8-8 may be the best this team is going to be.. Tough game next week against AZ..

On the other side of the ball, they couldn't contain Watson, the D line was atrocious and the secondary was swiss cheese. Play calling on both sides of the ball was suspect for sure. While I never set the bar high this year for the Patriots, losing to Houston is pathetic.

On the other hand, Watson's passing was spot-on. The receivers he was hitting were not wide open. He was simply throwing the ball with authority and accuracy. Very hard to cover when the QB is having a good day.

x

2012 D675R / 2010 Tiger 1050

Quote Originally Posted by Studio X View Post
    On the other hand, Watson's passing was spot-on. The receivers he was hitting were not wide open. He was simply throwing the ball with authority and accuracy. Very hard to cover when the QB is having a good day.

x
    They weren't wide open, but they continued to burn the secondary all damned day. McCourty was definitely having an off day and Gilmore didn't really seem to factor in much.

And what was with the 3-4 rush all fuckin' day?!? C'mon, man!

On the other side of the ball, they couldn't contain Watson, the D line was atrocious and the secondary was swiss cheese. Play calling on both sides of the ball was suspect for sure. While I never set the bar high this year for the Patriots, losing to Houston is pathetic.
    Or barely getting by the Jets (more luck than anything)

They weren't wide open, but they continued to burn the secondary all damned day. McCourty was definitely having an off day and Gilmore didn't really seem to factor in much.

And what was with the 3-4 rush all fuckin' day?!? C'mon, man!
    Agree. why no blitz? or at least change it up once and awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Agree. why no blitz? or at least change it up once and awhile...
    I get they were trying to keep Watson contained, but they were failing at that as well. They needed to get their heads out of their asses and change it up.

And given they couldn't stop them from getting to Newton, why not line up a couple linemen as tight ends to try to help out there? It's not like we'd be giving up much by not using our current TE's, right?

Piss poor play calling on the offense & defense.

And what the fuck was Gunner doing on that last return with so little time remaining? I find it hard to believe they DIDN'T tell him to go with a fair catch. What the fuck could he have possibly been thinking?

It was like watching the Dick MacPherson Patriots!

And what the fuck was Gunner doing on that last return with so little time remaining? I find it hard to believe they DIDN'T tell him to go with a fair catch. What the fuck could he have possibly been thinking?
    I was thinking the same thing... what budded me also is the play calling on the drive that ended with a FG.. second and lone from the 30something and they run up the middle? why? looked like they were settling for the FG?? Strange.. I think Belichick want's to give his friends a W if there teams are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing... what budded me also is the play calling on the drive that ended with a FG.. second and lone from the 30something and they run up the middle? why? looked like they were settling for the FG?? Strange.. I think Belichick want's to give his friends a W if there teams are struggling.
    I'm wondering if Gunner (I won't even attempt his last name) will NOT be returning kicks this weekend. Seriously, what an incredibly stupid decision. Fair catch or get the fuck out of bounds. Although a fair catch would've given them at least a little more time.

Unpopular opinion: not enough talent on the roster to be competitive.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Unpopular opinion: not enough talent on the roster to be competitive.
    That's a pretty solid opinion. There's SOME decent talent though, just not enough this year. The big upside to that is some of the young talent is starting to come around.

On a side note: some reports are saying the Patriots will have more cap space than any other team next year when all the dust settles. Right now, I believe they're #4. That's projected to go up. I don't know how, it's just something I keep hearing on sports talk radio.

They have some decent draft capital for 2021 too. Big problem there is Belichick has had some rough drafts as of late.