Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Picked up a new sled!

Re: Picked up a new sled!

I've been riding sleds my whole life until about 5 years ago and I've never NEEDED scratchers but I can see where they would be nice to have.

The best part about snowmobiling is it's the final frontier of speed. We primarily rode in northern Quebec where the trails were always groomed and packed like cement. They were also very wide and open so you could see on coming traffic. It was to the point where anywhere you rode you felt like you were on a race track. We rode like total assholes. All out all the time. Wide open on the straights, braking as late as possible and carrying as much speed as we could through the turns, and back to wide open on every straight. We could cover over 300 miles in a day like this no problem. Other than a race track, I can't think of any other place where you can get away with pushing something to that level for hours on end like we did.

Our group was well split between the four major brands but in the later years everyone ended up on Yamaha 4-strokes. Even the newer two strokes struggled to take that kind of riding.

Those were the days.

1 Not allowed!

5 Not allowed!

that thing is bad

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

You guys might cost me some $$. We like our old Yamaha Venture but the Phazer isn’t really that useful for us.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Cool Ride. Wishing you much Snow in 2019!

0 Not allowed!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    You guys might cost me some $$. We like our old Yamaha Venture but the Phazer isn’t really that useful for us.
    Haha! If you wish, a friend of mine is a salesman for Polaris. Bad news is that he is in CT at Scranton powersports but he would most likely make the trip worth it.

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Haha! If you wish, a friend of mine is a salesman for Polaris. Bad news is that he is in CT at Scranton powersports but he would most likely make the trip worth it.
    We register them in NH. Would I have to pay CT sales tax?

Hard for us to sell the Yamaha because it’s at Sunapee and we’re only there part time.

1 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

6" of freshies!

0 Not allowed!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

We register them in NH. Would I have to pay CT sales tax?

Hard for us to sell the Yamaha because it’s at Sunapee and we’re only there part time.
    Nope! I did the same, live in MA and ride in NH.

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I've also never ridden a sled like this. Have you ever been on a fast jetski? We have a 215 horsepower SeaDoo, which is limited to 68 mph, but it gets there in a big fucking hurry. Are we talking that sort of acceleration? More?
    My STX 900 Jet Ski is NOTHING like my 900 SnoPro as far as acceleration. Then again, I think top speed on the Jet Ski is only +/- 50MPH. In my opinion, the sled will get me there MUCH quicker than the Jet Ski.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Just in time for all the sn..... nevermind.

I've never had a sled, what kind of power and speed is that capable of?
    this shows about 3.3 seconds 0-60

The AXYS Overview .pdf file - HCS Snowmobile Forums

0 Not allowed!

2 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Glad to see it finally being used for something other than holding up my garage wall! Hope you guys are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Now thatís something I could really do damage to myself on. Looks like fun. Itís a Mono? If so howís that compared to a two planker?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamdineen View Post
    Now that’s something I could really do damage to myself on. Looks like fun. It’s a Mono? If so how’s that compared to a two planker?
    Still learning and adjusting. Both myself and the Snowhawk. It wants more powder snow than we currently have. Jumps and wheelies really well. I'd like to think it will improve my riding, if I live long enough. So far, adding throttle fixes most situations. Weight the inside peg to initiate a turn, get on top and lay it down like a dirtbike.

1 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Glad to see it finally being used for something other than holding up my garage wall! Hope you guys are enjoying it.

I saw the picture and my first thought was if it was yours or not. Guess I got my answer.

1 Not allowed!
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 14

2018 Beta 390 RR-S

Nice sled
    I have a 2012 Skidoo Renegade 800

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    Nice sled
    I have a 2012 Skidoo Renegade 800
    Puttin any miles on so far this year?

Not super wow'ed by the sled so far. I miss the 800 triple. Shopping pipes and clutch kits and I need to dial in the suspension.

Might even have to go for the big gay windshield, sled is cold as fuck.

0 Not allowed!

Picked up a new sled!-wnbabtk-jpg

Well, I honestly didnt like the sled all that much at first. Unfortunately my previous sled was a beast, pro x chassis, tall seat, tall bars, and an 800 triple with triple pipes, so it set the bar high. This sled was mostly a downgrade so far.

Well, I went through a LONG list of upgrades and maintenance items and holy shit, Im loving it now. New carbide up front, shimmed the skis, aligned the skis, new plugs, new belt, clutch kit, ceramic coated y-pipe, pipe, and can, added a few cranks to the front track spring, added front dampening, let the limiter out one hole.... HOLY shit. this thing is beast mode now. It is extremely powerful out of the hole (1.75" track, geared much lower than the pro-s, this sled wont break 100 mph), wheelies when you want, sticks the corners when you want (AXYS-lite/bite), sounds mean but not too loud, etc. What a friggen crazy sled...

1 Not allowed!

We want to replace our 2007 Phazer. But I have no clue what to get. The kids almost always have a passenger, we would like to be able some off-trail use (Phazer is not good there). For the miles we ride a 2 stroke would be OK though in general I prefer 4 stroke. Only other certainties are not too fast, reverse, and we want to add GPS.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    My STX 900 Jet Ski is NOTHING like my 900 SnoPro as far as acceleration. Then again, I think top speed on the Jet Ski is only +/- 50MPH. In my opinion, the sled will get me there MUCH quicker than the Jet Ski.
    The stx is not comparable to any modern sled. That 900 is a dog.

A modern jetski will out accelerate any sled due to traction. The sled will have a much higher top end though.

0 Not allowed!

We want to replace our 2007 Phazer. But I have no clue what to get. The kids almost always have a passenger, we would like to be able some off-trail use (Phazer is not good there). For the miles we ride a 2 stroke would be OK though in general I prefer 4 stroke. Only other certainties are not too fast, reverse, and we want to add GPS.
    Polaris titan with the PIDD gauge and a 2-up seat.

1 Not allowed!

a skandic wt or swt, a expedition with a least a 1 3/4 track or even a polaris titan.

if a back seat wasn't needed much even a tundra extreme.

while horribly over priced the new expedition extreme would be a outstanding choice.

these would all be good sleds to pick.

other than the 2020 expedition extreme (its not out yet) these are the sleds we ride and use for pretty much everything other than deep snow

1 Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

Still balls deep

0 Not allowed!

Took this last night next to the house. Groomer was going by on my way to work. The trails from my doorstep are EPIC. Havent seen it this good in forever! 2'+ of base and smooth sailing! 6 degrees this morn!

Just changed to adjustable clutch weights. Running 70.6 grams and slammin em!

Picked up a new sled!-nirh8qq-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 03-19-19 at 06:12 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast