Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Ordered a new Pickup Truck

Re: Ordered a new Pickup Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I did some digging on this, apparently that wheel set can be converted to true bead locks: https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...007-DC1785.pdf

If you do so, they tell you not to use them on the road.
    It is a different animal at that point, I think we can agree on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Yes, I do understand what a beadlock wheel is. It says "beadlock capable" which makes me think it is more than just simulated.

- - - Updated - - -

Why arent beadlocks allowed on the roads?
    The simple answer is bead locks aren't allowed because the DOT doesn't trust Joe Public to maintain them properly.

The ones you linked are definitely sim locks. They only have 2 bolts at the end of the spokes, and those are fake. A true beard lock has bolts equally spaced around the lips of the wheel to provide even clamping force around the bead of the tire. Those bolts need to be torqued every thousand miles. Bead locks also don't balance as well as a standard wheel because of the nature of the lock ring, it's nearly impossible to have the tire perfectly centered on the wheel and lock ring when you clamp it down.

They work great for off roading at low pressures, but they're entirely impractical for street use and downright dangerous if not properly maintained.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

mmmmmmmm

Last edited by nt650hawk; 01-17-17 at 10:42 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    It is a different animal at that point, I think we can agree on that.

The simple answer is bead locks aren't allowed because the DOT doesn't trust Joe Public to maintain them properly.

The ones you linked are definitely sim locks. They only have 2 bolts at the end of the spokes, and those are fake. A true beard lock has bolts equally spaced around the lips of the wheel to provide even clamping force around the bead of the tire. Those bolts need to be torqued every thousand miles. Bead locks also don't balance as well as a standard wheel because of the nature of the lock ring, it's nearly impossible to have the tire perfectly centered on the wheel and lock ring when you clamp it down.

They work great for off roading at low pressures, but they're entirely impractical for street use and downright dangerous if not properly maintained.
    Did you read the PDF? https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...007-DC1785.pdf They just dont come with the rings, you can purchase the rings separately and make them true beadlocks.

I dont want or need beadlocks, I just think the wheels look better. I dont particularly like the curved/snowflake spoke look of the wheels I got

Last edited by xrocket21; 01-17-17 at 10:59 AM.

xxaarraa

Dude, congratulations! Pretty much the only turnkey daily driver offroader you can get. I am tired of the song and dance it takes to build out a truck (did that on my current truck that I tow with, wheel and overland in), and going raptor for next truck just for the convenience of fill-up and go. Stock tires are 35's correct? I parked my 34s next to a stock raptor once and the stock tires on the raptor looked smaller, so curious.

I am going to order one also once markup over MSRP levels off. PM'd you.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 01-17-17 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    Dude, congratulations! Pretty much the only turnkey daily driver offroader you can get. I am tired of the song and dance it takes to build out a truck (did that on my current truck that I tow with, wheel and overland in), and going raptor for next truck just for the convenience of fill-up and go. Stock tires are 35's correct? I parked my 34s next to a stock raptor once and the stock tires on the raptor looked smaller, so curious.

I am going to order one also once markup over MSRP levels off. PM'd you.
    Yes, the stock tires are 35's, I believe they are bigger than the last gen raptors.

I dont think it has been a hassle to order it, other than the wait. I did a build online myself and emailed it to the dealer and they ordered it.

I agree though, these jabronis tryin to get well over MSRP are nuts!

Ordered through a local dealer in Central Maine. No experience really, its been over the phone. I did the build online, emailed it to them, and called and made a $1k deposit.

got it for $1k UNDER MSRP, which is crazy, most dealers are asking $5-$10K OVER MSRP.

Wish I could have got the bead lock wheels and carbon fiber, but thats about $2k more for bullshit and its an expensive truck as it is.
    Thats good, yeah I've been finding that alot of dealers think its an SVT / limited production so they think they can charge a premium for them. Ive been ticked off by a few dealers for their uninformed / greedy reps lately, I have a whole list of crazy stories. Ive been shopping and set on one since last March when I went to the Javits show to look at it.

What did they tell you for a build time frame?

Last edited by MFChop; 01-17-17 at 11:15 AM.

Did you read the PDF? https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...007-DC1785.pdf They just dont come with the rings, you can purchase the rings separately and make them true beadlocks.

I dont want or need beadlocks, I just think the wheels look better. I dont particularly like the curved/snowflake spoke look of the wheels I got
    Yes I read the PDF. The factory wheel configuration is a small ring which is installed before the tire and works like a regular wheel, the Ford performance kit is a larger ring that clamps over the tire bead. I'm not sure why you're being so indignant, you're the guy whose primary reasons for wanting the bead locks are spoke design and pretty colors. I don't think I asked an unfair question.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

xxaarraa

Yes I read the PDF. The factory wheel configuration is a small ring which is installed before the tire and works like a regular wheel, the Ford performance kit is a larger ring that clamps over the tire bead. I'm not sure why you're being so indignant, you're the guy whose primary reasons for wanting the bead locks are spoke design and pretty colors. I don't think I asked an unfair question.
    The guy ordered a cool truck - a bucket list truck for most people - and wants to share his excitement. Can we not just say "yaay" instead of pedantic arguing over whether the bead lock option that he did not get is legit? Of all the guys who argue about bead locks, I wonder how many have actually been rock crawling. Ever.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 01-17-17 at 12:15 PM.

I just like the look of the black wheels better, and forged is better than cast. Thats all.

Are they going to put that motor in the regular truck? It might give the gmc6.2 a goer run in the normal f150.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Are they going to put that motor in the regular truck? It might give the gmc6.2 a goer run in the normal f150.
    I had a gen 1 ecoboost truck, with 365 hp and 420 ft/lbs

the gen 2 ecoboost ('17+) has 375 hp and 470 ft/lbs (beats the 460 ft/lbs in GM's 6.5L)

The raptor gets the ecoboost HO with 450 hp and 510 ft/lbs.

I know the raptor HO motor gets dual injectors, not sure about the reg f150

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    The guy ordered a cool truck - a bucket list truck for most people - and wants to share his excitement. Can we not just say "yaay" instead of pedantic arguing over whether the bead lock option that he did not get is legit? Of all the guys who argue about bead locks, I wonder how many have actually been rock crawling. Ever.
    This year the raptor is no longer an SVT model.

the HO ecoboost has different turbos, an electric wastegate, unique crankshaft and bearings, pistons, oil squirters, etc that let it handle the extra power.

TRUE DUALS as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Don't mind Bergs, he's still grumpy that his Rock Warrior Princess is a typical "decal only" Toyota upgrade package
    HEY!!!

I've also got fake bead locks!

Don't feel bad. I also have a TRD decal. At least I have a selectable rear locker, but not much else. Y U NO MORE HP, TOYOTA TRD?

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Don't feel bad. I also have a TRD decal. At least I have a selectable rear locker, but not much else. Y U NO MORE HP, TOYOTA TRD?
    TRD Blower, bro

the HO ecoboost has different turbos, an electric wastegate, unique crankshaft and bearings, pistons, oil squirters, etc that let it handle the extra power.

TRUE DUALS as well!!

Fuck I don't need one, but I REALLY want one.

Gotta say I totally dig the "enhanced sounds"

I want it to sound just as good on the inside as outside

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

I had a gen 1 ecoboost truck, with 365 hp and 420 ft/lbs

the gen 2 ecoboost ('17+) has 375 hp and 470 ft/lbs (beats the 460 ft/lbs in GM's 6.5L)

The raptor gets the ecoboost HO with 450 hp and 510 ft/lbs.

I know the raptor HO motor gets dual injectors, not sure about the reg f150

- - - Updated - - -

This year the raptor is no longer an SVT model.
    After pricing out a 2017 with the ecoboost, 10 speed, 4x4, in XLT trim the raptor becomes even more appealing...

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Gotta say I totally dig the "enhanced sounds"

I want it to sound just as good on the inside as outside
    It bothers me a bit. Our Explorer sport with the Ecoboost sounds GREAT. When I learned it was fake sounds, I felt a bit duped. It does sound good, but I always think how its fake sounds. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    After pricing out a 2017 with the ecoboost, 10 speed, 4x4, in XLT trim the raptor becomes even more appealing...
    Its an expensive ass truck, but it really isnt that bad compared to other trucks. Less than a 3/4 ton diesel. I suprised they didnt ask more for it.

trd blower ftw, bears repeating

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    trd blower ftw, bears repeating
    have it installed by the dealer and keep your warranty!

Not available other than grossly overpriced in the used market now.......

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Only $4000 plus install and tuning.

install? Its like 6 bolts, get a couple guys to help you lift it

Nice truck. I have always preferred fords and have had a few but right now I have a 2006 f250 flaking it's way onto my driveway so the fact that this one is aluminum and composite body is pretty awesome.