Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

need pit bull advice

In hibernation

Re: need pit bull advice

Respectfully disagree with you totally. People who improperlly raise any breed should be banned and not the breed. Do you research (away from the liberal media) to learn about the breed and how they are raised.

I agree, the breed can be trained to attack..as can a dobie, rotty, even a lab or shephard. banning a breed is not the answer. The answer rests in education and civil penalties (residing on existing animal abuse laws) for raising and breeding ANY dog/breed to be violent.

Learn from any responsible breeder/owner and stop allowing the media to sway public opinion.

In the 70's it was the doberman, the 80's and 90's it was the rotty, now its the pitty - its a can of gasoline for the firey media to burn off of until they have something better.

Here's a list of dog attacks nationwide this year not breed specific and dont ever tell me that beagles dont attack. The page cites 6 Beagle attacks alone. Again reaffirming a dogs temperment is determined by it's upbringing and NOT by breed.

That said, I place a great deal of responsibility on breeders, and shelters to properly scan, perform background checks and correctly place all breeds with appropriate owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    The irresponsiblity is from the landlord who didn't evict the dog and its moronic owners, the city for not banning the breed, and the parents who didn't move away from that enviroment. Show 1 single instance that the owners say they saw this coming. They all say the same dumbass thing. He was so friendly, gentle, loves kids, blah, blah blah. The defenders always say the same hogwash too. It was the owner. El Crapo. Get a beagle or a similar normal dog.

0 Not allowed!

In hibernation

Just curious:

These are all work-safe. Take some of these quick tests/quizzes - see what you really KNOW about Pit Bulls, then think about the untruths and invalid media coverage Pitty's get as a result of ignorance: - I'm interested to see some results. Took me 10 tries to get it right!!!

www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

0 Not allowed!

The T&G article has 29 comments. About 26 to 3 for banning the loving cute cuddley things. The liberal media wants to ban them? I did not know that. I listen to the conservative media and they want them gone too. It is simply too risky to put a child in possible harms way. A previous post even blamed the parents for allowing the infant/child for possibly "surprising" this dog.

0 Not allowed!

In hibernation

No child should be left alone with any dog period. That's a parental responsibility, not a fault of a breed. Shit... I was bitten by a fuggin poodle last week.... damn thing is lucky i didnt drop kick it across the room... Should we ban poodles? No!!

How about we start putting holding people responsible for their actions instead of passing the blame. These so-called parents who go get a dog to 'act' as a babysitter and entertain their 8 year old??? Seriously? How about thinking "If I dont have time to take care of my own kids, how will I have time to supervise them and train a dog obedience?" Oh wait.. it doesn't matter becuase if they bite my kid I can just call animal control and get the dog put down and blame the dog or the breed.

I'm so sick and tired of the utter lack of human responsibility we assume for ourselves and how we just find someone or something else to blame for our own negligence & ignorance.

I agree, it's too risky to put a child in possible harms way... but WHY THE FUCK ARE WE LETTING OUR TODLERS (and to be fair our dogs) roam unsupervised? Both the dog owner and the parent should be held accountable for this type of behavior.

I'll use my 1yr old pit as a prime example. (he's white one laying down in my profile pic) I adopted him at 6-7 months as a rescue from an illegal puppy mill. He was infested with worms, mange, bite marks on his neck and face and had never seen the inside of a house. To this day, he is never left unattended to run freely - No.. he's never bitten anyone, No he's never been aggressive, but he's not developed enough for me to trust my own training on him yet... period. I have held a cheese burger in my mouth and let him take it from me with total grace.. but it would be irresponsible for me to let him be unsupervised... Much like I would call a parent who let their child go in a dog park and pet dogs without the dogs' master being there.

0 Not allowed!

Pits are horrible horrible dogs! Look at this picture of my pitbull Rainier if you need proof:

See how he looks so ready to bite you through the picture...oh wait, that's just because he stuffed his nose between my drivers seat and center consol like a the total adoreable goofball he is.

Pits are amazing dogs. I rescued Rainier while stationed in Washington State (hense why he was named after Mt. Rainier) and I have never regretted it. Except on thing, because I was in a pinch & needed an apartment quickly I ended up somewhere that doesn't allow animals. Sucks because I miss my boy like crazy, but my Dad & Grandfather are taking great care of him.

Like everyone has said, it's all about training them right and giving them lots of love. Rainier is still super protective of me even though he only gets to see me once or twice a week. But as soon as I walk in that door he is jumping up excited as can be. That pup is amazing.

I only wish I could rescue that other pup, shame to see him have to be put down through no fault of his own. I would highly recomend the puppy play groups & some good training. Treats and patience are your friend. You just have to keep up with them. My grandfather doesn't use the same commands as me, or wasn't, and I could see Rainier slipping with his obedience. But they are both getting better.

Best of luck!

More pics of Rai!

How can you not love that face?

Best alarm system ever

At the lake

Poor Rai's first Halloween...

Can you tell I love my horrible vicious mean pit bull?

0 Not allowed!

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

"The things in life you regret are the risks you never took"

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    ....There is nothing but love and tent pitching at the BoMo days....

Ive met 2 pitbulls in my life, and my cocker spaniel was more vicious than either of them.
    And I'm one thats afraid of big dogs.

Just cause some retards are stupid with them doesnt mean they're bad. Hell, lets ban 1000cc motorcycles cause some retards use them like fucking idiots.

0 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Guess I should have read the end of page two and all of page 3 before I posted.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but it is the owner and/or parents job to watch their child around their or someone elses pets. I don't let my dog just play with anyones kids he doesn't know without me right there, usually holding his collar or leash until I feel comfortable that HE is comfortable. A pit bull has been proven to me no more aggressive than any other dog. Stop believing the media hype and form your own openions through personal experience.

Hate the breed if you want, your the one who's living your life with a closed mine. Just try to take away my dog from me, I dare you.

0 Not allowed!

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

The T&G article has 29 comments. About 26 to 3 for banning the loving cute cuddley things. The liberal media wants to ban them? I did not know that. I listen to the conservative media and they want them gone too. It is simply too risky to put a child in possible harms way. A previous post even blamed the parents for allowing the infant/child for possibly "surprising" this dog.

your dense.

I grew up around a pitbull..it was never anything but friendly.

I used to have a GREYHOUND, that was asleep in another room that i went in and accidentally scared it while it was sleeping and it bit me on the side of the face out of defense..are you going to tell me greyhounds are a vicious and unsafe breed now?..no, it was an accident..they thing never did anything else vicious in its life, it didnt even bark.

The pitubull attack could have been the same situation.

And then you blame the landlord and the parents? It's not easy to have a family evicted from a building, Not easy at all. And in this economy in an area like that, do you really think the parents have the money to just find a new place to live

0 Not allowed!
    - TJ

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

love my dogs, if i wasnt so lazy i would post pics.
    lots of good looking dogs here though

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

you're an ignorant fool

0 Not allowed!

Siberian huskies are on the so called "dangerous dog list. i didn't believe they belonged there until yesterday when kaiya proved me wrong. look at this, SHE STOLE THE BANANAS RIGHT OFF THE COUNTER!!!! insanity.

Attachment 17182

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Girls DO ride bikes :) gixxersixxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    Siberian huskies are on the so called "dangerous dog list. i didn't believe they belonged there until yesterday when kaiya proved me wrong. look at this, SHE STOLE THE BANANAS RIGHT OFF THE COUNTER!!!! insanity.

Attachment 17182
    Quote Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
    Pits are horrible horrible dogs! Look at this picture of my pitbull Rainier if you need proof:

See how he looks so ready to bite you through the picture...oh wait, that's just because he stuffed his nose between my drivers seat and center consol like a the total adoreable goofball he is.

Pits are amazing dogs. I rescued Rainier while stationed in Washington State (hense why he was named after Mt. Rainier) and I have never regretted it. Except on thing, because I was in a pinch & needed an apartment quickly I ended up somewhere that doesn't allow animals. Sucks because I miss my boy like crazy, but my Dad & Grandfather are taking great care of him.

Like everyone has said, it's all about training them right and giving them lots of love. Rainier is still super protective of me even though he only gets to see me once or twice a week. But as soon as I walk in that door he is jumping up excited as can be. That pup is amazing.

I only wish I could rescue that other pup, shame to see him have to be put down through no fault of his own. I would highly recomend the puppy play groups & some good training. Treats and patience are your friend. You just have to keep up with them. My grandfather doesn't use the same commands as me, or wasn't, and I could see Rainier slipping with his obedience. But they are both getting better.

Best of luck!

More pics of Rai!

How can you not love that face?

Best alarm system ever

At the lake

Poor Rai's first Halloween...

Can you tell I love my horrible vicious mean pit bull?
    Soooo cute

0 Not allowed!
    2010 tC
    no bike

Rainier is a total ladies man to, so watch out for him...he will steal your heart the minute you meet him. lol

0 Not allowed!

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

Quote Originally Posted by DocCola View Post
    Rainier is a total ladies man to, so watch out for him...he will steal your heart the minute you meet him. lol
    Hell I might even let him! I love dogs!

0 Not allowed!
    2010 tC
    no bike

Fuck I need a dog

0 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Fuck I need a dog
    i'l rent you Kaiya. $1000 per hour, no guarantees that she can even help your situation though.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Huskies ARE my favorite too

0 Not allowed!
    2010 tC
    no bike

Ha the lady I work with is seriously involved in the Husky rescue league or whatever. Im sure I could borrow one of hers.

But I like little dogs.

0 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

The irresponsiblity is from the landlord who didn't evict the dog and its moronic owners, the city for not banning the breed, and the parents who didn't move away from that enviroment. Show 1 single instance that the owners say they saw this coming. They all say the same dumbass thing. He was so friendly, gentle, loves kids, blah, blah blah. The defenders of this great breed always say the same hogwash too. It was the owner. El Crapo. Get a beagle or a similar normal dog.
    and the media & its supporters always says the same dumbass thing, ban the breed......never fully getting details of the story. it's funny how they never say what a child actually did to provoke the dog or where the parents/ owners were during the incident. media only gets fragments of the info, put 2 & 2 together & print out a story. not much of an investigative journalist wouldn't u think? el crapo, don't believe everything u see or read in the news.

all the media see is headlines because a "PIT BULL" attacked a child. other breeds attack too but it never makes headlines, why? because it's not a pitbull.

the breed is not the problem. the owners & parents are the problem. banning the breed is not the answer, stiffer punishments for the owners & parents is. beagles are cute but they aint no pitbull

0 Not allowed!

In hibernation

This sums it up well!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FlynGSXR1k View Post
    This sums it up well!
    i would personally ban the pitbull that drives while smoking and shooting out the window.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

In hibernation

Fair enough.. I'm good with that! Just make sure hes got a BAC of at least 1.0 :-)

i would personally ban the pitbull that drives while smoking and shooting out the window.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FlynGSXR1k View Post
    Fair enough.. I'm good with that! Just make sure hes got a BAC of at least 1.0 :-)
    well at that point i'd stop him to hang out.

in other news, speaking of banned pets.
    http://capetban.com/?page_id=9

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

in other news, speaking of banned pets.
    http://capetban.com/?page_id=9

State hearings on October 1, 2009 could eliminate due process and allow officers to seize pets if they “look” related to a wild animal.This affects any “wolfy” looking canine, i.e. Tamaskans, Utonagans, Siberian Husky, German Shepherds, Northern Inuit Dog, Akitas, Belgian Shepherds…

Well I guess that covers my little buddy, too...

Are you kidding me? He's almost 13 years old (he's been in my family since he was 5 months old). He sleeps about 22 hours a day. Would they really want to try to take my harmless, happy little bro away from me? Them's fightin' words.

0 Not allowed!

In hibernation

This is a great example of how the media twists attack stories for 'Pit Bull Publicity'

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Art...ors%200109.pdf

Seriously????? Look at that dog... it doesn't have an ounce of pit in it...

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast