Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Need a plumber in Back Bay

Need a plumber in Back Bay

We want to install a washing machine, or a ventless washer/dryer, in the place we bought a couple weeks ago. HOA rules state all work must be completed by licensed, insured contractors; else I would just do this myself (will be installed right next to the kitchen sink, so easy access to hot/cold supply and greywater drain*). Have called 5 or 6 plumbers, and am only getting "we don't service Back Bay," unsolicited advice on how I could install it, or no call-backs on voicemails. The most responsive guy was the plumber that most people in this building use, who claimed it would be exorbitantly expensive because the washer must drain into the sewer. (No washing machine I've ever seen has drained into the sewer, and I can't find anything online that confirms his statement). Anyone have recommendations for plumbers in Boston?

Edit: *More specifically, at least 248 CMR 10.10.12 does not require "sewer" or "blackwater" drainage.

Edit #2: After more Googling, is it actually illegal to do my own fucking plumbing work in this state??

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Mustang; 06-05-18 at 12:34 PM.
    Bill Cool --- LRRS/CCS EX #47 --- 2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions GTL and ULSB , 2012 LRRS Champion AM Thunderbike --- RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / GMD CompuTrack

Re: Need a plumber in Back Bay

I’ll ask the folks we use in Dot and Southie, but probably get the same response.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Edit #2: After more Googling, is it actually illegal to do my own fucking plumbing work in this state??
    Crazy isn't it!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Crazy isn't it!
    Not to derail my own thread, but is there a concise explanation of what is, and isn't, allowed somewhere? I could only find forum banter on the topic when googling.

0 Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- LRRS/CCS EX #47 --- 2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions GTL and ULSB , 2012 LRRS Champion AM Thunderbike --- RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / GMD CompuTrack

I've used Vaughan Plumbing and Heating a couple of years ago. Not sure if they'll work in Back Bay, but they worked in Roslindale when I lived there.

1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Not to derail my own thread, but is there a concise explanation of what is, and isn't, allowed somewhere? I could only find forum banter on the topic when googling.
    Unlicensed plumbing work, AFAIK, is illegal in Massachusetts. They're worried about you hooking up your new high-powered sewage ejector pump into Back Bay's water supply.

OTOH, I don't think too many folks have gone to jail for changing a faucet washer. You kind of have to use your own judgement here; if you're doing something really minor and you know exactly what you're doing, the risk is pretty low. If you're doing a big plumbing project where people can see you working, and your workmanship looks like that of the three stooges, then maybe it's a good idea to hire someone licensed.

0 Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

I work for Chase Plumbing in Burlington, We are in Boston all the time, was right next to the Prudential today in one of those neighborhoods adjacent to Huntington Ave.

I know we are really busy, but give us a call and see if we can met your timeline.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 06-05-18 at 04:56 PM.