Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Podcasts

Re: Podcasts

Joe Roganís recent podcast with Elon Musk was one I recommended to a few friends. Like anything these days, I wouldnít want to swallow anything hook line and sinker without a healthy side of skepticism but some of the ideas and concerns expressed in that interview were downright fascinating to me.

You donít need an app, can just listen in Roganís website (not sure about the data concerns expressed above; I never seem to run over)

1 Not allowed!

This thread is reminding me that I haven't found anything as good as S town since. Atlanta Monster was good, but not nearly as complex and nuanced as S town.

My favorite Murder is another one. Kerry is into it. It's an odd mix of comedy and true crime.

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    This thread is reminding me that I haven't found anything as good as S town since. Atlanta Monster was good, but not nearly as complex and nuanced as S town.

My favorite Murder is another one. Kerry is into it. It's an odd mix of comedy and true crime.
    Not quite in the same vane, but Serial season 3 is partially out. You might also enjoy This American Life.

Not easy to find a character piece like S-Town, though. It was really a gem.

1 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Oh, cool, I'm driving to Barber next week. I will put Serial on my list. This American Life is hit and miss, but occasionally really good. I need to start getting things ready to roll!

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Michael Morell- Intelligence Matters

1 Not allowed!

The Smoking tire with matt farah.
    if cars are your thing

1 Not allowed!

I've only gotten in to podcasts recently, but got on a serious True Crime kick and have found a few I like.

Criminal: ~30 minute episodes. mostly old or lesser known crimes, sometimes even focusing on petty criminals. one focusing on a guy who is a world record holding streaker... they also view the opposite side sometime,
    Casefile: Have not listened to many, but was recently learning about the Golden state killer/ EAR-ONS. they have 5 90 minute episodes on the crime, and recently released a follow up with interviews and more information since he has been caught.

0 Not allowed!

Hypertarded

for the funnies:
    Theo Von
    YourMomsHousePodcast
    Chris D'Elia /Congratulations Podcast

AS with most podcasts, they can all be hit or miss

0 Not allowed!

thanks fellas...added all of these...don't care too much about car talk but anything that's funny or makes you think i typically like and the murder ones sound entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by ADA929 View Post
    I use the app overcast. I found it to have a few extra options that i like. Speeding up the podcast to 1.4x and "smart speed" to cut out silence is nice to get through some podcasts. I have them set to download when on WiFi (so home) and I've pretty much have it dialed in where i get enough content to keep myself going without much backlog or deleting. Kind of hard to go wrong. I forget why i left the apple app but there was an iOS update at one point that removed a function i used, but that was a while ago now.
    i'll have to download this app...it says i have to update to ios 12 before downloading so i'll have to wait till i get back on wifi at home...since i subscribed to all these podcasts on the apple app it shows me all the new episodes that i can download in addition to the ones i have downloaded and i just want to see what i have downloaded...i don't like that feature...but maybe i have a setting wrong

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 10-02-18 at 08:39 AM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Mine are very mixed.
    Ralph Nader Radio Hour
    Hardcore history
    Common sense with dan Carlin
    Joe Rogan (everyone needs some fluff right?)
    Ten tenths - its an automotive/racing budget podcast. They did an episode on AMA supermoto that got me to listen
    Stuff you missed in history class
    True crime garage

1 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I wont repeat podcasts that have already been listed but will add Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard and Unqualified with Anna Faris. They can be hit or miss but if I'm in in the mood for something light I'll throw one of them on.

I'm on month 3 of my 90+ minute 1-way commute. This thread is great!

1 Not allowed!

Innovation Hub is my current favorite.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 10-05-18 at 07:46 PM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Stuff you should know
    WTF w/ Marc Maron
    Armchair Expert- Dax Shepard
    Never Not Funny

Some pretty specific ones I subscribe to based on my hobbies:
    No Laying Up- golf
    Foreplay- golf
    Spittin Chiclets- hockey

1 Not allowed!

Binge listening "The Wilderness". Rather interesting.

1 Not allowed!

just figured out that i had to go to library -> edit -> check "downloaded episodes"...i hate the ads that come in the beginning/middle/end of the podcasts and the apple app only has a 15 sec jump forward button and i'm not positive but i don't think my steering wheel buttons or my radio buttons work to control it so i have been listening to them since i don't really want to have to touch the phone while driving...haven't downloaded ios 12 yet so i can get the overcast app cause i ahve been reading about the bugs that ios 12 is having so i'll just stay where i am until it gets fixed...so far listened to joe rogan with elon musk and neil degrasse tyson as well as one of bill burr's...makes the drive pass so much faster it seems

0 Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Enjoy listening to many of the guests on the Tim Ferriss show. Wide range of people and topics - good for filling the time on a long drive.

0 Not allowed!

Forgot to add, 99% Invisible is a pretty interesting podcast. It discusses all the hidden meanings and design decisions in architecture, cities, technology, and more. For instance, did you know that dashed lane markers on roadways are actually 10 feet long? Most people assume they are 2-3 feet max.

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12