Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Any know a professional copywriter they would recommend?

xxaarraa

Any know a professional copywriter they would recommend?

I am looking for any reviews / referrals for a professional writer. Specifically, I am looking for trained eyes to refresh a professional resume and cover letter, so a writer with career development experience would be ideal.

Please PM, thank you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Any know a professional copywriter they would recommend?

What field are you in?

The current thinking seems to be for more skills / deliverables based emphasis rather than a chronology of positions.

Depending on where you went to school, the career development office often extends services to alumni and may also have a good data base of opportunities.

Also, if you're thinking of a change, make sure your FB feed is what you'd like it to present and that Linked In is up to date as well. Finally, assume any interested employer will Google the crap out of any candidate.

As important as the resume/cover letter is, I still believe most job offers start with an existing networking relationship rather than a cold resume application. Work your network.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Its been ages since I applied for a job, although I keep a current resume. When I see my clients hiring there are usually two things happening: a resume that strikes a nerve with a specific need or trait desired in a candidate, or a personal relationship.

So like Steve said, work your existing network and bone up your LinkedIn/etc. When it comes to the resume, couldn't hurt to have a professional review it, but take some time for each position you apply for and target their specific need(s) in your cover letter/intro to make yourself stand out.

Also, I feel like the super-trendy-graphically-enhanced resume trend is waning and people appreciate a good, old-fashioned professional resume that gets right to brass tacks.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Also, I feel like the super-trendy-graphically-enhanced resume trend is waning and people appreciate a good, old-fashioned professional resume that gets right to brass tacks.
    I read hundreds of resumes every day for years, your advice is dead on. Skip the bs, brass tacks.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

xxaarraa

All set guys, thank you.