Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.

Re: Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.

I like the height, I think it just needs some more wheel and tire to fill the hole

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I like the height, I think it just needs some more wheel and tire to fill the hole
    This. I thought this opinion was shit until I looked again. Turns out he was right!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    This. I thought this opinion was shit until I looked again. Turns out he was right!
    Some mini tubs would do it proper, or go the other route and go pro touring. Either is hot. I’d go pro touring.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Some mini tubs would do it proper, or go the other route and go pro touring. Either is hot. I’d go pro touring.
    What's that? Or what's the difference?

What's that? Or what's the difference?
    Mini tubs are just what they sound like. Enlarged rear fender wells to hang some big meat off the back, but still within a reasonable size. Drag racing, but to quote the Kardashians of male television (Street Outlaws) “small tire cars.”

Pro touring are your resto-mod drivers. Built to corner and perform better than the original in all driving conditions. If I were ever to take on this sort of project, this is what I’d be chasing.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by loudbeard; 06-02-21 at 08:53 PM.

Mini tubs are just what they sound like. Enlarged rear fender wells to hang some big meat off the back, but still within a reasonable size. Drag racing.

Pro touring are your resto-mod drivers. Built to corner and perform better than the original in all driving conditions. If I were ever to take on this sort of project, this is what I’d be chasing.
    Gotcha thanks. Pro touring ftw.

great progress .. . i think you guys know my stance (pun?), needs moar low gotta remember how small these trucks are, i'd keep both wheel options in the mix until you get the weight settled (another pun?), then go DOWN. i know you're not looking to lay frame but snug is just so tasty 'n fun.

been on the road a bunch lately and saw a navy extended cab S10 up in VT, it was sitting tight on very similar Boyd's wish i nabbed a pic, had a cowl hood as well. made me miss my Canyon 4x4 project i never finished.

Beta 200RR

I'm back to work, so progress has slowed to almost nothing. I've been slowly working on the body work below the trim line. I bought the teal paint and hoping to paint the front fender bottoms, bed bottoms and the roll pan this weekend.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Got home from work today a bit early and felt like painting while the weather was nice. All I had to do was wet sand the primer and double check the masking tape. I got both fender bottoms painted, the rear bed bottoms, and the roll pan. The color seems like a good match, tho much more shine to it. Iím going to wet sand it again with 1200 grit and just use a hand rubbing compound to bring out the finish. It should be less shiny and give a slight faded look to the color.

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-8657cfaf-2912-4bd2-9c32-d0e7e51e5093

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-bedfbf2e-6fac-43c0-ab55-ec63225468d1

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-6c0f634e-f936-4716-a777-9929344e023d

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

A little more progress today. Realizing now how much time it takes to line up body panels, and how many times you have to take things apart and put them back together to make adjustments.
    I put the roll pan on and the tailgate. Itís not the best fit and I donít care for the gap between the tailgate and the roll pan, but it needs the clearance for the gate to open.

I put the whole front end back together, fenders, inner fenders, cowl, hood, grill and bumper. I need to loosen the core support mounts and add a couple shims still, another one of those things where Iíll need to take quite a bit apart again to do this.

The final step for now will be to take the bed back off, replace both cab corners, and repaint the front lowers on the bed.

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-55e84329-8084-4bc9-aedd-b933dc0f36e3

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-c2fc0313-75f3-41b6-bdaf-15d8bf356499

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

I was questioning how this was going to look with new paint on some of the parts. Turns out it looks minttttt. Nice work!

I was questioning how this was going to look with new paint on some of the parts. Turns out it looks minttttt. Nice work!
    Thanks. It makes it easy when you have 2 tone paint and the body moldings.

Speaking of moldings, I put a smooth clean chrome front bumper on, but I have the original front bumper with the moldings that match the body moldings. I almost feel I need the original bumper up front, it's still chrome, just has the matching molding to the truck.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

looking great ... i agree on the orig bumper with moldings, looked back at previous pics and think it fits the scheme well ... nice job going with a rollpan, looks clean ... to your gap concern, wonder if you could somehow bring that trim/molding line through to make it fit like the orig bumper does. wouldn't want anything thick or gaudy, of course, but a simple line could help (?) it will look different once a plate is on as well so might not be a big deal in the end ... blackout the inner lip/mount point where the gate folds into (?) could create enough shadow to carry the molding/body line from sides.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    looking great ... i agree on the orig bumper with moldings, looked back at previous pics and think it fits the scheme well ... nice job going with a rollpan, looks clean ... to your gap concern, wonder if you could somehow bring that trim/molding line through to make it fit like the orig bumper does. wouldn't want anything thick or gaudy, of course, but a simple line could help (?) it will look different once a plate is on as well so might not be a big deal in the end ... blackout the inner lip/mount point where the gate folds into (?) could create enough shadow to carry the molding/body line from sides.
    I agree with everything you said. I pulled the bumper out of the barn today and cleaned it up. Iíll try and swap it tomorrow.
    Agree also on the molding on the rollpan, keeping it small and clean. Even adding trim around the plate could help take the eye off the gap.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Not an S10 small truck guy at all, but this thread rocks!
    Keep it up,Mark!

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

I'm in the original bumper and slam it club!

Paul_E_D

Spent the last week wetsanding and polishing the aluminum wheels, and got the new tires mounted today. Pretty happy with the look so far.

I still need to replace the cab corners, driver side lower door skin, and Iím already wanting the V8.

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-fdf21d8d-cec6-4765-8f10-23c25ed8c58d

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-d50b7ed1-f28c-44ed-becc-1d8dd6e32ef1

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-366d318f-fea8-4f36-92ab-bb967d24f4e6

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Dude, that thing is fucking rad.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

+1 ^ looks awesome

Beta 200RR

Hypertarded

Looks good...Not sure what's more impressive, the quality of the work or your drive/motivation to do these projects...i'm just lazy as fuck

I know it's a 20 foot pic, but the hood/roof/pillar paint looks like it came out really nice compared to the original pics. Able to get it back to that condition with just buffing/polishing? or did you need to wet sand 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Looks good...Not sure what's more impressive, the quality of the work or your drive/motivation to do these projects...i'm just lazy as fuck

I know it's a 20 foot pic, but the hood/roof/pillar paint looks like it came out really nice compared to the original pics. Able to get it back to that condition with just buffing/polishing? or did you need to wet sand 1st?
    The original teal color all I did was buff it with a fine cutting compound using a drill, the a coat of wet look liquid wax. The paint definitely shows it's age and imperfections up close, but it goes with the rest of the truck. There's actually a fair amount of hail damage to the hood that wasn't noticeable until it shined up.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

This is posted on NES and I figured maybe it has R7's name all over it

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xe.../#post-7477383

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Iíve been driving this around for the past month, it gets lots of attention wherever I go with it. While the V6 in it runs awesome and sips fuel, the lack of torque gets annoying.
    I finally bought a core engine to rebuild, it doesnít need rebuilding and runs great as is, but why not? Itís an oddball engine, a 1990 GM performance 454 cid crate engine. While itís still low horsepower as it sits, the bottom end and block have some unique upgrades that allow for high HP..forged steel crank, 4 bolt block, forged pistons, etc. Iíll be spending the money on the valve train.. cam, lifters, heads.. to get some upgraded power.
    A winter project for sure to rebuild the engine, and prep the truck. Iím also looking for a NV3500 5spd for it, they are proving hard to find.

Latest project, well winter of 2021/2022 anyways.-18cc4efe-eeca-48fc-a92a-361a76d4e8f9

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Jeep guys tend to snatch up NV3500’s, they’re a good replacement for the garbage Peugeot unit that came in the mid80’s-early 90’s YJ’s.

Have a look at NV4500LD’s as well. Many come with GM V8 bolt pattern on the bell housing so no need to buy an adapter. Here’s a link to the wiki:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_...0_transmission

Last edited by loudbeard; 09-23-21 at 08:30 AM.

Jeep guys tend to snatch up NV3500ís, theyíre a good replacement for the garbage Peugeot unit that came in the mid80ís-early 90ís YJís.

Have a look at NV4500LDís as well. Many come with GM V8 bolt pattern on the bell housing so no need to buy an adapter. Hereís a link to the wiki:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_...0_transmission
    Iíve looked into the nv4500, biggest issue is the bulky size and the small space I have to work with. From what Iíve read, the bell housing is to big and requires floor work to fit in an S10.

I can buy a kit from advanced adapters to make the T5 in the truck now work, and Iíd be fine with it if using a small block, but the torque of the big block will destroy it.. lol

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast