Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 95

Got pulled over

  1. #26
    Lifer zxme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Got pulled over


    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    hes in the middle lane (lane 2), i am in the left (lane 3) actively passing doing 70ish. i pass him. he slides in behind me and lights me up. i move to lane 2 and he shuts them off and speeds by me.
    then he goes from lane 3 to lane 1 in one move.
    due to this, the car that im now behind is doing 5 under the limit. so i move back over to lane 3 to pass him. the statie slows down and moves from lane 1 to 3 behind me and lights me up again.
    i move back into lane 2 and he follows me to the shoulder.

    convo went
    cop- why are you in the left lane
    me-umm...passing people
    c-you cant be in the left lane towing a trailer
    m-theres no sign that says that
    c- we cant put up a sign for every law
    m-then how am i supposed to know then
    c-youre in MA, its your responsibility to know all the laws. you shouldve got the hint the first time. license and reg
    m-i didnt know what the fuck you were doing
    m-*hands over paperwork
    c-where are you coming from?
    m-palmer
    c-what were doing there?
    m-recreating
    c-*reading reg
    m- i know trucks cant be over there..
    c-this is a truck
    m-no its not
    c-says here this weighs 5700 lbs. nothing over 5000 lbs is allowed in the left lane
    m-seriously? so every full size truck and suv in the left lane is illegal?
    c-yes
    m*looks left to see countless vehicles in left lane
    m-youve got a busy night ahead of you then
    c-well we dont enforce it
    m-thats ridiculous
    c-*walking away
    c-you shoudnt have been passing
    m-oh, so now im not allowed to pass either?
    cop walks away. while hes gone im scouring the web for these laws...i still cant find them
    c-you got a permit for this trailer?
    m-a permit? ive got reg.
    c-anything over 5000 lbs needs a permit and this is reg'd for 7000 lbs
    m-what?
    c-im going to give you a warning for these
    m-ok.
    c-stay out of the left lane
    m-tell me more about this permit. what do they cost? how long are they good for? where do i get them?
    c-i dont really know all that
    m-shouldnt you know?
    c-look, youre near lawrence, the largest drug spot in new england. trailers like this loaded with drugs come through here all the time. the permit thing is just a way to search trailers. im not out here to write tickets. im out here to get drugs.
    m-ok
    Trailer full of Drugs? LOL What an ASS, My Brother inlaw is a Narcotics Detective in Lawrence and has never found a Trailer with drugs. Also I have a couple buds that are Staties and never have they mentioned this trailer crap with drugs in their stories. Driving by a shitty town while on the highway "Blaming" that city or town is just a stupid excuse to pull u over

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #27
    Lifer zxme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Dang Lawrence sucks for drivers and cops

    How were the drugs
    It was a Statie (STATE) on the State Highway,not a Lawrence cop but still, yea a few Lawrence cops are only good to you if you are in their "Crowd"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by zxme; 10-01-17 at 08:11 PM.

  3. #28
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,409

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I always thought it was common sense that trailers are not supposed to be in the left lane
    Why's that? No consideration for size/weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    The MA speed law says speed shall not exceed X for Y distance. So technically you can exceed the speed limit while passing a cop.

    The distance is 1/8 or 1/4 of a mile depending on if you are in a thickly settled district or not.
    I believe that only applies to unposted sections of road, which are rare (if non-existent?) in the eastern half of MA. Posted limits don't get such a margin. Reading laws like this almost sound like we were never supposed to use them the way we do today. That unposted and reasonable/prudent was supposed to be the default unless you had a good special reason to do something different.

    Coincidentally, Ch90 Sec18 on posted limits also makes reference to 5000lb vehicles. My read on the context is about prohibition of vehicle travel: "No such rule or regulation shall prohibit the use of passenger or station wagon type motor vehicles whose gross weight is less than five thousand pounds and which are registered for commercial use on ways where noncommercial passenger type motor vehicles are permitted to operate. " Am I right in believing gross weight means actual current weight on the scales, not the rating?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  4. #29
    Lifer Falko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MoonTown
    Posts
    5,093

    Re: Got pulled over

    Reads as if it is laden weight, not capable weight.

    I've seen signs on 495 that trucks and trailers are prohibited from left lane use. But if I remember correctly, it read as if this was an exception to the rule, not the actual law. And I'd be pretty interested in hearing about the trailer permit thing. My boat is in the 6000# range on the road, never heard of needing a permit. Only permits I've heard of are anything over 8-6 wide.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

  5. #30
    Lifer Imbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: Got pulled over

    While it's true that in the eyes of the law, ignorance of a law is no excuse for breaking it, this thread is a fine example of how ridiculous that concept has become. They must've made that rule long before we were regulated to the point of absurdity, where NO ONE knows all the rules.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #31
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,237

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Dont break any of these rules near Lawrence if you arent white, unless youre looking to have your 4th amendment violated on a technicality.
    I'm curious as to how you reached this conclusion. Did he search your vehicle or try to seize it? Was there another indication of racism?

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  7. #32
    #494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    717

    Re: Got pulled over

    "Trucks, commercial vehicles, trailers prohibited from left lane" (or left 2 lanes on a 4 lane road). Something like that. I've seen that sign a million times. Passing a cop is just begging to get pulled over dude.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #33
    #494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester MA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    717

    Re: Got pulled over

    If you've ever been parked in the middle lane and wondered why the tractor trailer riding your ass doesn't just pass you, this is why. Move the fahk over. Small pet peeve of mine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #34
    its in my blood caloots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Got pulled over

    I love the ol " ignorance is no excuse" because everyone has to memorize every law on the books.. the cops don't know them all but isn't it convenient to hold it against you when the time comes

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #35
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,524

    Re: Got pulled over

    Coming home from Plymouth, MA on Saturday. Thought of this thread and took a couple pics.

    The white trailer had passed a Statie who was sitting on the side of 495 about 3 miles prior to the pic being taken. We were not in the Lawrence area, FWIW.

    Got pulled over-img_20170930_151138173_top-1-jpg
    Got pulled over-img_20170930_155829239-1-jpg

    Towing permits are strictly for size and/ or weight limitations, neither of which your trailer exceeds.

    Stay out of the left lane, mofo!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #36
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    SVracer, no offense, but you PASSED a cop, weaved in and out of traffic pulling a trailer and gave the cop shit when he pulled you over?

    Knowing not to pass staties or mouth off when you get pulled over is common sense. The conversation you typed up is totally ridiculous, I can't believe he didn't write you up.
    nothing illegal about passing a cop.
    i did not weave in and out of traffic. i made legal and signaled lane changes not in rapid succession.
    i will gladly have a conversation with any cop about my speed up to and including 10mph over and if necessary i will become loud.
    i was prepared to fight it in court if need be
    i got no ticket because i broke no law. the whole fucking thing was an exercise in futility. he either doesnt know what hes talking about, or he was being an asshole.
    maybe being in the left lane with a trailer is "common sense" but not to me. if its not posted, its fair game. i wasnt driving dangerously doing 85 with a trailer. i was doing 70. 5 over. and i dont camp out in the left lane. if im not actively passing, i move over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm curious as to how you reached this conclusion. Did he search your vehicle or try to seize it? Was there another indication of racism?
    he went on about how trailers like mine come through loaded with drugs and they use the permit thing as a way to search them. i had no permit and yet he never asked what was in the trailer, nor did he ask to search. i made the tongue in cheek comment because im white...

    Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    "Trucks, commercial vehicles, trailers prohibited from left lane" (or left 2 lanes on a 4 lane road). Something like that. I've seen that sign a million times. Passing a cop is just begging to get pulled over dude.
    that sign does not exist on 495 anywhere, at least not north of the mass pike. nor does it exist on 95 north of boston as i went there on satuday. i havent been on 93 in a while so i cant say. all the signs only state that trucks are prohibited. i dont drive a truck...even by the indicated MA standards

    Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    I love the ol " ignorance is no excuse" because everyone has to memorize every law on the books.. the cops don't know them all but isn't it convenient to hold it against you when the time comes

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Stay out of the left lane, mofo!

    thanks for nothing :

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  12. #37
    its in my blood caloots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Got pulled over

    U lucked out. I got pulled over leaving Palmer a few weeks ago in Oakland.. in the middle of nowhere..
    Guy gave me a tkt Got pulled over

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #38
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    4,286

    Re: Got pulled over

    It's not illegal to give a cop the finger, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  14. #39
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,785

    Re: Got pulled over

    I think Palmer is cursed. Last time I was there a local pulled me out of truck and ran field sobriety on me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  15. #40
    Grizzly Fuckin Adams dhuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    woonsocket ri
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,154

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    It's not illegal to give a cop the finger, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea
    I disagree.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

    My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

  16. #41
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,409

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    It's not illegal to give a cop the finger, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea
    Nothing wrong with passing an officer - but if doing it requires going 5 over, then it's a bold move that may not go positively.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by aldend123; 10-02-17 at 01:31 PM.
    nedirtriders.com

  17. #42
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    20,354

    Re: Got pulled over

    5 over on any major highway in MA and got pulled over? Yeah. Good use of resources right there.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  18. #43
    its in my blood caloots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I think Palmer is cursed. Last time I was there a local pulled me out of truck and ran field sobriety on me.
    Fukin A!!!
    I'd be willing to bet we could statistically prove that riders are targeted.. most of the locals were not happy with the track...
    Mind you the speed limits are a joke as well.. I can't remember the road I was on but there were no houses and the limit would change from I think 25/35 and maybe 40..

    In my case the cop was coming at me and turned around to get me. A pilot with a trailer.. I'd assume he assumed I was leaving Palmer if my theory is correct

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #44
    Short bus rider
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North Highside
    Posts
    170

    Re: Got pulled over

    [QUOTE=SVRACER01;1508226]nothing illegal about passing a cop.
    i did not weave in and out of traffic. i made legal and signaled lane changes not in rapid succession.
    i will gladly have a conversation with any cop about my speed up to and including 10mph over and if necessary i will become loud.
    i was prepared to fight it in court if need be
    i got no ticket because i broke no law. the whole fucking thing was an exercise in futility. he either doesnt know what hes talking about, or he was being an asshole.
    maybe being in the left lane with a trailer is "common sense" but not to me. if its not posted, its fair game. i wasnt driving dangerously doing 85 with a trailer. i was doing 70. 5 over. and i dont camp out in the left lane. if im not actively passing, i move over.
    If you were on 495 in Lawerence or on the Lawerence boundary lines on 495 the speed limit is 55MPH and its posted multiple areas. Before and after the area it goes back up to 65MPH. I live in North Andover and drive it often. I could careless but just wanted to screw up a good story with facts.LOL.

    I'm not a fan of the 5'o but know how to respect them. Jesus Christ bro the cop was doing everything possible that any reasonably stoned driver would understand. Stay away from the guy (Cop car)! You must have been really really high to pass him.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #45
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,785

    Re: Got pulled over

    [QUOTE=Teamdineen;1508249]
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    nothing illegal about passing a cop.
    i did not weave in and out of traffic. i made legal and signaled lane changes not in rapid succession.
    i will gladly have a conversation with any cop about my speed up to and including 10mph over and if necessary i will become loud.
    i was prepared to fight it in court if need be
    i got no ticket because i broke no law. the whole fucking thing was an exercise in futility. he either doesnt know what hes talking about, or he was being an asshole.
    maybe being in the left lane with a trailer is "common sense" but not to me. if its not posted, its fair game. i wasnt driving dangerously doing 85 with a trailer. i was doing 70. 5 over. and i dont camp out in the left lane. if im not actively passing, i move over.
    If you were on 495 in Lawerence or on the Lawerence boundary lines on 495 the speed limit is 55MPH and its posted multiple areas. Before and after the area it goes back up to 65MPH. I live in North Andover and drive it often. I could careless but just wanted to screw up a good story with facts.LOL.

    I'm not a fan of the 5'o but know how to respect them. Jesus Christ bro the cop was doing everything possible that any reasonably stoned driver would understand. Stay away from the guy (Cop car)! You must have been really really high to pass him.
    Why? Simply because they have a badge? Cops who act like that don't deserve it just because. There's zero reason to act like that. Want respect? Act accordingly.

    I have a lot of respect for what some cops do and the bullshit they put with. It's a thankless job at times. Guys like that trooper can get fucked without lube for all I care though. They make the good ones look bad and arguably place them in more danger.

    Got pulled over-6128175880_fe0068d405-jpg

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 10-02-17 at 04:16 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  21. #46
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by Teamdineen View Post
    If you were on 495 in Lawerence or on the Lawerence boundary lines on 495 the speed limit is 55MPH and its posted multiple areas. Before and after the area it goes back up to 65MPH. I live in North Andover and drive it often. I could careless but just wanted to screw up a good story with facts.LOL.

    I'm not a fan of the 5'o but know how to respect them. Jesus Christ bro the cop was doing everything possible that any reasonably stoned driver would understand. Stay away from the guy (Cop car)! You must have been really really high to pass him.
    speed limit was 65. i know this because not only do i pay attention to signage..there was a speed limit sign 50 yards ahead of me. i should also note that at no time during our conversation did the subject of my speed come up. 70 in a 55 wouldve been reason enough for him to at least write that ticket and i wouldnt argue it.
    i drive sober and i wasnt breaking any laws. i have no reason to avoid them on the road.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  22. #47
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: Got pulled over

    [QUOTE=e30addict;1508251]
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamdineen View Post

    Why? Simply because they have a badge? Cops who act like that don't deserve it just because. There's zero reason to act like that. Want respect? Act accordingly.

    I have a lot of respect for what some cops do and the bullshit they put with. It's a thankless job at times. Guys like that trooper can get fucked without lube for all I care though. They make the good ones look bad and arguably place them in more danger.

    Got pulled over-6128175880_fe0068d405-jpg
    even though the stop was total bullshit, he didnt come across as some power hungry cockhead which is why i wasnt a total dick to him. when i know that i am 100% in the right i can be a real asshole. i have verbally berated a cop on the side of the highway (ask my horrified wife). i wasnt 100% that i was in the right so really i was just expressing my complete shock of the absurdity

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  23. #48
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    11,121

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by caloots View Post
    Fukin A!!!
    I'd be willing to bet we could statistically prove that riders are targeted.. most of the locals were not happy with the track...
    Mind you the speed limits are a joke as well.. I can't remember the road I was on but there were no houses and the limit would change from I think 25/35 and maybe 40..

    In my case the cop was coming at me and turned around to get me. A pilot with a trailer.. I'd assume he assumed I was leaving Palmer if my theory is correct
    Due to your experience, last time I left there I set the cruise control to the limit and led a parade of locals.

    Passing Staties reminds me of what Woody Hayes used to say about the “forward pass” - “Three things can happen, and two of them are bad.”

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

  24. #49
    xxaarraa
    Guest

    Re: Got pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01
    nothing illegal about passing a cop.
    i will gladly have a conversation with any cop about my speed up to and including 10mph over and if necessary i will become loud.
    As the wise Number9 said, nothing illegal about either of those. Just that both of those are very dumb things to do. Avoiding confrontation and being easily forgotten is the name of the game when dealing with traffic stops. Gives you a better chance of beating it in court because cop doesn't bear a grudge to make it a point to show up to fight you.

    As I said, common sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01
    i got no ticket because i broke no law.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01
    i was doing 70. 5 over.
    Make up your mind.

    I haven't met you in real life and do not know if you are white, black, Asian or orange. For the record, I am not white. And I have no interest in turning this into a racial debate anyway. But your recap of this conversation just strikes me as you having a big chip on your shoulder.

    Most cops are assholes. Most of them profile people. You should always, always fight speeding/traffic tickets. The world isn't fair. All of those are givens.

    But none of that is excuse for acting like a child and playing all your cards on the table in the first round because you have that chip on your shoulder. Maybe you were unfairly ticketed or harassed for moving violations in the past?

    Your behavior in this specific instance doesn't serve your interests. Just wisen up.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 10-03-17 at 10:13 AM.

  25. #50
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Got pulled over


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •