Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

question about car battery?

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

We have a Hyundai elantra 2000, it has about 114000 miles on it. Is it possible that I need to replace the battery?? I put the key in the ignition, and it's trying to start, but the car just keep shocking and die slowly...when I boost the battery, it start right up. If I try to charge it overnight...it will start with the cables on, but the car won't start anymore when it's not plugged to the cables. I never had to change a battery before so I'm not sure of a life expectancy of it...help?

I'm just getting sick of boosting my car EVERY time I go somewhere and I stop it, even for just a few minutes!! (I have a emergency box/battery booster in my car)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

dead battery (most likely, esp if its been in for all 100k miles), dead votage regulator or dead alternator (least likely).

Try getting a new battery first, could use it anyhow if its 100K miles old.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

yes, this is the original battery. So I guess I should go and get one...*sigh...* spending money that I don't have, again.

Thanks...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."