Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Quickbooks alternative ?

Quickbooks alternative ?

Loooong time ago I was using quickbooks for a company I was working for and loved it.
    At the time monthly subscriptions werenít a thing and QB was a simple purchase with a product key.
    Times have changed and systems have evolved, companies realized product keys are easy to hack/duplicate and now monthly subscriptions are the standard
    I currently donít have the need/desire to spend $40+/month for what it provides so Iím looking for cheaper/free replacement.
    I of course donít expect anything to be on the Same level as QB for no cost but it d be nice to get something that simply works.
    Ideally it can track expenses, customers, billing-invoicing, ability to create (and send) quotes is not a must but Iíd be nice, create reports.
    Things I donít care about at all at this time: multi-user access, multi-point access (just my computer is fine. If I can login through an app too it d be sweet but not a necessity), payroll not a need/necessity at this time, mileage tracking.
    Probably forgetting a thing or two but if you use systems like that you have a good idea of what Iím looking for by now.
    I have done the obvious googling and found a few results but Iíd like to see what peeps have used and actually have experience with.
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Quickbooks alternative ?

do you have employees, ? the quickbook subscription is only for payroll and tax tables, I still use quickbooks, but cause I no longer have employees, I don't need the subscription

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

No employees

I will try Wave. Fingers crossed.

What about QB Desktop? $190 at Costco. https://www.costco.com/quickbooks-de...100517179.html

Everything else requires you give something up.

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    What about QB Desktop? $190 at Costco. https://www.costco.com/quickbooks-de...100517179.html

Everything else requires you give something up.
    works like regular QB?

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    works like regular QB?
    Umm...it IS regular QB. Not the shitty QB Online that they are forcing down everyone's throats and also not the personal checkbook focused Quicken. QB Desktop is close to generally accepted accounting software as there is which makes the learning curve easy to manage.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!