Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Range Rover

Re: Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Did you really just say a Kia is reliable?
    I didnít, but I have to believe they are much better than they used to be. Not in the market for a kia, so I donít really care.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    I didnít, but I have to believe they are much better than they used to be. Not in the market for a kia, so I donít really care.
    Well I mean you are, youíre just delusional and ignorant. In my browsing it seems youíre in the market for an exceptional suv and youíre a fan of RR.

Grand Cherokeeís were mentioned... if you think a Grand Cherokee is anything special compared to new Tellurides and Palisades then clearly itís the name brand you need to be able to tell your friends you drive

Have the courage to love with an open heart bro

Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Well I mean you are, youíre just delusional and ignorant. In my browsing it seems youíre in the market for an exceptional suv and youíre a fan of RR.

Grand Cherokeeís were mentioned... if you think a Grand Cherokee is anything special compared to new Tellurides and Palisades then clearly itís the name brand you need to be able to tell your friends you drive

Have the courage to love with an open heart bro
    I have a GC currently and what Ive said is that is a piece of shit. I am in the market for an exceptional suv, but not a RR, and certainly not a kia. I realize that makes me ignorant in your mind. Cool. Fuck yourself, bitch.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have a GC currently and what Ive said is that is a piece of shit. I am in the market for an exceptional suv, but not a RR, and certainly not a kia. I realize that makes me ignorant in your mind. Cool. Fuck yourself, bitch.
    You got profane on page one, which I didn’t appreciate so I called you ignorant.

Sorry I insulted your fan boy feelings and I hope your Range Rover poster is still in one piece.

It’s sad to see another person hung up on labels.

Never thought I'd see peeps going after it over SUVs on a motorcycle forum.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Never thought I'd see peeps going after it over SUVs on a motorcycle forum.
    Gixxer on gixxer crime too, it’s clearly still winter

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

One thing that's not mentioned is that LR is very capable offroad machine. In just about any trim, the company's history and DNA are engraved into the development.

Whether you use it or not when you pay for it, it's another argument. But the price is partially reflective with the capability among other things.

New Defender goes tit for tat with offroad Wranglers and very comparable to G wagons in offroad performance while actually being able to be driven on the road daily without having to endure being in a Wrangler.

As far as the Hyundai discussion, they are both in the same category for me. As long as they are under warranty who gives a fuck? LR's have things like electronics and air suspension issues while Hyundai's even recent ones are known for having complete engine mechanical failures.

• My moms almighty Rav4 Toyota had a problem where the head lifted out of the aluminum block with the bolts stripping. Come to find out it's a very common problem on the 4 cylinders they used up and down in their line up. Used. Not covered. $1000 fix, move on.

• She got a newer Rav4. When it was about 6 years old white paint started peeling/chipping off due to adhesion problem in the factory. Come to find out, also a known problem that Toyota was refusing to cover. Eventually they caved in and painted effected panels.

• Another Rav4 problem was rear sway adjustment rods. They were known to come lose and fail. Dealer bulletin for fix? Silicone the nut and wrap it in plastic with a big label that says "no longer a serviceable part". I'm not kidding.

• My father has a Sienna. It has a rattle coming from the exhaust at around 1700rmp. It's under warranty. Brought it to a dealer. Paid for diagnosis They looked it over couldn't find anything, said it's a rattle from the center arm rest and put some felt material below it. Which was horse shit. Dropped it off again. They took the whole day and told my father that yeah it happens and it's just part of the character of the car. I wasn't there but they put him into another Sienna of similar year (2016?) and showed that it also did that. Very annoying rattle that drones while you drive.

I still wouldn't have a problem recommending Toyota to anybody but lets be real.

ANY car is going to have issues if you dig into it long enough. Might as well buy whatever you want as long as you're willing to deal with such things. Whether it be Telluride or LR buy whatever keeps you happy. We spend too much time in our cars to drive something we don't care for.

Last edited by Vovchandr; 03-20-21 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    One thing that's not mentioned is that LR is very capable offroad machine. In just about any trim, the company's history and DNA are engraved into the development.

Whether you use it or not when you pay for it, it's another argument. But the price is partially reflective with the capability among other things.

New Defender goes tit for tat with offroad Wranglers and very comparable to G wagons in offroad performance while actually being able to be driven on the road daily without having to endure being in a Wrangler.

As far as the Hyundai discussion, they are both in the same category for me. As long as they are under warranty who gives a fuck? LR's have things like electronics and air suspension issues while Hyundai's even recent ones are known for having complete mechanical failures.

My moms almighty Rav4 Toyota had a problem where the head lifted out of the aluminum block with the bolts stripping. Come to find out it's a very common problem on the 4 cylinders they used up and down in their line up. Used. Not covered. $1000 fix, move on.

She got a newer Rav4. When it was about 6 years old white paint started peeling/chipping off due to adhesion problem in the factory. Come to find out, also a known problem that Toyota was refusing to cover. Eventually they caved in and painted effected panels.

ANY car is going to have issues if you dig into it long enough. Might as well buy whatever you want as long as you're willing to deal with such things. Whether it be Telluride or LR buy whatever keeps you happy. We spend too much time in our cars to drive something we don't care for.
    “To endure being in a wrangler”

You got profane on page one, which I didnít appreciate so I called you ignorant.

Sorry I insulted your fan boy feelings and I hope your Range Rover poster is still in one piece.

Itís sad to see another person hung up on labels.
    Lol. My surprisingly profane nature got you riled? Have you ever read any of my posts???

My feelings will hopefully recover in time, and when they do youíll still be a stupid shit, Ďbroí.

Lol. My surprisingly profane nature got you riled? Have you ever read any of my posts???

My feelings will hopefully recover in time, and when they do you’ll still be a stupid shit, ‘bro’.
    Okay, that’s twice. What a petty little twat you are.

Okay, thatís twice. What a petty little twat you are.
    Sniffle. Take care little buddy.

Sniffle. Take care little buddy.
    Don

Last edited by Gixxer; 03-20-21 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    What do you call the glory days? Bierman participated in the E30 M3 development. Erik Wensberg, who lives in New England, was the M brand director through the 80s when they dominated DTM and was instrumental in bringing the E36 M3 to the US market. That was when M stood for more for motorsport and less of marketing in my mind.
    Which is ironic because the USDM E36 M3 got the shitty engine versus the Euro one...

As long as they are under warranty who gives a fuck? LR's have things like electronics and air suspension issues while Hyundai's even recent ones are known for having complete engine mechanical failures.
    If one brand fails more than the other, even under warranty, you'll be spending more time driving a loaner. And if one is slower to get parts for and harder to fix, even under warranty, you'll be spending more time driving a loaner...

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Which is ironic because the USDM E36 M3 got the shitty engine versus the Euro one...

If one brand fails more than the other, even under warranty, you'll be spending more time driving a loaner. And if one is slower to get parts for and harder to fix, even under warranty, you'll be spending more time driving a loaner...
    This is the sad reality. My GC has been a monster turd, and even though Iíve had a bunch of decent loaners/rentals it gets to be a real pain in the ass and time burner. Itís very difficult to accept on a vehicle like the GC, maybe itís easier (at first anyway) to take those lumps on a luxury vehicle you love? For me it might be worse given the cost of ownership differential...

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Yes, but for 20 grand more it wasn't gonna sell so they had to dumb it down. The Euro motors melt my icy heart when they're at full song. They really do pull so much better. Though it is nice to be able to source an M50 head on the U.S. spec cars and not go broke in the process. Good luck getting something like an S14 block at this point. Unobtanium.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Kia has vastly improved, I consider Kia and Hyundai to almost be to Toyota Honda Mazda levels.
    I feel like I'm stepping into the middle of a fight, but no, the south koreans are not on par with Honda and Toyota, not by a long shot. If you constantly flip cars it might not be as glaring, but I'll take a 10 year old Yota before I look at a 3 yr old Kia.

As far as the Hyundai discussion, they are both in the same category for me. As long as they are under warranty who gives a fuck? LR's have things like electronics and air suspension issues while Hyundai's even recent ones are known for having complete engine mechanical failures.
    I hear this all the time. I imagine it gets old quick constantly have to bring it to the dealer and all that entails every time it breaks. Fixing it for free is nice and all, but I rather it not break.

Last edited by e30addict; 03-20-21 at 09:01 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by joeswamp View Post
    Yeah there is definitely some BMW influence in the latest Hyundai/Kias. I have an old 135i and my wife has the Telluride, and the dash layouts and general "feel" of the vehicles are very similar, like they're related in some way.

Yeah that's probably not going to happen any time soon... Although I have to say when I jump in the SUV on Friday to go skiing up north, I really appreciate not having to stop for gas every 100 miles. To me that's more important than being able to do sick burnouts, at least in an SUV.
    Nope. Itís Audi influence at Kia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schreyer

Good read for reliability: https://www.thedrive.com/car-warrant...ia-reliability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by scottieducati; 03-21-21 at 07:56 AM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I hear this all the time. I imagine it gets old quick constantly have to bring it to the dealer and all that entails every time it breaks. Fixing it for free is nice and all, but I rather it not break.
    Just so we are clear, that's an exaggeration. Yes LR have more problems statistically than other brands but it's a marginal difference rather than what the horror stories make it beelive.

There are plenty of owners that never have a single problem.

If we were really never to be doing things based on a fear of what a small percentage of population experiences, none of us would be eating peanut butter.

Just so we are clear, that's an exaggeration. Yes LR have more problems statistically than other brands but it's a marginal difference rather than what the horror stories make it beelive.

There are plenty of owners that never have a single problem.

If we were really never to be doing things based on a fear of what a small percentage of population experiences, none of us would be eating peanut butter.
    Just so we're clear, I spent a short time in a KIA service department. There were numerous people bringing cars in for warranty work and getting fed up with having to constantly come back. That's on KiA too. Let's try a software update. Yup, didn't work. Let's try splicing in a new knock sensor harness. Yup, didn't work. Oh, the sensor harness is older and not compatible with the software update. Try this one. Yup, still fucked. Ok, new motor.

My personal favorite is the Stinger customer that had an injector stick open. It sent so much fuel through it looked like a head gasket failure at first. No problem, well replace that. The spark plug that got trashed in the process is customer pay because the plug didn't fail, the injector did. Customer pay for oil change too even though the injector filled the crankcase with fuel. Dealing with corporate was insane.

I'm sure all the Forte and Soul customers who needed a transmission before the first oil change are thrilled with having a reman pit it so early too.

Yeah, KIAs are great and it's so much fun dealing with warranty work

I've said a few times they've come a long way from they were, but I find it laughable that people consider them equivalent to Toyota or Honda.

Last edited by e30addict; 03-21-21 at 06:50 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I’ve been driving a 2020 RR sport for the past few months, I’ve got nothing positive to say about. It has just over 10k miles on it now. Engine is a slug, transmission is clunky, rides like ass, it’s an electrical gremlin with the touch screen often not working, radio randomly stops working, windshield wipers sometimes turn on without touching anything.

The real annoying features, you can’t permanently shut off the economy mode that kills the engine at stop lights, you have to manually shut it off every time you start the engine.
    Lane departure uses the brakes to correct, and not in a gentle or smooth way.
    The heated windshield creates an annoying halo glare at night and in the bright sun.

It’s the first and last RR here, never again. Luckily it’s a lease and will go bye bye

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

All the Rover owners I know have the coolest break down stories.

Friend of my dads has one about a car he eventually got forced the dealer to trade back as a lemon. He asked them if they were going to turn it around and sell it pre-owned. They said no, they were sending it to wholesale auction as fast as they could! They wanted nothing to do with it.

My old boss had a RR. I don't think it ever stranded him but I remember that every time I rode in it there were warnings flashing in the screen on the dash. That thing was crazy complicated. I'm sure it was also extremely off-road capable, but he never took it off pavement. He turned it in when the lease was up.

Another guy at work leased his wife a new Grand Cherokee. He said the car was really nice, but would randomly shut off in the middle of rush hour traffic -- the car would suddenly go completely dead. Then they'd have to call in a flatbed, take it to the dealer, and then once it got to the dealer it would work perfectly and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. This happened three times and then they effectively returned the car (thanks to the Mass lemon law).

Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12