Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Recreationally Legal

  1. #1
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Recreationally Legal


    Simple question: do you need to be a resident of Maine to be able to purchase at a pot shop?

    Edit: I'm finding conflicting stories online.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  2. #2
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,917

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Simple question: do you need to be a resident of Maine to be able to purchase at a pot shop?

    Edit: I'm finding conflicting stories online.
    May sound stupid but I don't trust the internet for shit. Took a weekend off for a few days in Maine and called the state police to check if I could bring an AR pistol. They're pretty good and really cool about it because you're basically saying I don't want to break the law and they'll tell you what's what. Would not trust what a dealer tells you.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  3. #3
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,753

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    When I first read this, I thought you were asking if you could purchase a pot shop...like the whole thing. I was like, damn Stoneman, that name really makes sense.

    I have no idea what rules are in Maine. Out of state ID is fine for California. Seems odd to me that you wouldn't be able to purchase in Maine with an out of state ID.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

  4. #4

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Mass sells to out of state residents without any issues I would think its the same in Maine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 11-20-20 at 10:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,917

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Mass sells to out of state residents without any issues I would think its the same in Maine.
    OH cool so NH residents can buy in Maine? Thanks bud

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  6. #6
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    The issue usually lies in bringing the goods back into a state where it’s illegal.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  7. #7
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    I know Mass is cool with it. I'm asking specifically about Maine.

    I'm not remotely concerned about crossing state lines.

    I'm asking if anyone knows if you can purchase goods at a dispensary in Maine with an out of state ID.

    Does anyone here know for certain?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  8. #8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 11-21-20 at 07:13 AM.

  9. #9
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Thanks for the effort! But I don't see anything there addressing out of state purchases unless you have a medical card. Or did I miss it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  10. #10

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Your correct, but It doesn't say you cant either! Call a shop I guess they do give locations.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,797

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    I would think pot tourism is a thing?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  12. #12
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    68
    Posts
    14,074

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Simple question: do you need to be a resident of Maine to be able to purchase at a pot shop?

    Edit: I'm finding conflicting stories online.
    don't bother, still get better price from black market, even on edibles

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  13. #13

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I would think pot tourism is a thing?
    Yes Stay and enjoy the state of Maine...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    don't bother, still get better price from black market, even on edibles
    I'm looking for cartridges. I'll use my typical sources for vegetation.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  15. #15

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    When I first read this, I thought you were asking if you could purchase a pot shop...like the whole thing. I was like, damn Stoneman, that name really makes sense.

    I have no idea what rules are in Maine. Out of state ID is fine for California. Seems odd to me that you wouldn't be able to purchase in Maine with an out of state ID.
    I thought the same thing until I saw your post

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Lifer LuvDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ashland, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    There isn’t anything in the law that says you need to be a resident

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

  17. #17
    is not wearing pants Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Coast MAsshole
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,299

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm looking for cartridges. I'll use my typical sources for vegetation.
    so empty carts?...can you order that stuff online?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

  18. #18
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    so empty carts?...can you order that stuff online?
    Nah, I want 'em filled. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

    I'm just gonna shoot over to Lebanon, ME this weekend and see what happens (it's about a 25 minute drive/ride). I thought maybe a Maine resident could give me a definitive answer. I'll let everyone know!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  19. #19

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Nah, I want 'em filled. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

    I'm just gonna shoot over to Lebanon, ME this weekend and see what happens (it's about a 25 minute drive/ride). I thought maybe a Maine resident could give me a definitive answer. I'll let everyone know!
    Your only issue will be transporting it back i would take a loop back home ,but I am over paranoid about theses things, but please keep us informed.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,430

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm just gonna shoot over to Lebanon, ME this weekend and see what happens (it's about a 25 minute drive/ride).
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just call the shop first? Or are they reluctant to give straight answers to unfamiliar people? If I was heading to a bar and trying to take someone with an out-of-state license and a young face, the law might say one way or another, but I'd care way more about what the person at the door says.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  21. #21
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Your only issue will be transporting it back i would take a loop back home ,but I am over paranoid about theses things, but please keep us informed.
    Yeah, that doesn't bother me. I usually travel any & everywhere with some with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why not just call the shop first? Or are they reluctant to give straight answers to unfamiliar people? If I was heading to a bar and trying to take someone with an out-of-state license and a young face, the law might say one way or another, but I'd care way more about what the person at the door says.
    Nah, you're not missing anything. I COULD call, just don't like wasting their time. I figured if a NESR resident of Maine would know, it'd save me from that.

    Like I said, I'll just take a spin over. Not a huge deal either way, it's just easier than driving to the shop in Mass. Either way, I'll get to have a couple pops & some decent vittles at Train's on the way!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  22. #22

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    FYI make sure the store sells Rec pot! some stores only sell medical !!!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  23. #23
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,157

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    One word, PAX. Most places have carts for both the pen type and the PAX. After breaking a few of the pen types, the glass is very brittle! One drop and it's all over! I recently got a, PAX and it is wayyy better, no worries about dropping and breaking the glass and it's much smaller, more like a JUUL thing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

  24. #24
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,456

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't bother me. I usually travel any & everywhere with some with me.



    Nah, you're not missing anything. I COULD call, just don't like wasting their time. I figured if a NESR resident of Maine would know, it'd save me from that.

    Like I said, I'll just take a spin over. Not a huge deal either way, it's just easier than driving to the shop in Mass. Either way, I'll get to have a couple pops & some decent vittles at Train's on the way!
    No, no, no. We have to tell you 20 things you didn't ask, and then tell you you were wrong for asking in the first place. That's how this works.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  25. #25
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,245

    Re: Recreationally Legal

    Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    One word, PAX. Most places have carts for both the pen type and the PAX. After breaking a few of the pen types, the glass is very brittle! One drop and it's all over! I recently got a, PAX and it is wayyy better, no worries about dropping and breaking the glass and it's much smaller, more like a JUUL thing.
    Yeah, I have the smaller "handheld". Gave up on the pens.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •