Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121323 ... LastLast

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by article
    The Ridgeline is a lifestyle truck that can still be on a construction site "but it's the architect driving it," Conrad said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    'nuff said.

Oh! Right through my heart! Heartless. Below it the truck I drive. The bench seat is great. When I drive to a job site I can lay my murse right next to me.

Is a ridgeline a pickup?-red-jpg

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by The Architect; 01-12-16 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Yeah, the current Pathy is watered down compared to the 2nd gen. I really don't think the new ones have a good tow rating/tongue weight. I'd have to look it up.

The latest 4Runner is pretty badass. I wouldn't mind one of those.
    Yeah but the last gen pathfinder was a dinosaur, I'm not even that tall and the middle row had no leg room due to the frame and mechanicals being tucked under. I think the new one is good for about 5,000 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i was referring to the new one. i guess i didnt realize that the gen 1s were FWD also. they are just listed as 4x4
    there a 3 SUVs that havent gone all "crossover". the Tahoe, exterra, and 4 runner. nissan has announced that the exterra will die this year so that will leave 2 REAL SUVs left. cant say im surprised. in this world pussifying everything. it all has to drive comfy like a car. not that im complaining about a nice ride but i expect a certain amount of ruggedness in really anything rated to tow over 5k lbs
    You might find this page a good read: In Defense of the CUV (An Enthusiast Divided)

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Nissan still has the Armada (although dated) as a body on frame. I think the Expedition (also very dated) has body on frame. No idea what the Durango is now. It has a pretty high tow rating so it wouldn't surprise me to have a frame. Toyota has the Land Cruiser which I think is framed as well as the Sequoia. So they do exist, but they come in a big wrapper.
    A much as the Land cruiser/Lexus LX570 is a aging beast. It is one of the few new cars out there, that is so godamn overbuilt that you could keep it running for a very long time. Why The Toyota Land Cruiser Is So Expensive

The new Durango is crossover. Its a long wheelbase version of the Jeep GC

You speak of the death of traditional SUVs: today GM launched yet another nail in that coffin The 2017 GMC Acadia Looks Like A Step Toward Extinction For Huge SUVs

Although I had a new Suburban a couple of months back for my wedding. Other than the sticker shock of 73K for something with a bowtie on the hood its a quality piece of kit. 16.5 mpg driving around town, room for my groomsman, ring boy and luggage.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jhawley; 01-12-16 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    //You speak of the death of traditional SUVs: today GM launched yet another nail in that coffin The 2017 GMC Acadia Looks Like A Step Toward Extinction For Huge SUVs//
    Go to a ski area that used to be full of Expeditions and Suburbans and Tahoes, and you will now see a ton of Honda Pilots and those Acadias.

Intro video, skip ahead to 13 minutes if you want to see it. 46K hits at the moment.

1 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Although I had a new Suburban a couple of months back for my wedding. Other than the sticker shock of 73K for something with a bowtie on the hood its a quality piece of kit. 16.5 mpg driving around town, room for my groomsman, ring boy and luggage.
    JesusH...I thought 60k for the 1/2 ton Denali was bad. Where will this end? My salary is not keeping up with the automotive market!

2 Not allowed!

A much as the Land cruiser/Lexus LX570 is a aging beast. It is one of the few new cars out there, that is so godamn overbuilt that you could keep it running for a very long time. Why The Toyota Land Cruiser Is So Expensive
    Interesting link: Long Term Quality Index Rating.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Funny Jalopnik video.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    JesusH...I thought 60k for the 1/2 ton Denali was bad. Where will this end? My salary is not keeping up with the automotive market!
    When is the last time you looked at new trucks? A neighbor just bought the Denali you speak of... But with a Duramax. The sticker was flirting with $75k.

0 Not allowed!

I saw Escalades the other day in 90's.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    When is the last time you looked at new trucks? A neighbor just bought the Denali you speak of... But with a Duramax. The sticker was flirting with $75k.
    I leased a Denali 1/2 ton a couple months ago. Could not imagine laying out 60 for it, or more if financed. Fuck that.

0 Not allowed!

Late to the party here. Emma says that a Ridgeline is a SUV with a birth defect...

0 Not allowed!

I was talking to two Tahoe owners and asked, "I hear they go for over $45,000?" They just looked at each other. Not sure of sticker but they paid around $55,000 out the door.

I looked at replacing my 6 cylinder Outback last year and it was $36K. I thought that was pricy! I paid $26K and change for the one I have now.

0 Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted

Tahoes are 69k for an LTZ trim.
    They aren't much cheaper. Although when I had the 'burb Noel made a huge point. At that point you minds well get the bigger one. Not like your losing Mpgs. Then you can bring the whole family grandparents and the boat.

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I hated almost everything about my 2011. Power sucked for towing, always in a really low gear on the highway at high RPM. The motor sounded like it was going to explode while towing. The interior was well, like a truck. And the side rails of the bed looked really stupid.

I'm not a truck person anyway. I bought it out of necessity and chose the best one to fit my needs that didn't cost $45k + and once I had the horse trailer, I didn't have a need for a truck, so I traded it in for an SUV, which I love.

Honda should stick to making cars. It's what they're good at.

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    The latest 4Runner is pretty badass. I wouldn't mind one of those.
    If you remember I had one as a rental for a month or so. It was definitely sweet. However, it didn't get any better mileage than my Tundra did. It did ride nicer, though.

1 Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

As far as bed size compared to the other (few) options in it's class:

New Honda Ridgeline Has More Bed Than A Comparable Tacoma, Frontier Or Colorado

Has more payload than all the others too.

So as long as you aren't a miserable RC51 boat anchor owner, you'd be better off with the Ridgeline than any others to keep your headlights from "pointing at the sky".

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Yeah but the last gen pathfinder was a dinosaur, I'm not even that tall and the middle row had no leg room due to the frame and mechanicals being tucked under. I think the new one is good for about 5,000 lbs

You might find this page a good read: In Defense of the CUV (An Enthusiast Divided)

The new Durango is crossover. Its a long wheelbase version of the Jeep GC

You speak of the death of traditional SUVs: today GM launched yet another nail in that coffin The 2017 GMC Acadia Looks Like A Step Toward Extinction For Huge SUVs

before my wedding we had 7 in the crew cab f150 and it wasnt really all that tight, 3 in the front 4 in the back.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

So as long as you aren't a miserable RC51 boat anchor owner, you'd be better off with the Ridgeline than any others to keep your headlights from "pointing at the sky".
    Still a car with a bed.........

0 Not allowed!

you sure? i was shopping and a diesel denali was $64k in Augusta Maine, and Im not sure how much more optioned out you can get a denali

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    you sure? i was shopping and a diesel denali was $64k in Augusta Maine, and Im not sure how much more optioned out you can get a denali
    A Silverado High Country with the oil burner is 68 on my lot.East Haven White 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD: New Truck for Sale - 1GC1KXE81GF127093

And if you really want your mind blown: 80k for a lifted dude/bro HD truck. Its been here since 2014East Haven Red 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD: New Truck for Sale - 1GC1KXC87EF108497

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

Hey!!! The RC may be heavy, but at least it's slow

1 Not allowed!

I was impressed until I read the fine print:
    ..standard bed in a four-door Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier or Chevy Colorado..
    They are comparing quad-cabs. Which is appropriate given what the Ridgeline is. But if you were a standard or ex-cab buyer and not a quad-cab buyer.. then it is meaningless. The ex-cab minis all hover around 74" (little over 6').

I guess the point here is that Honda made a mini pickup that only comes in quad-cab, micro-bed config. Whoppie!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Still a car with a bed.........
    True, but for the majority of users, that's the best possible scenario.

The only things I'd be wanting out of this (and I'm going to be purchasing a double cab 4wd pickup in the next year to replace my beloved '04 Ext Cab Taco V6 TRD Manual, so this is relevant to my interests) is low range and a stick. When I'm hauling loads of firewood around the property across the street, 2lo or 4lo is necessary. Plus, I'd be a bit worried about smashing the bed/door system to pieces.

The automatics in modern Honda's are great and all, but it's not or me. With the abundance of Taco's dominating the market for the mid sized pickup AND their vast availability in manuals, you'd think other manufacturers would put the two together.

Sorry Diesel or V6 Colorado/Canyon, without a 4wd V6 option in a stick, you are a complete non-starter at that price.

Unfortunately, this will also likely be the case for the Honda.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Guys who think a Ridgeline is a truck probably sit down when they pee.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I was impressed until I read the fine print:

They are comparing quad-cabs. Which is appropriate given what the Ridgeline is. But if you were a standard or ex-cab buyer and not a quad-cab buyer.. then it is meaningless. The ex-cab minis all hover around 74" (little over 6').

I guess the point here is that Honda made a mini pickup that only comes in quad-cab, micro-bed config. Whoppie!
    Yeah, most trucks in this size are quad cab short beds these days.

Get a couple more dogs and you'll see the benefit.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

And if you really want your mind blown: 80k for a lifted dude/bro HD truck. Its been here since 2014East Haven Red 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD: New Truck for Sale - 1GC1KXC87EF108497
    Not even a diesel......figured two years on they might be willing to work on the price and if it was a diesel I may have asked.

Dug a little deeper in the link and looks like it is an oil burner. Not too sure the lifted lifestyle would be for me though.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by tls25rs; 01-13-16 at 10:33 AM.