Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131424 ... LastLast

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Drove a New Ridgeline with a RC51 in the back and it was sagging so bad the headlights were up in the trees....

Its a Car dont let the bed fool ya.....LOLOLOL
    I just want to know where did you get a NEW Ridgeline to drive since it was only unveiled a day ago?

I have few friends who love Ridgelines, use them to haul bikes and/or trailers. I have been tempted by one but it's a gad guzzler compared to my Odyssey which is built on the same platform.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Not even a diesel......figured two years on they might be willing to work on the price and if it was a diesel I may have asked.

Dug a little deeper in the link and looks like it is an oil burner. Not too sure the lifted lifestyle would be for me though.
    Oh they will work on the price. But some reason there is a clause that says you can advertise a brand new car for below a certain price.

It looks awesome. and I'm sure that every time I drive one of these trucks my penis gets smaller.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Guys who think a Toyota is a truck probably sit down when they pee.

Bahahahaahhahaahahahaha

1 Not allowed!

Yes, versus the guys who buy a huge pickup to make up for their tiny dicks. NICE BRO TRUCK, BRO! TOTALLY OUT BRO EVERYONE ELSE! ROLL COAL!

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    When I'm hauling loads of firewood around the property across the street, 2lo or 4lo is necessary. Plus, I'd be a bit worried about smashing the bed/door system to pieces.
    I would not hold your breath for a Ridgeline with a manual. No way in hell.

Is 2Lo even an option on the Tacoma anymore? You get there by unlocking the hubs and shifting the t-case into 4Lo, right? To my knowledge, manual hubs are long gone. Everyone uses automatic hubs nowadays.

0 Not allowed!

I have been driving minivans for about 15 years now, got the Astro when I was racing LRRS and after few years gave up on having a car (bought first gen Odyssey)
    tried going back to driving sedans and having a pick-up (Ram 1500) but now I'm back to a single minivan solution: small bikes do inside, bigger or dirty bikes on the trailer, 3500# hitch and no lack of power while riding in comfort: heated leather seats, noise canceling stereo, power everything, climate control... only draw back is there is always some dick who wants to pass you, which is fun sometimes with 275-ish hp and OK handling, no need for truck when I can put a 4'x8' sheet flat on the floor of my minivan!

Might have to paint some flames on the side and hang a pair of brass balls on the hitch...

1 Not allowed!

I've actually been contemplating the minivan option as a replacement for my Highlander Hybrid when the time comes. All my toys, more cargo room... just gotta make sure I get AWD and 3500lb min towing capacity.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

Is 2Lo even an option on the Tacoma anymore? You get there by unlocking the hubs and shifting the t-case into 4Lo, right? To my knowledge, manual hubs are long gone. Everyone uses automatic hubs nowadays.
    It's an easy "mod" in the 95.5-04 Tacoma. Just crawl under the truck, find the connector above the transmission that goes up to the push button 4wd on the transfer case shifter and unplug it. Then you can go from 2hi to 2lo without 4wd coming on. Want 4wd? Just push the button.

I've had it that way forever. Just so much nicer not to have the front tires binding all over the place when backing trailers up in 2lo.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    If you remember I had one as a rental for a month or so. It was definitely sweet. However, it didn't get any better mileage than my Tundra did. It did ride nicer, though.
    That's because it's fat and the current V6 engine is only adequate.

As the 4R continued to grow with every new generation, the best thing Toyota did was to eventually allow the option of a V8 from 2003-2009. Worst thing they did was to take that engine away and not trim down the blubber for this current model.

I'll call it right now too, this will be the last decent version of the 4R.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

Possible on the Gen 2's as well, but not a "factory option". Hubs are all auto on the Gen 2's.
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2wd-lo-mod.195424/

1 Not allowed!

The current 4R is a fucking oceanliner. It's just a massive barge.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I'd rock the black on black new ridgeline.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    Hubs are all auto on the Gen 2's.
    Actually, this is not true. The hubs on the Gen 2 are always locked, not auto-locking. The locking happens in the transfer case, so if the wheel is turning the axle is turning, but the axle may or may not be "connected" to the drive components.

0 Not allowed!

True, but close for the 1st gen. ADD, Auto Disconnecting Differential, then it disconnects in the transfer case.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    you sure? i was shopping and a diesel denali was $64k in Augusta Maine, and Im not sure how much more optioned out you can get a denali
    Yup. The sticker was in the glove box when he brought it home. The sticker price is a joke anyway. He bought his on his UTC employee discount. Some deal that UTC has with GM. Saved something like $12k with UTC discount and factory rebates. This was in CT. I'm pretty sure that pricing is regional. And I've always heard that trucks are cheaper as you go north.

0 Not allowed!

1 Not allowed!

Wife had a friend over last night. New Denali GMC quad cab, loaded.

I got in it to move it and realized I owed on my house about what this thing costs. No thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Wife had a friend over last night. New Denali GMC quad cab, loaded.

I got in it to move it and realized I owed on my house about what this thing costs. No thanks.
    I'm gonna pick me up one of them Denalis tomorrow.

More accurately - there's a 1 in 292,201,338 chance I'm picking one up tomorrow.

2 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Nailed it? He just called out stereotypes. And he said "it looks good"! We know that's wrong.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    I'm gonna pick me up one of them Denalis tomorrow.

More accurately - there's a 1 in 292,201,338 chance I'm picking one up tomorrow.
    Still felt like my boss' Silverado 1500 from 12 years ago. No thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Still felt like my boss' Silverado 1500 from 12 years ago. No thanks.
    This is why I'm not head over heels with mine. It leased really well, has an awesome grin inducing 6.2, looks tits and has a handful of useful creature comforts and tech. But is does have the same old GM truck feel, maybe that's a positive to some I guess. Compared to my last F150 the driver sits lower and the cab is significantly smaller - I got the biggest cabs available on each truck because two teens and two mastiffs.
    And I still hate the fucking GM column mount shifter. I constantly bump it reaching for the touch screen. I don't believe any 1/2 ton on the market is worth buying for more than 40k, hopefully this bubble bursts and prices come back to reality.

0 Not allowed!

I think I have similar complaints about Tacoma's. For a used one you spend $11k on, they are great, reliable, decent.

For a new one you spend $36k on, I hoped for a LOT more in ride quality, efficiency, comforts, etc.

Damn trucks.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Truck buyers buy big trucks just the same as family hauler buyers buy mini-vans instead of mid sized sedans and street riders buy liter bikes instead of 600's and the average house built is 2800 sqft when 1200 could do. It's not a truck thing, it's the simple fact that Texas has finally found a way to influence the rest of the country. God bless them....

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

My favorite part is when he goes on and on about "V8 powered, lifted, heavy duty pickups that can carry two tons of malted milk balls" and then cites an article that compares it only to quad-cab, short bed minis.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    This is why I'm not head over heels with mine. It leased really well, has an awesome grin inducing 6.2, looks tits and has a handful of useful creature comforts and tech. But is does have the same old GM truck feel, maybe that's a positive to some I guess. Compared to my last F150 the driver sits lower and the cab is significantly smaller - I got the biggest cabs available on each truck because two teens and two mastiffs.
    And I still hate the fucking GM column mount shifter. I constantly bump it reaching for the touch screen. I don't believe any 1/2 ton on the market is worth buying for more than 40k, hopefully this bubble bursts and prices come back to reality.
    That's weird. Mine is totally not like that. The column shifter doesn't bother me. I actually prefer it. Mine has steering wheel controls, so I rarely reach for the center stack anyway.

I know the sitting too low, too short cab/too high dash GM thing. Mine doesn't have it. First thing that I thought when I climbed in the cab was "wow, they've fixed that". The only half-ton I found more comfortable was the Ram 1500. The Ram rides better too.

What is utterly GM is the insanely over-the-top power-steering. The truck handles snow well, but turns it into a white knuckle experience because the steering gives no feedback at the wheel. I find it is hard to keep the damned thing in its lane at times.

I can agree about the prices. All these trucks are that kind of money nowadays. And GM does rebate the hell out of them.

0 Not allowed!