Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8283839404142434445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,193 of 1193

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Here's a question - WTF?

I spy a power stroke badge on the driver door...

Love me a diesel bro sighting.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I've been using the father-in-law's truck, 2017 Sierra SLT with the 6.2L motor and 7-speed auto.

Drove to NJ and back twice, 98% highway, 22.2mpg both times.
    Calculated from use, or trip computer? How fast on the highway?

This just in: recall for transmission service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I've got a 2017 Ridgeline. I guess they screwed up the programming of the tranny. So mine is literally in the shop RIGHT THIS SECOND to get fixed. It's a tranny flush and a reprogramming of the transmission computer. I guess it runs mega-hot and smokes out the ATF. Honda extended transmission warranty to 8-80K because of it. It's bad. It doesn't like to shift under load. It gets pissy. It won't accelerate smoothly under load. Something to do with transfer-case or something.

Last edited by Garandman; 09-15-20 at 12:14 PM.
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Calculated from use, or trip computer? How fast on the highway?

This just in:
    Mine was in last week, it cost me nothing, it now works perfectly, I had 75k on it at the time.

what more would you want Honda to do?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So my Grand Cherokee is broken. Again. This is my latest loaner. It's an 'Overland', so fairly well equipped.

It's also a heap of shit. It rides terrible, it's seats are total garbage, and it's grossly underpowered. It's also fugly as hell (at least as ugly as the ridgeline).

I don't consider it a truck...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is a ridgeline a pickup?-img_3200-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    If the commute isn't stop and go a 2015+ Silverado with the 5.3 will get high teens to low 20s. I'd much rather have that truck then a Ridgeline or Taco. Comparable fuel economy, cheaper and more capable if the requirement "grow".
    I regularly get 20-24 commuting in my 2017 Silverado LTZ. I've checked it against the computer several times and the computer seems pretty accurate.

I didn't think Subaru used automatics anymore. Towing decent weight with a CVT should be interesting.
    Maybe I'm old school, but I want nothing to do with a CVT towing 5k.
    I wouldn't even think about it. Maybe they've come a long way. But I had a Murano for a short time with the CVT. Towing two ATV's was a chore and I was constantly waiting for the trans to explode. Back when I had it, Nisan extended the warranty on the trans up to 150K or some shit. Seems many were having some big issues around the 35K mark. Again, this was some time ago. I wanna say 2006-2008?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

So which trim level of Ridgeline are ya getting GSXR72

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    So my Grand Cherokee is broken. Again. This is my latest loaner. It's an 'Overland', so fairly well equipped.

It's also a heap of shit. It rides terrible, it's seats are total garbage, and it's grossly underpowered. It's also fugly as hell (at least as ugly as the ridgeline).

I don't consider it a truck...
    How do you really feel about it, don't hold back...

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

It's also a heap of shit. It rides terrible, it's seats are total garbage, and it's grossly underpowered. It's also fugly as hell (at least as ugly as the ridgeline). ...
    Very legit AWD systems though!

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    So which trim level of Ridgeline are ya getting GSXR72
    Iím more likely to buy a Prius...

I’m more likely to buy a Prius...
    No joke, they swallow a huge amount of cargo with the back seats down. You lose a little bit of your soul every time you drive one though.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

I've been watching the Venza for the wife. That is a nice car, great mileage. I need to find one somewhere to see if Jr fits in the back.

A friend of mine has a Prius V, the station wagon. Really a great city runabout: tons of room, easy to park, and probably triple the city MPG of a plain IC car.

I'm impressed by the people who have added inverters to use them as whole-house generators, and the people who use them for their dogs, since the AC can run automatically with the engine cycling on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I've been watching the Venza for the wife. That is a nice car, great mileage. I need to find one somewhere to see if Jr fits in the back.
    Drive one before you buy. They kind of suck. Really terrible ride quality.

A friend of mine has a Prius V, the station wagon. Really a great city runabout: tons of room, easy to park, and probably triple the city MPG of a plain IC car.

I'm impressed by the people who have added inverters to use them as whole-house generators, and the people who use them for their dogs, since the AC can run automatically with the engine cycling on and off.
    I was getting 20mpg in Boston in a 4 cyl Camry.

A Gen 3 Prius will get 50mpg Boston, there's just too much stop and go to really maximize mpg.

The sweet spot is the suburbs staying under 42 mph when you can stay on battery much longer. I can get 58-60mpg there.

I wasn't kidding about them sucking out your soul though. They are a "unique" driving experience, especially if you want to maximize mpg.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Two friends of mine have second gen Chevrolet Volts, which are plug in capable. They can go 40-50 miles battery-only per charge. As they mostly drive short distances in the city, the engine runs so little it comes on in an “exercise mode” rather then needed.

I was getting 20mpg in Boston in a 4 cyl Camry.

A Gen 3 Prius will get 50mpg Boston, there's just too much stop and go to really maximize mpg.

The sweet spot is the suburbs staying under 42 mph when you can stay on battery much longer. I can get 58-60mpg there.

I wasn't kidding about them sucking out your soul though. They are a "unique" driving experience, especially if you want to maximize mpg.
    I have not driven a Prius but I have ridden in one, and even that experience damaged my soul. I wouldnít even consider an electric vehicle until Lucid gets a few years under itís belt.

The Lucid Air is incredibly fast, doesnít look goofy like Prius/Tesla, and can easily get me from PHX to LA on a charge. Maybe in a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Drive one before you buy. They kind of suck. Really terrible ride quality.
    Did you get a chance to drive the new ones, the 2021? Our local dealer doesn't have any and supposedly won't as the first round sold out. But we will be sure to drive. It will be the Venza, Highlander, or (used) RX350.

Ridgeline quiz: is this an RTL-E?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...194294988.html

this has:
    -the 8" screen with the apple play
    -what looks like the compartment for truck bed power

and if this website is accurate (AYYE-OHHH WUSSUP IN DA FIVE-OH-EIGHT), then it's an RTL-E, but at at minimum an RTL-T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: never mind; you can't tell based on the compartment for the truck bed power. I test drove a base model RT and it had that compartment as well without a power outlet behind the cover. However per the website, you can deduce that the one linked is an RTL-T since it has the 8" display w' carplay. If it was an RTL-E it would also have a sunroof, driver assist, and AWD standard.

On the test drive though, it honestly felt more like a minivan than a car. Vehicle width, the length of the vehicle, the V6/VTEC pickup; all of it reminded me of a modern minivan. And although it's a midsize and likely a full foot shorter than my full size '01 F-150, the ridgeline felt kind of longer than I expected; it's not a true "city dweller's compact pickup". The older reg cab rangers/2wd tacomas/S10's are the only *truly* small ones; but I really don't want a reg cab older basic truck. But regardless, It turned a little bit tighter in the front though, and interior space felt pretty good for me at 6' tall. The V6/Vtec was appropriately peppy and it had plenty of power to haul a YZ250 with room to spare. As expected, way more pep/fun to drive and felt way more comfortable to drive than my F150. And the sky is blue.

The $27-$28k RT/sport models were all $31kish with tax/title fees at the dealers when it was done. The used car salesman theatrics all focused on closing that same day, adjusting a down payment to match the monthly payment you want, and walking away/coming back with a "I talked to my sales manager and..." routine. 2.99-4.99% 60 month financing. Both offered $500 for the F150.

I'm no truck expert. Nor am I money expert. But at $31k, I want power seats...so I'm on the search for an RTL or higher...private party will net you a $23-$33k truck from RTL to fully loaded w' a sunroof. The dealers are $27k for base model and $31k+ for well optioned models. I'm thinking sell the F150 private party for $2,000ish, then try to find a $23k RTL again private party. It seems to be a bit of a niche vehicle, so not lot of RL's on the used market; Covid definitely made it different than before.

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-20-20 at 03:03 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife