Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21415152535455565758596061
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

I talked to a neighbor that tested the Santa Cruz - he described it like a race car. I'd imagine the Santa Cruz is targeted at lifestyle; not economy. Looks better, drives better, but still has the smaller footprint for HOA garages/tight neighborhoods. The mav hybrid is...not. Boring looking, basic, economical. manual key turn to start the truck unless you get the top lariat trim LOL Won't stop the intarwebs though. the whole facegroup are posts of "what's the biggest size tire I can fit" and "who can't wait for the ST edition" and "who makes a lowering kit"

The AWD Maverick is not available in a hybrid. It's a 2.0 Ecoboost rated I think ~22/29mpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-26-21 at 10:50 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    The AWD Maverick is not available in a hybrid. It's a 2.0 Ecoboost rated I think ~22/29mpg
    Lots of discussion about a hybrid AWD model coming in the future. Gives my kids some time to grow into boosters/forward facing seats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post

size wise...I wouldn't consider this small the reg cab/short bed rangers and Toyota "pickups" of the past (187")

While it's definitely shorter than a full size truck, it's closer in size to an Explorer or Minivan
    maybe the size of the explorer sport track ford used to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Fuel economy on the Santa Cruz is a deal breaker. Why do I need that stupid little thing if its not even good on gas?
    exactly...i can't justify the fuel economy and smaller bed on the santa cruz over the maverick...while it may be more fun to drive i wouldn't pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Lots of discussion about a hybrid AWD model coming in the future. Gives my kids some time to grow into boosters/forward facing seats anyway.
    this is what i'm waiting for...give them a couple years to work out the kinks and see how testing/reviews go over time

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

FWIW my Colorado crew cab has plenty of room for my 5 year old’s front facing booster and my 3 month old's rear facing contraption. I have a long bed, but I think the short bed is basically the same size as the SportTrac. It’s a pretty proven platform as is; I get low 20’s highway and about 20 combined over 5k miles. Pulled a 3,500 lb boat to Winnepesaukee last week at 80 mph and did 15 mpg.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    ///Pulled a 3,500 lb boat to Winnepesaukee last week at 80 mph and did 15 mpg.
    That’s great mpg. Our RIB was about that with fuel and 6 cylinder Outback was more like 13-14.

Sprinter Diesel gets 19mpg on thst run.

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

I routinely get 20mpg with my 20 year old full size Silverado, but, it ain't really a truck, it's a car with a large cargo bed, a truck would have an 8ft bed
    and I get 17± towing my UTV, granted, I only drive 70, not 80, If I had an 8ft bed, I wouldn't need to tow, the UTV would fit in the bed

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I routinely get 20mpg with my 20 year old full size Silverado, but, it ain't really a truck, it's a car with a large cargo bed, a truck would have an 8ft bed
    and I get 17± towing my UTV, granted, I only drive 70, not 80, If I had an 8ft bed, I wouldn't need to tow, the UTV would fit in the bed
    Full size pickups defy the laws of Physics. That’s why they are so popular.

maverick activity has slowed a bit...no scheduling the last 2 thursday

just a few usual annoying posts like "how big tires can I fit w' XYZ lift" and "which plow can I put on a unibody" and "hey Ford I know you're listening can I have an ST level 1/2/3 package...I don't like what you've offered and I don't wanna pay more I want a specifically setup top level package for me personally"

forum spreadsheets have scheduled build dates as early as August...guestimating 2 month build means hopefully see some dealer stock on the lots by October/November to sit inside

still no scheduling date for moi

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-01-21 at 02:18 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Truck buyers like an “aggressive” look so grilles have been getting more and more massive. Comparison with full size air hauler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is a ridgeline a pickup?-891c575b-306e-48ce-ae39-f19f0396522b