Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2141515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1535

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

I talked to a neighbor that tested the Santa Cruz - he described it like a race car. I'd imagine the Santa Cruz is targeted at lifestyle; not economy. Looks better, drives better, but still has the smaller footprint for HOA garages/tight neighborhoods. The mav hybrid is...not. Boring looking, basic, economical. manual key turn to start the truck unless you get the top lariat trim LOL Won't stop the intarwebs though. the whole facegroup are posts of "what's the biggest size tire I can fit" and "who can't wait for the ST edition" and "who makes a lowering kit"

The AWD Maverick is not available in a hybrid. It's a 2.0 Ecoboost rated I think ~22/29mpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-26-21 at 10:50 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    The AWD Maverick is not available in a hybrid. It's a 2.0 Ecoboost rated I think ~22/29mpg
    Lots of discussion about a hybrid AWD model coming in the future. Gives my kids some time to grow into boosters/forward facing seats anyway.

size wise...I wouldn't consider this small the reg cab/short bed rangers and Toyota "pickups" of the past (187")

While it's definitely shorter than a full size truck, it's closer in size to an Explorer or Minivan
    maybe the size of the explorer sport track ford used to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Fuel economy on the Santa Cruz is a deal breaker. Why do I need that stupid little thing if its not even good on gas?
    exactly...i can't justify the fuel economy and smaller bed on the santa cruz over the maverick...while it may be more fun to drive i wouldn't pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Lots of discussion about a hybrid AWD model coming in the future. Gives my kids some time to grow into boosters/forward facing seats anyway.
    this is what i'm waiting for...give them a couple years to work out the kinks and see how testing/reviews go over time

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

FWIW my Colorado crew cab has plenty of room for my 5 year old’s front facing booster and my 3 month old's rear facing contraption. I have a long bed, but I think the short bed is basically the same size as the SportTrac. It’s a pretty proven platform as is; I get low 20’s highway and about 20 combined over 5k miles. Pulled a 3,500 lb boat to Winnepesaukee last week at 80 mph and did 15 mpg.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    ///Pulled a 3,500 lb boat to Winnepesaukee last week at 80 mph and did 15 mpg.
    That’s great mpg. Our RIB was about that with fuel and 6 cylinder Outback was more like 13-14.

Sprinter Diesel gets 19mpg on thst run.

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

I routinely get 20mpg with my 20 year old full size Silverado, but, it ain't really a truck, it's a car with a large cargo bed, a truck would have an 8ft bed
    and I get 17± towing my UTV, granted, I only drive 70, not 80, If I had an 8ft bed, I wouldn't need to tow, the UTV would fit in the bed

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I routinely get 20mpg with my 20 year old full size Silverado, but, it ain't really a truck, it's a car with a large cargo bed, a truck would have an 8ft bed
    and I get 17± towing my UTV, granted, I only drive 70, not 80, If I had an 8ft bed, I wouldn't need to tow, the UTV would fit in the bed
    Full size pickups defy the laws of Physics. That’s why they are so popular.

maverick activity has slowed a bit...no scheduling the last 2 thursday

just a few usual annoying posts like "how big tires can I fit w' XYZ lift" and "which plow can I put on a unibody" and "hey Ford I know you're listening can I have an ST level 1/2/3 package...I don't like what you've offered and I don't wanna pay more I want a specifically setup top level package for me personally"

forum spreadsheets have scheduled build dates as early as August...guestimating 2 month build means hopefully see some dealer stock on the lots by October/November to sit inside

still no scheduling date for moi

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-01-21 at 02:18 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

Truck buyers like an “aggressive” look so grilles have been getting more and more massive. Comparison with full size air hauler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is a ridgeline a pickup?-891c575b-306e-48ce-ae39-f19f0396522b  

Hypertarded

maverick activity has slowed a bit...
    1st test drives starting, i'm sure this isn't the FIRST....
    https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/05/...-drive-review/

As the Maverick’s size would suggest, it’s an easy vehicle to drive, whether navigating the traffic and parking lots of downtown, cruising scenic highways or rural gravel roads. I drove the hybrid first and headed out of town and up the Natchez Trace Parkway. The hybrid’s instantaneous torque make it eager to get underway, and its 191 horsepower is ample to help it carry speed uphill. After about an hour of driving, from the city to the hills outside Nashville, it effortlessly returned about 39 miles per gallon, mostly in the truck’s Normal driving mode. Later, with a half-ton of mulch in the bed and using the Tow/Haul mode, the hybrid-powered Maverick still drove just as easily, though not as efficiently. The one quibble to find with the hybrid was the brake feel — slightly touchy at first, but a little gummy as you dig deeper into the pedal. It was easy to get used to and forget about, though.

Driving the EcoBoost with all-wheel drive provided what most drivers will find to be a more familiar, if slightly noisier, drive experience. It’s definitely quicker to make passing maneuvers and a bit more surefooted in corners and on loose surfaces. Plus, it can be equipped to tow that maximum 4,000 pounds if need be. Its eight-speed automatic transmission will be more palatable to certain buyers, though the hybrid’s CVT behaved admirably. Either way, there’s no option to shift on your own.

We got to spend a little time in the FX4 package on some muddy, rocky farm trails. The FX4’s monotube suspension, we’re told, better dissipates the heat for a more consistent viscosity and a ride that holds up under more activity. The underbody protection did its job, deflecting some of those bigger rocks from the mechanicals underneath the vehicle. The FX4’s Mud/Rut and Sand modes help provide confidence, while hill descent control makes descending those steep grades a lot less fraught. It seemed fine for most of the types of driving one might need to get to a campsite, across a farm or to a hunting blind. We suspect even the base, front-wheel-drive Maverick could do a lot if equipped with the right tires. And at that price, it could possibly make a decent alternative to a side-by-side for those sorts of work duties.

So, after experiencing the Maverick first-hand, it holds up to and even exceeds my expectations. Would I still pick a relatively stripped down hybrid? Probably. But when a fully loaded Mav still rings in well below $40,000, it’s hard to think that any configuration wouldn’t be a sweet buy. I’m willing to wager the car-buying public will agree. The big question now is, can Ford build these things fast enough?
    Sounds like this guy liked it...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FriskyDingo; 10-05-21 at 11:36 AM.

Funny how everyone always bitches about brakes in hybrids. Nature of the beast.....

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Funny how everyone always bitches about brakes in hybrids. Nature of the beast.....
    Not familiar with the topic. Why? Regenerative braking makes the brakes feel funny?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Not familiar with the topic. Why? Regenerative braking makes the brakes feel funny?
    You have a computer blending two different braking systems. Transitions aren't always smooth and they tend to feel disconnected.

Brake light and you can stay on regen. If you're on regen and brake harder hydraulics are gonna ramp up. Sometimes that application isn't smooth, especially if pads are cold etc....smash the brakes and you regen will cut out and hydraulics will suddenly be called into service.

It's not a linear pedal feel or even travel for that matter. There are lots of variables at work. End result is behavior that isn't "normal" and it can freak lots of people out, especially when regen suddenly cuts out to protect the electric motors if a wheel starts to lock.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Yup there was a media embargo on the driving experience that ended today

Alex on Autos and other YouTube reviewers can post up now

Alex saw 42mpg mixed (25% city) and others all suggested the 191 with electric was adequate. 7.6ish 0-60

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    You have a computer blending two different braking systems. Transitions aren't always smooth and they tend to feel disconnected.

Brake light and you can stay on regen. If you're on regen and brake harder hydraulics are gonna ramp up. Sometimes that application isn't smooth, especially if pads are cold etc....smash the brakes and you regen will cut out and hydraulics will suddenly be called into service.

It's not a linear pedal feel or even travel for that matter. There are lots of variables at work. End result is behavior that isn't "normal" and it can freak lots of people out, especially when regen suddenly cuts out to protect the electric motors if a wheel starts to lock.
    like primitive abs ?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    like primitive abs ?
    Kind of feels like it with that speeding up sensation, but only once. On my car, I can pull 90 amps of regen braking sometimes. If I'm that deep into regen, but not using the friction brakes and a wheel unweights on a bump, or hits a slick manhole cover or something, the car freaks out and takes ALL the regen away and now has replace that braking force with friction brakes. It can only guess at the correct pressure. The result is that sensation of acceleration while the brake pedal sinks down.

In my car, I have regen braking on the front, normal hydraulic brakes on the front and electrically actuated hydraulics on the rear. Lot of different things going on. As you approach 8mph the car will ramp down the regen braking (even with solid pressure at the max regen point), and start ramping up the hydraulics. Below 8mph it always uses friction brakes in an attempt to keep the rotors clean and you get no regen. If you're light on the brakes coming to a stop you can feel the pressure on the rears release and the car will stop and hold in place on the fronts. Unless you engage the hill mode, when it will electrically actuate the rears. Like a motorcycle, you can feel the jacking effect as it applies/releases pressure on different axles. The amount of regen braking per pedal position varies too. As the battery gets filled to a higher state of charge the car will reduce the regen amperage available for braking. The car strives to keep the battery between 40-60%. Abive 60% it starts to reduce regen braking. Above 70% it's almost non-existent and it will pull way more amps to drive the car electrically then it will when the SOC is lower. Above 80% and it cuts regen entirely and will spin up the engine (without fuel) to help dissipate energy. It's weird and took me a while to get used to and figure out what it will do when.

Last edited by e30addict; 10-05-21 at 05:10 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

Hypertarded

Back to the original question....

Honda engineers will tackle the Rebelle Rally in a Ridgeline
    https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/06/...rebelle-rally/

Is a ridgeline a pickup?-honda-ridgeline-rebelle-jpg

Honda will participate in the 2021 edition of the Rebelle Rally, an eight-day off-road navigation event that takes place in Nevada and in California. It's entering a Ridgeline pickup, and it's putting a pair of engineers in the cabin to learn more about how the pickup performs.

Open exclusively to women, the Rebelle Rally is not a speed race where the fastest driver takes the top spot on the podium. Finishing it requires an excellent sense of navigation, a perfect knowledge of how to drive over challenging terrain, and a vehicle capable of handling it all. GPS systems are not allowed; participants need to rely on maps, compasses, and roadbooks to finish each stage in a timely manner........

Honda will give the team an HPD model, which looks more rugged than the standard Ridgeline. Modifications made in preparation for the Rebelle include a pair of skid plates, front recovery points, a lift kit, all-terrain tires, and a custom-designed exhaust system.

Honda has not yet offered customers the Ridgeline pickup in the more rugged TrailSport trim as it has with the Passport, so it's not a stretch to think that some of this rally research might be done with a future offering in mind.

Jeep is going to have three factory 4XE Wranglers competing.

Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC / 2016 KTM 500XC W

Maverick First Drive.

https://youtu.be/w0dVlUlX8Ik

Last edited by Garandman; 10-11-21 at 03:54 AM.

Yup, the media embargo was up 10/5 so journalists could post their driving experiences

For a small truck it reviews spacious enough, the hybrid, while not “fast”, is proving adequately fast. 0-60 in 7.6ish 36-50mpg depending on driving styles

People have already begun taking delivery of the ecoboosts; but the few hybrids that have been built are still tied up in EPA fuel economy testing

Mine is still not scheduled

Gonna rock the ‘01 F150 a little longer

Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-11-21 at 02:13 PM.

2023 Tacoma hybrid

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/tacoma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you kidding

I may walk on a Maverick for a Taco

EDIT: no I won't

199" is as small as I can get

found this pic on the groups with the tailgate down:

79"

just 1" shorter than the bed on my F150 bed (w' CNG tanks)...

and overall it's 25" shorter

Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-12-21 at 03:22 AM.

Are you kidding

I may walk on a Maverick for a Taco

EDIT: no I won't

199" is as small as I can get

found this pic on the groups with the tailgate down:

79"

just 1" shorter than the bed on my F150 bed (w' CNG tanks)...

and overall it's 25" shorter
    i would imagine the tacoma hybrid is going to be much more expensive than the maverick as well...but i'll add it to my list