Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22425253545556575859606162
Results 1,526 to 1,545 of 1545

Is a ridgeline a pickup?

Re: Is a ridgeline a pickup?

yup, and even the mavericks sold on dealer lots that customers pass on are being sold $3k-$10k over sticker for "market adjustment"

sticking to the original reservation

saw this floating around too - perfect!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

EPA numbers finally released for the hybrid: 42 city 33 highway, 37 combined

Up until now Ecoboosts were delivered and Hybrids We’re stuck in EPA testing, but now it’s suggested December shipping and early January for delivery.

Got my first email from Ford since my reservation...their official statement was that it will be delivered in 2022....so no luck for this year. I get a free accessory kit for cup holders and storage dividers

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-21-21 at 04:57 PM.

Lifer

I went to pick up this year's first pallet of pellets yesterday.

Same place as always.

Family run place nearby, "dad" is the owner and is a one man sales prevention team.

I shudder when he rolls out the back with the forklift, grabs the pallet, sits it down on the ground and goes to starts removing the plastic.

I tell him it's not necessary, just drop the full pallet in the truck bed like we've done 3x per year for 5 years.

He blows his stack.

"What's that a half ton truck, I can't put more than 25 bag in, you have to come back for a second trip. You show up in an F150 and I'm going to say the same thing. You need a 1 ton pickup to take the whole pallet."

"Then why have you been putting the pallet on the truck for 5 years?"

"I have never put the pallet on the truck."

"Your employees did."

"I'm not talking about what happened last year, I'm talking about what's happening today and if you get pulled over with too much weight in the bed I get fined."

At this point his son comes walking out of the shop, jumps in the back of the truck and starts helping me load the bags. He asks, "What's going on?" and I reply, "Gotta make 2 trips (with an eye roll)." He says, "Because he won't drop the pallet in the bed?" I nod and we finish loading up the first 25 bags and I head home.

45 minutes later I return for the rest and the son comes out and drops the pallet in the back (50 bags + Pallet > 1,000 lbs). I ask, "Would it have mattered if I told your dad that the payload for this bed is 1500# and that the payload on a modern F150 runs 1800# to 2600#?

He says, "Nope, and he probably would have cancelled the order and told you not to come back."

Then he thanks me for coming back, asks if I know the back roads for the 7 mile to home because the traffic on the main road is a nightmare and tells me to stop at the shop on my way out so he can throw in another bag because one of the bags on the pallet looks a little wet.

Point of the story, all these trucks can do a lot more than it might appear and if you're stuck in 150/250/350 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton mode, you're working from ancient history.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

Point of the story, all these trucks can do a lot more than it might appear and if you're stuck in 150/250/350 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton mode, you're working from ancient history.
    Lots of people have no concept of payload.

People at this store just shrug and throw whatever you want on without any fucks given.
    Is a ridgeline a pickup?-20210513_105954-jpg

Payload numbers seem to be very conservative from what I've noticed though. I may have had considerably more in the bed then the book says and still had some suspension left.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 10-22-21 at 09:15 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Lots of people have no concept of payload.

People at this store just shrug and throw whatever you want on without any fucks given.

Attachment 55889

Payload numbers seem to be very conservative from what I've noticed though. I may have had considerably more in the bed then the book says and still had some suspension left.
    I've never been concerned that the Ridgeline would suffer from 3x per year, ton in the bed, 7 miles backroads to home.

I've never been concerned that the Ridgeline would suffer from 3x per year, ton in the bed, 7 miles backroads to home.
    The Taco in that picture was overloaded more then that and he does so on a much more regular basis. It seems to be surviving so far.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Hypertarded

I ask, "Would it have mattered if I told your dad that the payload for this bed is 1500# and that the payload on a modern F150 runs 1800# to 2600#?

He says, "Nope, and he probably would have cancelled the order and told you not to come back."
    Sounds like his head will EXPLODE the 1st time someone in a new F-150 tries to explain this to him:
    Is a ridgeline a pickup?-155edcd7ff8133826b70e2e8f50723b3-jpg

"I don't care about no new fangled blinkin lights!"

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Sounds like his head will EXPLODE the 1st time someone in a new F-150 tries to explain this to him:
    Is a ridgeline a pickup?-155edcd7ff8133826b70e2e8f50723b3-jpg

"I don't care about no new fangled blinkin lights!"
    Any idea if those lights only function in park?

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Any idea if those lights only function in park?
    I'm guessing that they are measuring payload based on the depth of the suspension? My guess would be that placement of the bags within a certain area of the bed would also matter? Unless they are using a combined measurement of displacement of the suspension at the front and rear. That would be slick.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I'm guessing that they are measuring payload based on the depth of the suspension? My guess would be that placement of the bags within a certain area of the bed would also matter? Unless they are using a combined measurement of displacement of the suspension at the front and rear. That would be slick.
    I got curious and did some digging. Apparently each wheel has a sensor so it does take into account passengers etc... I don't buy the part about them not using the info to deny claims for a second though.

Four sensors, one on the corner of each wheel, measure suspension displacement to approximate the additional weight, Ford explained in a call with The Car Connection. A graphic in the app or on the touchscreen mimics the taillight bars, and if the payload is exceeded, the display turns red and an alert warns that the limit has been exceeded. That warning pops up only once per key cycle, so if you choose to keep hauling excess weight, there won't be a series of bings and bongs or flashing messages; the screen will stay red, however. So you can continually overdo it without being too annoyed, and Ford said none of the info gathered to make the estimates will be used against warranty claims.
    https://www.thecarconnection.com/new...021-ford-f-150

2012 Tiger 800 XC

2 bikes sure, 3 bikes...meh

I'm in a facebook group and people are trying to get 1 bike in without part of the tire hanging off the tailgate so they can use a bed extender.

but to be honest, the gear required for 3 bikes ends up being a lot...heck the gear for carrying 2 bikes is still a lot...and definitely too much if bringing camping gear too.

it's just big enough for a 1 man show for a weekend, or 2 people for a day trip.

I'm getting a little curious about using this with a Sur Ron tho for my local run

Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-09-21 at 11:50 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**

do they make roof racks for them?

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Maverick update.

https://youtu.be/ocHFC03Wmbw

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    informative but that guy is def annoying to listen to...my issues with it are the engine/tire/wind noise (i spend a lot of time driving and i find my legacy loud because of wind), the non splitting rear bench seat (under seat storage is useless if there is a car seat there) and no awd offered in the hybrid engine...it would also be nice to see an under bed compartment like the ridgeline...that bed extender needs to be boxier also...you lose so much space on the tailgate with it curved like that...but wow do they have a lot of options and accessories with this truck...i need a lot of stuff for work so i would have to keep it in the bed so i would need a bed box back there which would take up a good portion of that short bed or i would just get a cap which defeats the purpose of having a truck

Last edited by Point37; 11-11-21 at 09:42 AM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    that bed extender needs to be boxier also...you lose so much space on the tailgate with it curved like that...
    I had a https://readyramp.com/ for my truck. It was a near perfect box-style bed extender that doubled as a long ramp. I'll get another one if I ever buy a truck again.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Clever!

Found this video while looking for reviews of the new BF Goodrich Trail Terrain TA, basically a dirty road tires. But they’re on a Maverick so you can get a decent look. No fan of pickups but this looks like a cleanly styled and practical package.

https://youtu.be/gfY-N9QWN4k

P.S. why aren’t YouTube videos showing up in my posts?

Last edited by Garandman; 11-23-21 at 07:52 AM.

Saw a Ridgeline today with a big “HPD” decal on the side.

Turns out to be a $2,800 appearance package.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/i...kage-worth-it/

With the newest delays on the Rivian and CT, I may have to buy something else in between now and my conversion to electric. Damnit.

At least it's a good time to buy a new or used truck, amiright? Fuck.

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Saw a Ridgeline today with a big “HPD” decal on the side.

Turns out to be a $2,800 appearance package.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/i...kage-worth-it/
    I reaaaly like the bronze wheels. Bit it’s irritating that for that money you can have a loaded rtl-e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk