Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rocky Mountain Shipping Silliness

Rocky Mountain Shipping Silliness

This is too ridiculous.

So, I got an order from RM a few days ago. I got my items, along with some random extra stuff I didn't order - a women's jersey & gloves. Cool, a freebie! Except, there was no mention of it, so... probably sent out by mistake.

Trying to be halfway decent, I figure I'll call them. Explained I got some stuff I didn't order and wondering what to do. Girl puts me on hold for 10+ minutes, comes back and curtly informs me I'll get a FedEx tracking number via email, then says "you're welcome" and ends the call. Uhh - YOU'RE welcome lady!

End of the day and I get a FedEx email and RMA #. So, at this point they are expecting me to package this stuff up, print a shipping label, then drive 15 minutes to FedEx, wait in line, etc just to return their mistake. A little bit bothered that they expected me to just take time off during the day and deal with this crap, I send another email explaining that I'm not keen on making a special trip to the next town and wasting time & gas on this.

Another response today asking for a picture of the item so they can determine how to proceed. I send them a link to the $30 jersey on their website. Several hours later I get my latest response - I'm "more than welcome" to use another shipping service and pay for it myself, then send them a receipt and they will reimburse me!

Maybe it's my history in customer service or with my own customers that's getting under my skin here, but there are only three appropriate ways to handle this situation: tell me to keep the stuff, give me a dead simple way to return it - like USPS pickup at my door, or show gratitude for offering to return it and provide me with some kind of account credit or *something* to compensate me for my time.

RM has a lot of street cred with me as I won a sweet pair of headphones from them, so I'm cutting them a ton of slack here, but wow..

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Re: Rocky Mountain Shipping Silliness

I'm actually a little surprised at this as well, I expected to hear you were told to keep the stuff. I've dealt with their support before, they're usually pretty awesome.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Yeah. Not really anything against the reps per say. Maybe I should just send it and include an invoice for my time.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Tie the jersey in a knot, wrap the RMA sticker/shipping label around it, drop it in the closest Fed Ex mailbox. No longer your problem

1 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything. At this point they know you have the items, if they want them bad enough they'll make it worth your while. Throw them somewhere in the basement and wait for them. Unless someday you happen to be going somewhere right next to a shipping facility.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

I had a similar thing happen with a Wayfair order for some house stuff, I put the extra stuff back in the box and put the box in the same spot the delivery guy left it. When I talked to customer service, I simply let them know where it is if they wanted to come get it. It sat on my porch for 2 weeks before I finally put it out in the trash. Never heard a peep from them.

Offering a little something goes a long way in my book, even a simple credit or shipping waiver on your next order

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

So I was going to post this in another thread, but since this is kind of morphed into a CS thread I'll throw it out there.

Long story short, I ordered something on line. It was undeliverable so it went return to sender. It only had to go about 100 miles to get back to its original point. But it traveled up and down the east coast for several WEEKS, passing the original destination 3 times. Then, it goes lost. If you've never had to deal with the customer service (and their insane phone system) at the post office, consider yourself lucky. Anyway, after several unsuccessful attempts at talking to someone to find the package, I start filling out every form I could on line, lost mail, claims, CS reports, you name it, I filled it out. So then I started getting emails. One from the head of the Boston PO CS division sent kind of a snide little email about it being lost because the package was probably damaged during shipment (probably from all the frequent flyer miles it was picking up). I simply asked, then aren't you responsible? No reply. Finally someone from the local PO called me and said he looked it up in their system and found a picture of the package during one of the scans, seems the system takes pictures of the packages when they get scanned. He stated the package label didn't look good, I explained the issue. He said he'd make some calls and get back to me. Nope. A couple days later after several the package is found, and returned to the sender and I finally get my refund from them. Yeah me.

Now yesterday, I receive a letter from the PO, it's a check. Seems they reviewed, investigated, and approved my claim that they lost the package in the mail. The check was for less than half of my claim. But I already received a refund since the package was found and returned. Now I really have no intention of cashing this check, although the $100 they sent me less than covers my time and aggravation with the matter. I figure they will eventually figure it out and either charge me with insurance fraud, mail fraud, or completely forget about it all together (it's a c-note, these guys piss billion$ away every year). I'm pissed for the offer of less than half the PROVEN value of the package, but I figure not cashing it will fuck with their accounting a little bit. I'll drag that out as long as I can. And this whole exercise in lunacy only continues to prove why the PO is in such dire fiscal condition.
    Sorry for the long post, I tried to keep it to the important stuff, but I have pages of notes on my desk of everything I went through, this only scratches the surface.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Dang Falko, much worse than this fluke. I've been pretty lucky with the PO, but have tried calling them to hunt down a package and their phone system was useless. It was a pretty important part for a project I was doing so ended up going to the PO, and the guy there tracked down a scan of the label and confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address and told me where it was sent. Felt a little stupid, but decided to drive to said house as I was a bit desperate - this little old lady had tossed in the back of her shed and gladly turned it over. Guessing it would still be collecting dust there today if I hadn't shown up.

FedEx has been the worst to deal with - had a very expensive package go missing and called, got a complete runaround, was promised phone calls several days in a row that never came, actually confronted a FedEx guy delivering at a nearby store, and ended up driving 40 minutes to the distribution center - the entire place was gated off with ID card access and no humans in sight. Finally gave up, but to their credit, after several days the FedEx Ground guy showed up and had accidentally delivered it to the wrong address, went back and got it, and brought it to me.

At this point I'll either call again and try and get a "manager" or just throw it in my truck and if I ever pass by FedEx again I'll mail it. I'm 99.9% sure anyone with any authority at RM would laugh at doing an RMA for a small issue like this and the CS people are just automatons running off a script.

Maybe I should accidentally ship something of mine their way and see if I get a response.

1 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350