Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Segway Human Transporter...

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Okay. I've kept my mouth shut about this long enough. This is fuckin' outrageous, plain & simple. New Hampshire has recently passed a law that will allow these things to operate freely and at will on our city's sidewalks. These machines, which are capable of almost 20 MPH, don't even have brakes for chrissakes!!! They will be operating on the very same sidewalks that skateboards have been outlawed and banned from! What the fuck? This shit just ain't right! They'll gladly pass legislation for a billionaire, but won't let school kids skateboard on public passageways, sidewalks included???

I am soooo fuckin' sick of this type of bullshit. This country's leader's ways of thinking sometimes really makes me fuckin' sick. Heaven forbid a few kids have some fun on a little 'toy' that makes their commuting less mundane. I've fuckin' had it with this shit. Let's all bend over for the rich guy. FUCK YOU, I say. Suck my ballz...

[Edited on 2/20/02 by Stoneman]

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

iTrader Score

Dont' worry it won't take long for NH to require a registration for them, then lights then brakes, by the time someone gets run over by them or hurt from falling off, there will be millions of dollars generated from a use taxes for the state, law suits and updates to the board,to make it safe. Look at it as a way of improving the economy, not as a common sense approch to travel..

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Believe me...Dean Kamen and DEKA will spend as much money as needed to not hafta face the things you speak of. If they were forced to make those kindsa changes to it, it'd hafta be considered (by NH law) a motor vehicle. And NO motor vehicle may be operated on a walkway built for human pedestrian traffic. He'll pad as many pockets as needed to avoid that. THAT, I can assure you...

NH has never been known to generate much revenue for ANYTHING through taxes, and it'll be a long-ass time before that'll change. Ever hear of the 'New Hampshire Education Funding Lawsuits'?

The problem here is that everybody's who's anybody has their hands in his pockets, and no one has the sand to say otherwise. If he WANTS them 'sidewalk legal', they'll be sidewalk legal. Plain & simple, watch and see. All the politicians are so damn caught up in his wealth, they won't say a word to jeopordize getting their 'soft money' from him and his cronies...

You don't think I know what I'm talkin' about here? Trust me, I've been watching this shit for years, since he moved to the town I grew up in. It's fuckin' rediculous...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

if the segway can go on the sidewalks, why not a pocket bike........
    tee heee
    --sean--
    00zx7R

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

They will be operating on the very same sidewalks that skateboards have been outlawed and banned from! What the fuck? This shit just ain't right! They'll gladly pass legislation for a billionaire, but won't let school kids skateboard on public passageways, sidewalks included???

the skateboard companies didn't give the governor and her mother one of the first rides on one

What pisses me off even more is that our postage is going go up again cause of them, the postmaster in Concord has already ordered a bunch of em. who else would pay so much for a reel lawnmower with a motor.

BTW somebody else has already got something better

[Edited on 2/20/02 by RandyO]www.megway.com

[Edited on 2/20/02 by RandyO]

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Lifer
    iTrader Score

I completely agree with you Stoneman... I think the thing is friggin retarded in the first place.

As if we need one more way for people to get fat.

It doesn't replace a car (or motorcycle) and it doesn't really win in any objective comparison against a bicycle.

No one has shown me how I would go get my groceries with this thing.

Maybe it makes some kind of sense in Boston or NYC but it doesn't seem to make any sense at all in NH.

Ben

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Like the guy said, you think left, and go left. People are going to be cruising down the sidewalk daydreaming about fucking their neighbor's wife, and end up causing quite the mess.

[Edited on 2/20/02 by JC]

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

Like the guy said, you think left, and go left. People are going to be cruising down the sidewalk daydreaming about fucking their neighbor's wife, and end up causing quite the mess.
    Bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa!!! That's a fuckin' riot!!!

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

What gets me the most Ben, is that even when I was a kid people were trying to ban skateboards from public areas. Walkways, sidewalks, parking lots and the such have been targets of hipocrites for decades. And recently, they won their battles against skaters...

Then this billionaire comes walking along, builds this rediculous contraption, and LITERALLY months later gets the okay from the NH Legislature allowing them to be used on sidewalks along with pedestrian traffic...

These 'vehicles' are capable of almost 20 MPH and have no brakes, and as of now, you won't be required to pass any sorta test to make sure you can operate one! This very invention that'll supposedly make him millions MORE is gonna end up costing him all that fortune in lawsuits alone once pedestrians start getting hit by these...

The point I was trying to make is a simple one: If vehicles capable of those speeds are gonna be allowed by law to operate on sidewalks & malls & shopping centers, why can't something as trivial as a skateboard be used in the same manner?

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Here's an interesting twist. Joe-smo drives along the sidewalk and takes out Miss Daisy. Well Miss Daisy hires an attorney who sues Joe... poor Joe has not liability coverage under his auto policy or his home insurance policy. Guess who the attorney's gonna sue next, Mr. Kamen and the State! Maybe that will convince the state of what a bad fuckin idea they had.

My understanding was they banned skateboards due to liability issues. These fuckin things are gonna be a bigger liability hazard.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer
    iTrader Score

My brother is obsessed with skateboarding. He makes "Skateboarding isn't a crime" type videos, etc.. and spends all his free time skating, building ramps, etc.. I've skateboarded on-and-off over the years but I'm not very good.

I've had this discussion with him a lot cause he's gotten in trouble for skateboarding. I don't think anyone will give you a hard time most places if you're just skating down the sidewalk. (Maybe in NH, haven't skated here.)

I think where the problem comes in is skaters just hanging out in one area and possibly causing damage. Skaters love to grind rails, park benches, etc.. and no matter what they tell you, they do scrape the paint off and cause damage.

I think if kids started doing Tricks on segways and loitering with them, causing damage, etc.. the same thing would happen.

It's just like most places don't care if you ride your bike through, but they don't want to see a bunch of sportbikers setting up illegal drags on main street or a bunch of cruiser riders beating people up in the local bars, so they end up thinking "motorcyclists are bad".

Yah this guy has too much money. But if people find a way to use the Segway for evil (TM) he'll have a hard time combatting it.

I do think the potential for this thing to cause sidewalk havoc is huge though. It weighs 80lbs. That's 3x more than my bicycle + anything I would carry to work, and I'm certainly not allowed on the sidewalk with that setup. (Nor do I want to be on the sidewalk)

From the looks of it, it does stop quickly, doesn't corner at a high speed, etc.. so it will be decent for sidewalks, but I bet if someone drops a briefcase in it's path of travel it will make the rider eat concrete. It works on balance. Lean forward, go forward. If you stop the segway but not the rider I don't see how the segway can correct for the rider moving forward out of balance.

And at 80lbs and no suspension it's going to be really hard to bunny-hop it. Or carry it up the stairs into your office for that matter.

My only real experience is I got yelled at for rollerblading on the side of the road in Nashua right after I moved here. I had to cross the street to take a left and I was having a hard time cause there were no crosswalks or sidewalks. And the cop pulls up and yells at me, "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I ride my bicycle like it's a motorcycle though and they never give me a hard time, and I do corner it too hard downtown, etc.. when I have to take a 90 degree left or right, etc..

Ben

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

http://msn.com.com/2100-1106-840563.html

All I wanna know is.... who the FUCK is stupid enough to pay $30,000+ for one of these useless fuckin things?!??!

My opinion... they'll make good targets for large 4x4 vehicles!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!

Segway HTSegway HTSegway HT

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

there getting legalized for sidewalks all over the country

http://www.fosters.com/news2002a/feb02/21/na0221a.htm

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score

I have just learned of a good use for a segway..

Josh, you really need one, take the innards out of it and install them on your TL and you won't have to even think about looping it

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

I have just learned of a good use for a segway..

Josh, you really need one, take the innards out of it and install them on your TL and you won't have to even think about looping it
    I've never even come close to looping a wheelie on a streetbike.

Now quads, that's another story (ask my bud Kevin with the 400ex...he hadn't had it home for 1 hour and I was laying on my back in the middle of a field with the 400 riding away from me)

Oh yea, I almost tossed his CR 125 too...and got it on video, which is on this site.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Anyone heard any updates on whether this things been legalized for sidewalks yet?

I think we need to set up a civil disobedience day... all take our skateboards down Main Street!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

Yes, I posted it somewhere but can't find it now, segway's are sidewalk legal in NH

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

They ARE legal now? I think we should set up a day and go skateboarding in downtown Concord!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

Now they are lobbying the officials in Florida to allow them on sidewalks. Rich, can we go there and skateboard around too. Actually I would like to mountainboard down the side walks... This way when people get run over, at least I will have more ground clearance to keep going.

After were done, can I take my 929 down the sidewalks too? It goes up to 17 mph too.

LOL

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

o I mean 175 mph ... eehhehe

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

I looked at investing in this company seeing that can write their own laws. Damn privately owned LLC. Guess I will have to look at all the component mfgs.

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Funny Todd... you got a mountainboard huh? Crazy cat!

I'm really not joking about the skateboarding thing tho. I'd like to see how this law would stand up in court. Skateboard... get arrested, get convicted, appeal to the state supreme court, conviction upheld, appeal to the US supreme court, get conviction overturned. Sell book rights to publisher, star in made-for-tv movie about the case, get agent, make a billion, buy Segway Company and run it into the ground!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

let me get rich on the components first.. hehe

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560